Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 242987 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2013, 03:02:36 AM »
The genie lamp is really good value. If you have the choice between that and the inheritance LTR then go for the lamp - you get 10x the amount of inheritance (well, if you use all three wishes on fortune) and/or something else on side. I love the genie lamp!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »
And it's also for that very reason that the Inheritance LTR makes a good unique LTR now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
If you're upgrading your Property and can't figure out how to squeeze 80k simoleons worth of building value into the place - it's totally valid to dig a basement and fill it with expensive artwork. There is no requirement that there actually be stairs down to this basement...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.
Why can't we use the dresser? Is it gliching?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »
It resets age after patch 1.50.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
It resets age after patch 1.50.
Well then, it's good I only use the dresser once every age state. ;)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #382 on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
Well, I can come back with a very important tip.

Some careers are difficult, especially sports and fortune-telling. I am so intent on having a fortune-teller founder, but after a certain point in the career, you don't have a boss, so no one to ask for promotions (at level nine, you work twice a week). And sports has the "can't work hard" problem.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #383 on: March 01, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »
If you really want to be a fortune teller, specifically mystic branch, I would strongly recommend maxing the self-employed Alchemist career first and then be a fortune teller for fun. You can max the career without pressure, Alchemy is required for the mystic branch anyway and the Alchemist career is really easy to master.

By samoht04

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:34 AM »
today i had one of my extra sims mostly unattended with various gems in his inventory. after being left alone for a while he would autonomously go to the gem cutting machine and try to cut non-tiberium gems into spire cuts, resulting in tiberium dust. i haven't seen or heard of this happening before, i guess it's from the latest patch?
anyway it was real nice, just a couple of days into my dynasty i had 12 large tiberiums grown.

i had my husband consign them at the elixir shop, but then right after that he burnt to death, and i never got paid for all those tiberium  :'( :'( :'( :'(
i had to send my dogs out for more and also use the genie to build my mansion

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »
Out of curiosity, does anyone have experience or thoughts on gardening with Seasons while not using a greenhouse?  I'm worried that it might screw up my dynasty.  I do have Supernatural and its pots, but I'm not sure how much that'll help.

Should I just turn off winter, or will I be okay?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
As long as the pots are indoors, you can plant non-trees in them.

Anyways, you don't even need indoor planters or the Greenhouse set from the Store in order to have a greenhouse. All you need is an empty room and MoveObjects on to move plants in there. It's a lot less clunky than using the indoor planters.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Pro Tip: 

Read the Story Rules.    If you fail your dynasty or just don't play it anymore, put the word "graveyard" in your title on the first post.   Or if you finish, don't hesitate to add completed or finished to the title.

This helps bring attention to your stories so that moderators won't miss the needed action until they come across it days or weeks later as life allows us to actually read the story boards.

I also don't mind if anyone ever PM me, but I'm sure most of you know that already. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #389 on: March 10, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Cant wait to see the University-modified challenge rules!

And In my opinion, it would be great if the challenge rules imposed something more for each specific expansion pack.
e.g. Pets
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

anything