Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422824 times)

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Something of a Surprise
« Reply #1125 on: July 25, 2013, 10:10:02 AM »
We is it that time seems to go by so slow when you want it to go by so fast?
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1126 on: July 25, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »
"Code Pants" is where I lost it.

Ilene turned out to be a total knock-out, which was to be expected.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1127 on: July 25, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »
Pete is pretty much the most awesome knight in shining armor character.  "Oh sure, I'll wait 50 years for you while you and your family are locked in your own basement." 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1128 on: July 25, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »
Awwwww!  That is just too set!  Can't believe you're so close to finishing!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1129 on: July 26, 2013, 03:48:44 AM »
I read "We Found Love in a Hopeless Lamp", started laughing hysterically, and now it hurts to breathe. If I can convince my friend to pretend to be a lawyer, you'll be hearing from her.  ;)
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1130 on: July 26, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
Oh, she's writing! My mind went towards nectar-making, but it makes sense like this, too.

Yeah, you're pretty much right on with "squicky," though I'm not sure what it's a combination of, either.

Not nectar-making, NEVER nectar-making. Shudder. It terrifies me.

Apparently, squeamish and icky!

Squick.

That's sweet that she gets to see him occasionally. I love her YA wardrobe. She is all Elysi for sure.

Well, that clears up a few questions.

I know, I'm a sucker for romance  :) . I'm so happy she hasn't gone generic-townie!

Great update. I like the Harry Potter reference. The Elysis are so close to finishing the immortal dynasty. Looking for next amazing update.

Thanks! Don't we all love a good Harry Potter reference?

We is it that time seems to go by so slow when you want it to go by so fast?

I believe it's Einstein's theory of relativity.

"Code Pants" is where I lost it.

Ilene turned out to be a total knock-out, which was to be expected.

Mwahahahahahaha.

She really is! I think she might be my favorite--which we all say about all of them.

Pete is pretty much the most awesome knight in shining armor character.  "Oh sure, I'll wait 50 years for you while you and your family are locked in your own basement." 

I know, I thought he would perfect that way, since IA likes to imagine that she's a princess. It's a perfect love story!

Awwwww!  That is just too sweet!  Can't believe you're so close to finishing!

Well, I already finished  ;) . But no congratulations whatsoever--I want my perfect epic ending!

I read "We Found Love in a Hopeless Lamp", started laughing hysterically, and now it hurts to breathe. If I can convince my friend to pretend to be a lawyer, you'll be hearing from her.  ;)

Thank you, thank you, I was particularly proud of that one *bows*. I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared by that.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/26
« Reply #1131 on: July 26, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
Chapter 126 - Keeping Busy

Grandpa sculpted me in my wedding dress, to go in the hall with all the other sculptures. The entire time, I was imagining how my wedding would have been--Pete in hiiisi suit, me in my dress, Mother crying in the front row and Grandma at her side.

We all have our ways of keeping busy. At first, I tried to keep my mind active by studying different skills, like Social Networking, until I had mastered it and had nothing to do but watch TV.

Serena practices her magic, often inadvertently casting love spells on herself, so that she has to eat her Ambrosia separate from the other immortals before something really bad happens.

Nicholas either talks to no one or stares into space.

Bree rocks, but she does it with a smile on her face. To anyone watching, she must seem crazy, but somehow I think she's the most together of all the immortals. She's waiting, just like me.

Kara keeps in touch with all of her friends, and spends most of the day chatting with them.

Iris Bianca has taken up some sort of yoga-spiritual-thing.

Grandma also talks to nothing, but she does it in a cheerful way.

Mother watches old romantic movies--a little self-destructive, you ask me, but . . .

She celebrated her elder birthday one day, very early in the morning. We all age up at midnight, these days. They say that when they were younger there were birthday parties, but that was all over by the time I was born.

I think she's a lovely elder, which, of course, she disagrees on, but I think she's just going through the same phase that has been present for years. And I try to be patient, because I also know that the phase won't end until the dynasty does.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Keeping Busy
« Reply #1132 on: July 26, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »
They need to give Liya permission to go topside and have "visitors" to cheer her up.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Keeping Busy
« Reply #1133 on: July 26, 2013, 05:12:19 PM »
Liya is a beautiful-looking elder!  Wish my Sims looked that good as elders.  Can't wait to see how this all ends!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/26
« Reply #1134 on: July 26, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
Chapter 127 - Second Chance

"I just feel like I've messed up everything in my life," I said softly, as the face in the mirror scrutinized me with dark eyes.

"Like what?"

"My parents--I was so mad at Mom for going underground that I ignored her for the rest of our lives, until it was too late to matter."

"She understands," the face answered gently, "and you know, now, that it wasn't her choice. She was too close to telling you what you had to figure out for yourself. What else?"

"Stephen. I was in love with him, and I betrayed him over and over. I tricked him, and I laughed at him, and it was only when he died--that's when I realized that there was no one to replace him in my life. Not Hasan, or Lionel, or Dave. He's the one I want to be with."

"That's the curse of the seventh generation, Liya. It just hit you worse than it hits most dynasty girls. If you had been free to marry Stephen, you would have married him, and then you wouldn't be going through this."

"Well, what about my daughter?" I almost shouted. "I have neglected her, and left her alone, and now she'll always remember me as the mother who wasn't there."

The face actually snorted at this, and at the sight of my expression it laughed even harder. "Nataliya, love, that's your problem. You've made mistakes in life, and maybe they were even worse than the mistakes that everyone make. But you're immortal! You say that you only realize these things when it's too late to matter, but it is never too late!"

"Let me tell you something, Nataliya Elysi. I know your daughter as a sister. I know that she understands how you feel, and that she has forgiven you already. I know that she knows that you wish you hadn't made her be the parent."

"Does that matter?"

"Of course it is! You deserve a second chance, and you'll have your second chance. Do yourself a favor, and go look at the wall. Right side. Try to see who else deserves a second chance, then help them out."

Closing the door behind me, I slowly walked down the hall. My footsteps echoed eerily on the marble as I took one step after another. First, I saw a woman wearing pink--just like me. She doesn't look particularly happy or sad, but something tells me that it isn't her.

It's the next one that makes me stop and look--a young man with red hair and an easy grin. To anyone else, he would look like the happiest person in the world.

But there is something else in his smile, a sort of sorrowful guilt. And I know, in an instant, that he was like me. Stepping closer, I read the name on one of the certificates: Alexander Crumplebottom. And I know that, at the end of this, Stephen will give me a second chance, and I will find a way to give Alexander a fresh start. The girl before him is pretty--perhaps I'll be playing matchmaker.

I enter the Ambrosia room with a new lightness in my heart. I feel almost like I'm floating--as if the guilt has been weighing me down all this time, and now that it is gone I'm dancing on air. I have no regrets as I sit down to take the first bite of Ambrosia. Almost immediately, I am transported.

For the first time in years, I feel my parents' arms around me, throwing me up in the air and catching me, then cradling me close. The sound of my little xylophone, the soft fur of my teddy bear--and, as I grow older, water splashing against my face on the water-slide, ice cream melting in my mouth, pie on my mouth and nose and face, the excitement of my first scientific discovery, an excitement that only grew with time, kissing Stephen for the first time . . .

. . . holding Ilene Azokka in my arms during the day and Stephen at night, then beginning to stray--first with Lionel, then Hasan. Trying to be a good mother, and succeeding for a while, then failing all over again. Juggling the three men while flirting with everyone else, forgetting to eat or sleep as I bury myself in work . . .

Dropping my fork, I start to push back my chair. I don't want to relive this, or think about it--

Suddenly, I remember Ilene Azokka being born. The wonderful joy and energy that flooded my soul, condensing into a daughter who I can hardly believe is mine. I feel this again, only now the colors don't leave me--instead, they surround me in a cocoon of light.

My name is Nataliya Elysi. I have made many mistakes in my life. I have learned from them, and I will begin again.

My tattoo is a pink heart, tied with a black ribbon.

Once upon a time, when I was shiny and new, I was the light of my parents' life--and I knew it. We spent every moment of every day together, and when I cried at night they were right behind the door, ready to rush in. Even when I was older, they were always ready to drop everything and come play with me. We had water-balloon fights, pie-eating contests, water-slide competitions . . . I was never lonely or scared.

Then, as a teenager, I started embracing solitude--seeking it, even. I gave my parents permission to spend time alone, with Dad getting older and older, I devoted my life to science until science held no more meaning for me, at which point I transferred my attention to Stephen. As a young adult, I made Stephen fall in love with me, gave birth to Ilene Azokka, then used Stephen's love against him--he trusted me so easily that I had affair after affair. I tried to be a good mother to Ilene, and I must have succeeded at some point, considering what a wonderful young woman she became.

In adulthood, things only declined. Stephen started to fade away as just another guy I was seeing, then he actually passed away. I did nothing but work, and work, and work--I became a Power Broker, and felt nothing. I finished all of my requirements, and I felt nothing. It was almost a relief to be exiled to the basement, where you were not only allowed but expected to feel nothing. All of that remained until this moment, when I suddenly realize that I do have hope.

My name is Nataliya Elysi, and I am the Seventh Immortal.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/26
« Reply #1135 on: July 26, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
The Seventh Immortal

Immortal 7 - Nataliya Elysi
Traits - Workaholic, Perceptive, Friendly, Charismatic, Flirty, Excitable
Likes - Pink
Unique LTW - CEO of a Mega-Corporation
3 Unique LTRs - Observant, Attractive, Eye Candy
Career - Business
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Science
Other Skills - Charisma
6 Black Ops - Pile of Permission Slips, Outside Reading, The Wright Opinion, Broadway Cameo, A Charming Experiment, Merging Towards Overtime
6 Unique Best Friends - Raymond Early, Allen Battle, Hasan Varney, Bill Moody, Lionel Ursine, Ilene Azokka Elysi
Owned Building - Nataliya Memorial Stadium
Owned Property - Sunset Institute of Modern Art
Toddler Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Child Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Teen Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
YA Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Adult Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Elder Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Seventh Immortal
« Reply #1136 on: July 26, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
Lovely update.  I think I like her more because she is so genuinely flawed.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1137 on: July 26, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »
My goodness, this is absolutely the best ambrosia chapter yet. Which, according to the pattern, will make Ilene Azokka's even better, but I have trouble seeing how that could happen. Between the talk of regret, second chances, and Liya's new tattoo, this was just perfect.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1138 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »
Wow!  Just wow!  That was amazing.  Sill don't know how you manage to make each ambrosia chapter even better than the last.

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
« Reply #1139 on: July 26, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »
Yay Nataliya. Yet another successful ambrosia chapter. But, there's only one left :'(
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

anything