Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422596 times)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Seventh Immortal
« Reply #1140 on: July 26, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
Great update. Congratulations on your 7th immortal. Only 1 to complete this dynasty. *getting excited*. Hurrah to Azzoka for gaining such amazing feat. Can't wait to see the completion of this dynasty.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1141 on: July 26, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
I can't believe that this dynasty is drawing to a close. You've endured so much and very nearly lost these guys, and now to see that you are merely one immortal away from success is just awesome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1142 on: July 27, 2013, 01:00:01 AM »
Congratulations on Nataliya becoming immortal! Seven down, one to go.  I loved Jerry's athletic wear, it was all ripped :)
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1143 on: July 27, 2013, 01:12:16 AM »
You managed to charm me into at least liking my least favorite Elysi at the last moment. I both resent and applaud you.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: July 27, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »

I love Nataliya's ambrosia room, and I look forward to her making a fresh start once the dynasty is over.  :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: July 27, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
Lovely update.  I think I like her more because she is so genuinely flawed.

That's why I like her, too. Everyone else ended up being super together and perfect, but Nataliya is flawed and she knows it.

My goodness, this is absolutely the best ambrosia chapter yet. Which, according to the pattern, will make Ilene Azokka's even better, but I have trouble seeing how that could happen. Between the talk of regret, second chances, and Liya's new tattoo, this was just perfect.

I think it was my favorite ambrosia chapter, too. Which is saying something, because I really love writing ambrosia chapters. Thanks!

Wow!  Just wow!  That was amazing.  Still don't know how you manage to make each ambrosia chapter even better than the last.

Thank you, thank you  :) . I think they're all at the same level, it's just that as we become familiar with the new immortal we find their struggles and thoughts more compelling.

Yay Nataliya. Yet another successful ambrosia chapter. But, there's only one left :'(

Aw, don't be sad! This is a good thing! Besides, I promise that the epilogue(s) will be worth it.

Great update. Congratulations on your 7th immortal. Only 1 to complete this dynasty. *getting excited*. Hurrah to Azzoka for gaining such amazing feat. Can't wait to see the completion of this dynasty.:)

That's right, just one left! *happy dance, happy dance*

I can't believe that this dynasty is drawing to a close. You've endured so much and very nearly lost these guys, and now to see that you are merely one immortal away from success is just awesome!

I know, isn't it exciiiiiiting? I mean, I thought the dynasty was over twice! And now it is over--but in a good way! Hehehehe--I think I've gone quite insane.

Congratulations on Nataliya becoming immortal! Seven down, one to go.  I loved Jerry's athletic wear, it was all ripped :)

Confession: When I have a male sim who likes green, I just use that shirt. And, for the record, it was sleepwear, which I remember because I made him really epic athletic wear using Bree's sports uniform. And that's not a weird thing for me to remember.

You managed to charm me into at least liking my least favorite Elysi at the last moment. I both resent and applaud you.

If I didn't make you at least like her, I wouldn't be doing my job  ;) .

I love Nataliya's ambrosia room, and I look forward to her making a fresh start once the dynasty is over.  :)

So am I! I haven't played through it yet, but I'm very excited for it.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/27
« Reply #1146 on: July 27, 2013, 05:25:12 PM »
Chapter 128 - What to Wish For

I watch a lot of TV. I'm something of a couch potato, so I sometimes shirk things like eating and rocking to watch TV.

The Watcher took away my TV because I wasn't rocking enough. Not to mention the fact that Thana likes making my life miserable. It's a certain, unusual dynamic we have.

When I'm not rocking or going to the bathroom, I try imagining things--but there's only so much you can imagine in a tiny white room with a chair, shower, toilet, fridge, and rocking chair. I sometimes try being Cinderella. There's only so many times you can clean a bathtub.

After being alive since the first generation of the dynasty, Lionel Ursine died. In case you can't remember (which is completely understandable), he was the son of Alexander Crumplebottom and Anne Ursine. Apparently, he was pretty cute when he was younger, but his sister, JoAnna, was the real gem of the Ursine family.

