Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240897 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #630 on: October 15, 2013, 01:22:17 PM »
Simple: have a fridge that is unlocked. The fridges in a house are connected, so any leftovers that are put in one fridge are accessible from any fridge on the lot.

So how do you keep them from getting the ambrosia and life fruit then?
- Jessica

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2013, 02:37:07 PM »
So how do you keep them from getting the ambrosia and life fruit then?

Store the life fruit in an alchemy cabinet or chest and keep the ambrosia in a replicator. Never put it in the fridge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #632 on: October 15, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
Also, if you have bought one Replicator, you can clone one for 10,000 simoleons in build/buy. This isgood when your family is rich enough to not care about money!

Be careful dynasty players, this is not dynasty HOF legal.  If you don't care about your HOF status, you can clone away.

SimBlip

« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
Be careful dynasty players, this is not dynasty HOF legal.  If you don't care about your HOF status, you can clone away.

LOL! It was just too good to be true!
You're first instincts were right, Trip. Not "dynasty-legal" :)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »
Just for curiosity's sake, I attempted to clone my replicator - it doesn't let me. So I'm not sure why that is...

Also, anyone have suggestions as to where to keep ambrosia ingredients, death flowers and the like in base game? I can't drag the fish onto the floor, and pulling out the life fruit to place on the ground is tedious. Ideas?

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »
Store the life fruit in an alchemy cabinet or chest and keep the ambrosia in a replicator. Never put it in the fridge!

*facepalm* I had a blonde moment :) Thanks
- Jessica

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
Also, anyone have suggestions as to where to keep ambrosia ingredients, death flowers and the like in base game? I can't drag the fish onto the floor, and pulling out the life fruit to place on the ground is tedious. Ideas?

I don't have any ideas if it's relating to death flowers or life fruits in the base game. But, you can always creating a room with locked door.

For death fishes you can store them in aquarium or fish bowls. Or, you can just throw them to the pond that you create in home, if you don't mind to do some fishing :)

“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2013, 12:37:56 PM »
Thanks, Eld! I've been sticking it all in a basement for now, but it's getting cluttered, so I was hoping for a better solution.

I didn't want to keep training up a fishersim, but the aquarium is a good idea - not sure if one comes with the base game, though, I should check. It's actually tougher than I thought without all my usual shortcuts, and so few skills meaning I can't let my potential immortals max more than one.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #638 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
I didn't want to keep training up a fishersim, but the aquarium is a good idea - not sure if one comes with the base game, though, I should check.

There isn't an aquarium with the base game but there is a fish bowl where you can put a single fish. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
Just for curiosity's sake, I attempted to clone my replicator - it doesn't let me. So I'm not sure why that is...

I left all of my ambrosia ingredients in a chest I bought from China - World Adventures.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »
Thanks, guys! I think I'm just going to have to be extra vigilant till I get my first immortal, and then I can put everything into her inventory.

Azokka - I'm trying to see if I can do this with just base game, but yea, the WA chests and hrs alchemy cabinet are awesome :) I'm used to playing with all the EPs and there's so much content I find myself missing when I play this file.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #641 on: October 19, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
I'm posting this because I realize that one day I'll want to post my dynasty, where my founder supermaxed cooking, and someone's going to ask "hold up, how did you complete all of those foreign recipe ops?"

Simple, really. Buy all the recipes from the bookstore that you can. Every time your sim levels up in cooking, take some time out of your sim's day to read recipe books up to that level. Once they know all the regular recipes that they possibly can, make sure they  talk to every natural cook in the culinary career and trade kitchen secrets. You can do it once a day per person, which can mean up to three or maybe even more recipes depending on what town you're in (My experience with this lies solely in Twinbrook, where you have three potential recipe givers, two of whom live right near the dynasty lot). If they know every regular recipe for their level, the only thing left to learn from others are foreign recipes. And bam! Nigh-guaranteed falafel, crepes, and whatnot when you need it.

I'm probably not the first person to think of this. :P And its usefulness is pretty much limited to founders. When I had a cook for the second generation in a dynasty, he bought foreign recipes the old-fashioned way.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #642 on: October 19, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
It's true what Trip says. I had my founder learning every recipe by just bugging around Emma and Jared shamelessly who working in Culinary Career and the good thing is trade kitchen secrets always free and more efficient than watching TV all day.

I don't have any tips for a moment, there's so many tips here and I bet everyone already know that. But, leveling up skills at library is not a bad idea either. You can find many skills book that you need there, I had my Sims there and they're leveling up their skill pretty quick. And of course you can get 'em for free :P

It’s really helpful when you have a dynasty with a financial problem :P
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #643 on: October 23, 2013, 04:19:17 AM »
Hello.am doing my Immortal Dynasty and i found that the hardest part of it that it requires a long time.
I don`t know if its discussed before ,but if you want to press the ultra speed button while your Sim is skilling  .but you are worried  that immortals will Supermax other skills or do something stupid  . you can let them use  the ZAP option of moodlet manager and they`ll fall a sleep .and you can  purchase cheap beds so they`ll sleep for a longer time.I found it soo helpful and I`ve passed lots of days by using it .
Thanks.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #644 on: October 25, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »
I actually just get my useless sims to bed early and drag out the action for them to sleep until six, and that works regardless of how bad or nice their beds are.

One thing I did was deliberately not give my founder the Natural Cook trait, even though her supermax is cooking. It's because I don't want to risk the cooking channel being turned on, and I'm too nice to give my sims a crappy TV that doesn't have skilling channels. Some skilling traits are worth it, but to me, Natural Cook would just take up a slot I can use for something better. Even without the trait, my founder stopped burning food pretty early on and supermaxing cooking was still pretty easy. And all she wants to watch is the news.

But traits that are useful for a founder, regardless of career/supermax? Schmoozer and Inappropriate. Schmoozer allows for quicker promotions (you can successfully ask your boss for a promotion with less job progress if you're a Schmoozer) and gives a host of nice interactions to praise and flatter anyone you need to befriend, and Inappropriate allows you to use other sims' beds/kitchens/showers/etc. without consequences. My founder basically lived in her boyfriend's mansion for a week until she moved him in and then got enough money for her own mansion. And she raised her cooking skill by cooking him pancakes every morning. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything