Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243050 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
Cant wait to see the University-modified challenge rules!

And IMO, it would be great if the challenge rules imposed something more for each specific expansion pack.
e.g. Pets

Please spell out IMO in your post please.  We don't use acronyms on the forum because someone may not know what they mean.  Even if it's an internet standard or texting standard acronym - all words must be spelled out if possible for those members who don't speak english and have to translate what you say.

As for the other part - what do you mean?   The dynasties are for everyone to play and we very rarely restrict gameplay unless it goes against the spirit of the challenge.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »
Please spell out IMO in your post please.  We don't use acronyms on the forum because someone may not know what they mean.  Even if it's an internet standard or texting standard acronym - all words must be spelled out if possible for those members who don't speak english and have to translate what you say.

As for the other part - what do you mean?   The dynasties are for everyone to play and we very rarely restrict gameplay unless it goes against the spirit of the challenge.

Okie I editted it.

I was meaning an updated set of requirements for each expansion. For example, if playing with Pets expansion pack, have one pet per generation or something like that.   
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
Okie I editted it.

I was meaning an updated set of requirements for each expansion. For example, if playing with Pets expansion pack, have one pet per generation or something like that.

The rules are always up to date with every expansion but the spirit of the challenge is the same no matter how many expansions you have.  Simplicity is always the best policy and adding extra rules just because you have extra expansions would make the rules a mile long and unneccessary.   Not to mention - we want anyone to be able to do a dynasty so the rules stay linear for all of the expansions so that it's the same dynasty.   Why should people who have more expansions have more requirements just because they bought more of the game packs?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
Use of a dresser is now allowed on days other than birthdays.   However(!), it is recommended that you check a Sim's age and write it down before sending them to make sure that you don't get the real bug and not just the temporary one.  If you do get a real bug, you have to contact the team immediately - have it written down what the Sim's age was so we can help you figure out how to proceed.  Double check that it's the real thing by saving, exiting the game and then reloading it. 

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
Not sure where the appropriate place to post this is, but this is my roughdraft plan for my dynasty. I have all EPs including UL so I'll be waiting till those rules are posted before I start this, but I was wondering if any of you guys wouldn't mind giving me feedback on this!

Spreadsheet here

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
You're missing sections for the best friends, blackops, unique building/property.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
@Niana, personally I would give your gardener/cook the culinary librarian LTW since you'll only need to have level 5 or 6 to pull it off, and then save the swimming in cash LTW as a reserve. Then again, it's a moot point if you're bringing in Agnes on the first day since it's worth more points than culinary librarian, and just use culinary librarian as a reserve LTW since you're not supermaxing cooking. So...never mind. :]

I would strongly consider leaving the prepared traveler and entrepreneurial mindset LTRs as open for all - prepared traveler will net you 3 extra days per sim with the LTR, and entrepreneurial mindset will help both your ghost hunter and firefighter. Maybe replace the prepared traveler with no bills ever for gen. 2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
Niana - Pam had a spreadsheet that's linked into the rules if you want to use that, too.  I also wanted to point out that Mixology doesn't require Bars as mentioned in this thread and the ID thread.   

Check out this page right here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mixology

Also I found Riding very doable as it only needs a 40 x 40 lot that can be placed in many locations or use one of the ones next to Christopher Steel's house.

What expansions do you have because some of the higher LTHP LTRs can be bought several times by some of your first immortals so your family can get them over and over and it will remain unique.   Example: Moodlet Manager, Food Replicator, Teleporter.     They cost a lot but you'll have way too much LTHP over time for the first four immortals in the end.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
Wow, thanks, you guys are quick! :)

You're missing sections for the best friends, blackops, unique building/property.
This is just planning, so there's no way I can plan best friends or blackops in advance :) I'll have that when I start playing for real though!

@Niana, personally I would give your gardener/cook the culinary librarian LTW since you'll only need to have level 5 or 6 to pull it off, and then save the swimming in cash LTW as a reserve. Then again, it's a moot point if you're bringing in Agnes on the first day since it's worth more points than culinary librarian, and just use culinary librarian as a reserve LTW since you're not supermaxing cooking. So...never mind. :]

I would strongly consider leaving the prepared traveler and entrepreneurial mindset LTRs as open for all - prepared traveler will net you 3 extra days per sim with the LTR, and entrepreneurial mindset will help both your ghost hunter and firefighter. Maybe replace the prepared traveler with no bills ever for gen. 2.

Thank you! I'll make the swaps - I probably will bring Agnes in, but I'm doing that LTW so early that Sim will probably have LTH coming out his ears, so I'm all for an easy-completion LTW. I'm not the most patient person, so having to re-do a dynasty over and over would drive me crazy (makes for some amazing stories to read on the board, but not for me :P)

Niana - Pam had a spreadsheet that's linked into the rules if you want to use that, too.  I also wanted to point out that Mixology doesn't require Bars as mentioned in this thread and the ID thread.   

Check out this page right here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mixology

Also I found Riding very doable as it only needs a 40 x 40 lot that can be placed in many locations or use one of the ones next to Christopher Steel's house.

What expansions do you have because some of the higher LTHP LTRs can be bought several times by some of your first immortals so your family can get them over and over and it will remain unique.   Example: Moodlet Manager, Food Replicator, Teleporter.     They cost a lot but you'll have way too much LTHP over time for the first four immortals in the end.

I have all the EPs up to UL , so those LTRs are definite options - I was just debating whether to make them unique or not, so any of my Sims that accumulate that many points could buy them? What do you think?

I've never done riding past a few skill points and mixology not at all, so I was tempted to put them in as more unusual gameplay for me. How easy are they to supermax? And I didn't quite understand the whole talk about which lots to buy/use for mixology...?

Edit: I get that certain drinks are available only on certain lots, but there seem to be so many possible combinations. So would I have made sure that one of my previous immortals buy one of each kind and stick a LN bar in it, so my mixology immortal can go learn?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
Any Sim in your house could buy the replicator whether it was Agnes or an immortal but if an immortal buys it then you can just have the immortal buy it over and over if you need more than one.  I did that for genie lamps.  One immortal bought lots of genie lamps but the whole house used them.  My founder bought moodlet managers or you could give motive mobiles so everyone has one to drive. 

The mixology thing is basically where those lots will give you drinks that you can use.  If you make your mixologist your last immortal, your unique buildings for the previous 7 could be some of the lot types mentioned in the article. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »
Edit: I get that certain drinks are available only on certain lots, but there seem to be so many possible combinations. So would I have made sure that one of my previous immortals buy one of each kind and stick a LN bar in it, so my mixology immortal can go learn?

I think you misunderstand. You don't have to put a bar in, as in a venue, you must put in the Buy Mode object of a professional bar (either the Dive or Duke edition) on that lot. If you got that, good. Just making sure.

A few pages back there was a discussion about SuperMaxing Mixology. My post here includes a spreadsheet detailing where you can find all the drinks. Same information as the link from Rica, but organized by lot. Two posts down from that, Deme spells out which lots you would need to SuperMax. Take a look.

By samoht04

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #401 on: March 11, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »
To be fair, it's not that they're needed for the supermax...It's just a combination I considered relatively efficient when I looked over the different unique drinks. There are definitely other combinations.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #402 on: March 11, 2013, 08:06:58 PM »
Thanks guys! By that point, if I picked the wrong lots and I can't get enough to make the entire 42, I'll probably have enough cash to buy another lot and stick a bar on it. That's an awesome spreadsheet, thanks so much!!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »
You are very welcome :)

By samoht04

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2013, 02:30:06 AM »
A couple of things I'm a fan of doing to make dealing with the elders more bearable, and by bearable I mean not screw up the dynasty while I alt tab and do something else with the game speed at max.

-Give them all Couch Potato so that they'll autonomously watch TV 24/7. In my non-HoF dynasty that I finished anyway, only two immortals did not have Couch Potato (Gen 4 and Gen 7)
-Buy them cheap beds with low energy so that they'll stay asleep longer. Do not buy meditative trance sleep on anyone.
-Do not claim cooking as a supermax. This way, non-immortals can cook their own meals as much as they want. If you really want cooking as a supermax, make a kitchen that only your immortal can enter and put a second fridge somewhere else.
-Buy steel bladder on everyone.
-If you have a witch or someone skilled in handiness, make everything unbreakable, especially the TV.
-Hire a maid.

anything