Days and nights passed in a monotonous daze, until one day a table and cake appeared in my room. I blew out the candles at the stroke of midnight.

I don't feel very different at all. I have just noticed that, although my eyes are dark brown, they look purple when I wear purple eyeliner. I wonder what would happen if I had differently colored eyeliner?

My first trip to the surface in years was for my Adult museum items. I complied, of course, and even posed for three sculptures instead of two. At the same time, I had a (shhh) secret mission.

Success! I returned to the basement with every book from the living room bookshelf in my inventory. We've been storing up books since the first generation, so I should be kept occupied for a while.

The Watcher took my books away, but at least I have something else even better than reading (if such a thing were possible) to keep me busy for the day.

Pete has a job as a Stylist, just like Stephen. It means that it's difficult for him to come over, but at least he's easy to track down.

Once the Salon closed, we walked down to Maywood Glen, together, and I kissed my boyfriend for the first time in--how long? Fifteen years, at least, give or take a few.

But then, just as I was the happiest I had been in a very long time--Pete carefully disengaged himself and pulled away.

"Pete? What's--"

"Look," he said uncomfortably, "it's really great to see you and everything, but Arnuflo's birthday is today and--well, he's my kid brother."

"No, today isn't Arnuflo's birthday," I answered, frowning thoughtfully. "I remember that he invited me to his birthday party a few weeks ago, and of course I couldn't come, but . . ."

"Anyway, I just have to go."

With that, he awkwardly released my hand and ran off towards the road, leaving me standing alone in the dark. Despite myself, I felt a tear trickle down my face, followed by another, then a third. I angrily wiped them away. "No," I muttered, "I will not be the damsel in distress!" And I started walking.

I drifted silently through the little grove of trees, my bare feet barely making a sound on the soft grass, until grass gave way to sand and I found myself standing on the beach, gazing out over the ocean. I have always loved the ocean, and now it reflects the stars in its mirror-like surface. Perhaps if I look into the ocean, it will show me my soul.

(Author's Note: So sorry, hate to interrupt the moment, but this is my favorite picture of anything. Ever.)

"I read the books," came a quiet voice from behind me. "Every time you published something new, I went out and bought it, then read it cover-to-cover. Towards the end, I practically lived at the bookstore. I would sleep on the bench outside until it opened."

I processed silently for a moment, then spoke. "Are you cheating on me?"

"No!" Pete answered in alarm. "Why would you--"

"You don't want to see me, you 'just had to go,' and you won't make eye contact with me."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm not. It's just that . . ." he glanced down at the sand "I have a life, you know. A job, a family, friends--and you're just not in it. I would like to have you in my life all the time, but I've adjusted to knowing that isn't possible. And now you just show up and expect that everything up here has been paused while you were gone?"

"Are you saying that you want to break up? Because if you do, I--"

Before I could finish talking, Pete kissed me. "No, of course not," he said gently. "I love you, and I know I said that I could wait--and I can. I really, truly can. It's just harder than I expected."

We danced at the coffee shop, until I suddenly blurted out--"You grew out your hair!"

"Having a birthday will do that to a townie," he laughed. "Don't worry, I'll cut it for you on our wedding day."

As the late night shifted to early morning, I heard the tolling of the bell. My dress would transform to rags any second now. "I should go, now, before I'm driving  home in a pumpkin."

He just smiled. "I'll be waiting--even if it is hard."

"The pain only makes the end sweeter."

Twenty-one years passed. I rocked, and ate, and rocked some more. For a few years, towards the end, I took a page out of Grandpa's book and "embraced nature," which was . . . interesting, to say the least. Somewhat liberating, which is all I could ask for in a basement.

Meanwhile, paparazzi passed away by the dozen. The graves were stored in Bree's inventory, and once a week she visited the graveyard to place them in the mausoleum.

Finally, after what seemed eternity, I stood in front of my birthday cake with a heavy, but hopeful, heart.

What to wish for . . . Everything I had ever wanted was about to happen.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - What to Wish For
« Reply #1147 on: July 27, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
Arrrgh!!! Always a Cliff Hanger with you!  >:( :)
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1148 on: July 27, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
Great update. Happy:D Birthday to Illene. Yay, only few days remaining  to complete the dynasty. I am getting excited. Can't wait to see the completion of the dynasty.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1149 on: July 27, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
I really like Pete.  The fact that he admits how hard things are make him all the more human.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1150 on: July 28, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
Poor Ilene. It must be so boring to spend 25 years in a cell and only see your boyfriend every few years. I can't wait to see Ilene as an elder.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1151 on: July 28, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »
Arrrgh!!! Always a Cliff Hanger with you!  >:( :)

In my defense, it actually was the picture limit this time.

Great update. Happy:D Birthday to Illene. Yay, only few days remaining  to complete the dynasty. I am getting excited. Can't wait to see the completion of the dynasty.

One more day, to be exact  ;D .

I really like Pete.  The fact that he admits how hard things are make him all the more human.

Good! I was worried that it would ruin his "knight in shining armor" image, but it makes me like him more, too.

Poor Ilene. It must be so boring to spend 25 years in a cell and only see your boyfriend every few years. I can't wait to see Ilene as an elder.

Do you know how boring it might be for the Watcher? Hmph!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/28
« Reply #1152 on: July 28, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »
Chapter 129 - Angel's Wings

I can hardly believe that I'm an elder. Wasn't it yesterday that I was kissing Pete goodbye? My head knows that it has been 50 years, but my heart feels so young that it can't be true.

I only made myself an Everyday outfit--I won't really need anything more.

Now I rock anxiously in my cell as Kara and Nicholas finish my museum pieces. But, eventually, the fast rocking slows to a gentle, quiet wave. I have no reason to be nervous, anxious, or even apprehensive. This is what I have waited all my life for.

And so I am almost cheerful when Kara pages me, Code Complete. As I teleport up to the Ambrosia room, I begin to feel a rush of joy and--triumph.

I learned the pattern of buttons to replicate Ambrosia long ago, and sparkles begin to fizz and condense into a plate of Ambrosia. In my research, I have seen thousands of pictures of the mysterious food, but nothing quite compares to the real thing. Slowly, I reach in and remove the plate from the white replicator, turned pink by my mother's pink torch.

For the others, the Ambrosia arose emotions that transported them to the very beginning of their lives, so that they experienced all of the touch, taste, sight, smell, and sounds of the many years. I am different from the others. It all goes by in a rush, almost nothing more than a dancing rainbow.

There is my Mother, in the rare moments where she is happy, looking down at me like I'm the only good part of her life. Here is the spray of the ocean water against our faces as we speed around in her boat. The soft sand cushioning me beneath the blanket. Then Pete--Pete is everywhere, laughing, talking, kissing, promising that he will be there for me forever.

But, most of all, I see the ocean. The silver mist against silver water, so that sky is indistinguishable from waves. Enormous walls of water smashing on the rocks, causing sprays of droplets to fly into the air. The ocean that is soothing, yet tempestuous and thrilling.

There has always been a part of me that I could not understand. Something otherworldly and mysterious. Now, as the colors bloom around me, I can feel that part seeping out of my skin, joining with the rainbow surrounding me.

Week 51, Day 5, 7:12 A.M.

Suddenly, the colors are gone. I am changed. I am Immortal. And, finally, I am free.

My tattoo is of angel's wings.

We all come up to take our picture before it's time to leave.

Aaaaaand . . . the ban on congratulations has been lifted  ;) .

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Complete
« Reply #1153 on: July 28, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
Please move to Completed Dynasty board.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Complete
« Reply #1154 on: July 28, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  *confetti rains down*  It is so wonderful to see you completed it, though I have to say, it's very bittersweet as well.  Now what am I gonna read?  ;)

anything