Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 424245 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
6/22
« Reply #1110 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:24 AM »
Chapter 124 - Firefly

I feel pretty . . . oh so pretty . . .

Have you ever noticed how drop-dead gorgeous I am? Honestly, I feel like I've been glowing ever since I got up this morning. All of the light inside of me has migrated to the outside, and I looked in the mirror and saw someone absolutely beautiful. And pretty, and witty, and bright. And I pity, any girl who isn't me tonight. (Pete and I were watching Westside Story last night, if you were wondering.)

I was going to primp for my date with Pete at the festival, but why try to improve perfection? Oh, dear, now I sound like a snob, which I am not. I hope. I'm just all . . . glowy. Grandma would have said I was a firefly, and maybe she would be right. I suppose there's no reason to speculate about what's making me grin like an idiot every time I have ten seconds to myself.

After meeting up at the festival, Pete and I drove to the Port-a-Party Warehouse, where we just installed a hot tub. As the granddaughter of the owner, I felt obligated to test it out--make sure the water wasn't too cold. Pete was kind enough to assist me.

"Are you kids having fun?"

I shrieked, so shocked that I felt the hair on my neck stand straight up. "Mom! What--why--how--"

"Sorry for crashing your date, sweetheart." She winked at me, then fixed Pete with a death glare. "This is the boyfriend? He's . . . cute." I could clearly read the message in her eyes: I could snap you like a twig, and hid a grin. Before Stephen died, Mother would have been thrilled that I had a boyfriend. Now, she was the overprotective father who had it out for Pete. It was all kinds of adorable.

"Mother! What are you doing here?" I tried to keep my voice calm, glancing at Pete. He looked thoroughly intimidated, which is a common reaction in men until Mother turns on the charm.

"I'm actually on a date--Dave! Come meet my daughter!" She waved over a blonde man who, somehow, looked familiar. No, he couldn't be . . .

"Dad!" Pete half-shouted. "What the--and--if--does Mom--"

"Sh, shh, shhh . . ." I patted his shoulder soothingly as Dave Pimentel quickly disengaged from Mother. I myself was fighting the urge to strangle her--not only did she crash my date (which is the absolute worst thing a parent could do), she had to crash my date with my boyfriend's married father.

"You're married?" Mother looked at Dave, clearly impressed. "And you're on a date with me? That takes some serious guts."

"Oh, well, you know . . ." he shot an apologetic glance at Pete. "My wife and I have been stuck in a bit of a rut lately, thought maybe I should see someone else for a while . . ."

"Mom. Mom. MOM!"

"Don't worry, Ilene Azokka. You and your boyfriend might want to get out of the hot tub now." Because if there's one thing worse than your mother and her date (who happens to be the boyfriend's dad) crashing your date and getting in the hot tub with you, it's them making out in the hot tub where you are currently sitting! With your boyfriend! Whose father is making out with your mother!

"What does she mean, get out of the--

"Pete. Get out of the hot tub. Now."

Being experienced in these situations, I raced for the door. Pete, on the other hand, chose to be a martyr. "Dad, you are not going to Woohoo with my girlfriend's mom in a hot tub right in front of us! If you don't stop, right now, I'm going to tell Mom about this."

That drove Dave out of the hot tub quickly enough, and Mother decided to chat up Pete. "I know we've started out on the wrong foot, and it's great that you're dating Ilene Azokka--but just know that if you put one toe out of line I will chop off your--" The conversation only went downhill from there.

Once she felt Pete was sufficiently scarred, it was time to hit the town with Dave. At least, it would have been--

Except for the fact that three elderly people decided to die simultaneously. That's something of a mood-killer.

I doubt Mother really liked Dave, anyway. She prefers the old favorites, especially Hasan, who has moved up to Number One with Stephen's death.

The next day, Pete didn't show up at school. I did my very best to become a princess, or pirate, or elven warrior, with no luck. The only upside to being your average modern-day sim is the technology.

Me: Come over later?

Pete: Maybe. Babysitting right now, don't know when I'll be done.

Me: I'll check with M.

I came home to find Hasan strutting his way through the yard.

Me: Nvr mind. Be @ your house.

The plan was to spend the afternoon cuddling with Pete, but instead I found myself cuddling with his little brother, Arnuflo. Isn't he just the cutest little snugaboo in the world? I have to fight down the feelings that always come up when I see a baby--knowing that I won't be able to have one myself.

"Hey," Pete teased, "you're supposed to be dating me, not Arnuflo!"

"I can't help that he's so much cuter than you."

Little did I know that, long after I kissed Pete good night and went home, someone else was visiting the Pimentel household.

I was back the next morning, to say my goodbyes. It was the day before I became a young adult, and chances were that I wouldn't see Pete for a long time--perhaps never. Unlike the rest of my family, I would be exiled to the basement as a young adult, and I didn't know if I would ever be able to come back up.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Firefly
« Reply #1111 on: July 23, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »
0.0 Wow... talk about an awkward moment XD  I was torn between laughing my butt off and being horrified lol.  Laughing mostly won.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1112 on: July 23, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
Oh my gosh, such a nightmare! That''s the most horrifically awkward and embarrassing thing I could think of! You wrote it believably, which is quite the accomplishment. My goodness, that's the worst.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1113 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »
As Rosa phrased it to me before, that was "squicky."  Apparently Liya is holding auditions for Stephen's replacement?

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1114 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
Not sure I really like Nataliya...
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1115 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »
Yeah... of all the awkward embarassing things a parent could do, I think Nataliya's just taken the cake. With a tow-truck. On fire. With sprinkles.

Not entirely sure why I haven't commented earlier, to be honest, since I've been reading since Kara and Bianca. You've done such a great job with this story, truly! Can't wait to see what Ilene Azokka gets up to next.  :D

Offline molly4000

• Townie
  • I'm (finally) back!
« Reply #1116 on: July 23, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
Wow... Out of all the things a parent could do to a child, this is one of the worst. Poor Ilene :(. Why is she going in the basement so early? I also love how pretty Ilene looks in all those colors. I prefer not to post to much or else I would have commented on this before.
"May the odds be ever in your favor"-Effie Trinket

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1117 on: July 23, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
Yikes. That would have been embarassing. It's bad enough that Nataliya is dating half the men in town. I can't wait for the next update!
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline DarkPhilo

• Nooboo
« Reply #1118 on: July 24, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »
Long time reading, first time commenting. I love this story! It's all so well-written and interesting, and it's crazy to think it's all based on things you had little control over. Wish I'd shown up and started talking a lot sooner, but I'm excited to see how everything comes to a close.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #1119 on: July 24, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »

Gee . . . thanks, mom.

Pete's expression on the sofa was pretty adorable. Poor Ilene Azokka, being sent down to the basement. I take it you're at the point of locking everyone up and hitting the max speed button?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1120 on: July 25, 2013, 02:18:51 AM »
0.0 Wow... talk about an awkward moment XD  I was torn between laughing my butt off and being horrified lol.  Laughing mostly won.

I do love to make people laugh  ;D . Even more than I love making people cry. Guess which one I'm better at?

Oh my gosh, such a nightmare! That''s the most horrifically awkward and embarrassing thing I could think of! You wrote it believably, which is quite the accomplishment. My goodness, that's the worst.

Thanks! I've never been in a situation like that, so I hope I wrote it believable--oh, dear God, I hope I'm never in a situation like that.  :o

As Rosa phrased it to me before, that was "squicky."  Apparently Liya is holding auditions for Stephen's replacement?

I looked up squicky: No results found. I believe it's a combination if icky and . . . squicky?

Not sure I really like Nataliya...

Come now, she's just going through a phase. Or maybe she just feels the need to have at least three men at all times?

Yeah... of all the awkward embarassing things a parent could do, I think Nataliya's just taken the cake. With a tow-truck. On fire. With sprinkles.

Not entirely sure why I haven't commented earlier, to be honest, since I've been reading since Kara and Bianca. You've done such a great job with this story, truly! Can't wait to see what Ilene Azokka gets up to next.  :D

I'm imagining a fiery, sprinkled tow-truck using a big hook to lift a cake from a table.

Thanks ;D ! Sadly, she doesn't get up to much. Being trapped in a basement does that to a girl.

Wow... Out of all the things a parent could do to a child, this is one of the worst. Poor Ilene :(. Why is she going in the basement so early? I also love how pretty Ilene looks in all those colors. I prefer not to post to much or else I would have commented on this before.

At that point in the game, I was ready to just finish! I'd planned it out so nearly all of her requirements were finished, and then it was the waiting game. I couldn't think of another pretty color, so I decided to just use all of them for her!

Yikes. That would have been embarassing. It's bad enough that Nataliya is dating half the men in town. I can't wait for the next update!

Actually, I think it's a little more than half--if you don't count the elderly male paparazzi, of which there are many.

Long time reading, first time commenting. I love this story! It's all so well-written and interesting, and it's crazy to think it's all based on things you had little control over. Wish I'd shown up and started talking a lot sooner, but I'm excited to see how everything comes to a close.

Thank you so much! If I had control over everything, it would be very boring indeed, because I am a HUGE micro-manager. It's great that you've shown up before the end! That's the big fun part  ;) .

Gee . . . thanks, mom.

Pete's expression on the sofa was pretty adorable. Poor Ilene Azokka, being sent down to the basement. I take it you're at the point of locking everyone up and hitting the max speed button?

I played through 42 sim days in about 3.5 real days. It was exhausting.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/24
« Reply #1121 on: July 25, 2013, 03:52:53 AM »
Chapter 125 - Something of a Surprise

"Will fifty years go by fast?" I asked, still holding his hands.

"It'll be over before you know it," Pete answered easily. "Just like that."

I'm still doing my best to come to terms with it. I can dimly recall the very beginning--before even Serena existed. We were still planning. We hadn't even considered the cells. She came up with the idea, once the idea surfaced in the Immortal Dynasty world. She built them, she decided, and I would have to trust her.

Pete walked me back to the house, right up to the door. I was Harry Potter, walking through the Forbidden Forest with the Resurrection Stone in my pocket: I suddenly realized all of the things I took for granted. The sky is a beautiful, brilliant blue, seeming both flat and infinite. Grass is so green, so soft, nature's emerald. And the sun! It's--

Once Pete left, I looked outside, at the wedding arch. The flowers planted for Grandma's wedding are still there, but the wood is painted bone-white, and the chairs were all packed away a long time ago. Now, the wedding area is the gnome playground.

I celebrated my birthday the moment the clock struck 12--Cinderella moment, right? Standing over my cake, I looked at Mother and, for the first time, noticed the dark circles under her eyes that she had tried to cover with makeup. She had reached the top of her career, but at what expense?

Well, I suppose that doesn't matter now, since she just quit her job to be exiled to the basement with me. Despite myself, I was so excited to become a young adult: it's kind of the moment every girl dreams about. I could just imagine being a young woman with pretty clothes and perfect hair--gah!

Oh. Far better.

According to the record I've found, I'm the compilation of all of the "trademark" features of the Elysi family, each of them to a slightly lesser degree than in other family members. TO a lesser degree, I have Miles' mouth, Lolita's nose, and eyes that are from Kaylynn. At least, I think so, since Stephen's eyes are nothing like mine.

I was zapped down right away, and am . . . adjusting. Most of the time, I just write. I write about all of the adventures of my family, based on the records that I have compiled over the past several years. You'd be surprised about how much there is.

Mother mostly rocks or watches romantic TV, all of those old black-and-white movies. I know that she's battling herself over what will happen. For the rest of us, the End is a release. For her, it's a decision.

Of all the grandparents, Bree is the most lucid. Then again, she's the one with the most to be lucid about.

"Okay . . . we need to talk about this."

"Your rear end is all over my Ambrosia!" Iris Bianca protested.

"Now that is something I never wanted or needed to see," Kara muttered.

Iris Bianca paged Serena (it was a system she had set up for convenience's sake): Code Pants. She teleported up, coaxed Nicholas into his clothes, and got Iris Bianca fresh Ambrosia. Nicholas stood around, vacantly tilting his head to the side.

"Forty-two more days," Kara sighed.

"Forty-two more days," the rest agreed.

I had worried about maxing the writing career. In the end, with over 80 books under my belt, it took three days. Five, if you count the time spent writing as a teenager. A complete list of my books (Yes, I admit I wasn't very creative. In my defense, I expected to have to write more books!):

Serena:
Serena and Thornton
A Golden-Haired Witch
Cooking Up Romance
Magic, Mischief, and Men: 3,000 Recipes

Nicholas:
Nicholas and Lolita
In Love With a Ghost
Proposal on the Bridge
Wedding in France

Bree:
Bree and Brandon
Child Warrior
Proper Use of the Heat of the Moment Kiss
Teenage Grandmaster

Kara:
Kara and Bianca
Radioactive
She's a Rebel!
The Wild One(s)

Iris Bianca:
Iris Bianca and Bubba
Lonely Lilac
A Study in Purple
We Found Love in a Hopeless Lamp

Mikayla:
Mikayla and Jerry
Butterflies
Colors, Colors, Colores, Everywhere!
Fighting the Alien General

Nataliya:
Nataliya's Juggling Act
Precocious PInk
Flirtatious and Loving It
Choosing Stephen

Ilene Azokka
Ilene Azokka and Pete
Dreams
Princess of Light
The Other Half

The Elysi Immortal Dynasty
Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Purple, Orange, Pink, Light

While I was busy, my grandmas were planning something of a surprise. Mother tracked down Pete, who had gotten a job at the salon, and set him up at his own station.

Grandma paged me that it was my turn to pay the bills, so I teleported up to the surface.

The teleporter's coordinates had been tinkered a little, so instead of landing next to the mailbox I found myself swept into the arms of a very handsome young man.

"Pete! What are you--"

"Your grandparents worked it all out," he interrupted with an effortless grin. "They and whatever thing they commune with decided that we can see each other once every life stage--maybe a little more, if we can convince them."

"I've missed you so much," I murmured, touching his face. "You don't know what it's like down there--it's like you go into a trance. You don't know whether it's day or night, awake or asleep, alive or dead. Everything just feels so numb."

"You're almost done," he said softly. "You've finished everything, now all there is to do is wait. You can be numb, and confused, and in a trance, but just remember that I'm waiting for you."

I sighed deeply. "If you can endure fifty years of being alone and being aware of being alone, I guess I can endure not noticing time passing for fifty years. But . . . there's only one thing I want to do right now."

"And what is that?" he asked playfully.

Drawing him close, I whispered, "You know, there are eight empty beds in this house and seven empty showers."

A little giddy, we chose Serena's room. It felt a little strange, almost sacrilegious, to use a bed that had been empty for hundreds of years, but with all of the pictures removed it was easy to pretend that the blue room was just an empty bedroom.

"Are you sure about this?"

"We're sitting on a bed and I'm slowly edging towards you. What do you think?"

"Do you want to have kids?" I reached for Pete's hand under the blankets, gazing into his eyes.

"Lots of them," he said with a mischievous grin. "We'll have six wonderful children, then when they're all grown up we'll have six more. Of course, we won't be able to have any kids until . . . you know."

"No," I agreed, "but we can practice. I want to have a baby on the first try, so it's very important to practice."

"What do you say we go practice in the shower next?"

"That sounds lovely."

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Something of a Surprise
« Reply #1122 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
Oh, she's writing! My mind went towards nectar-making, but it makes sense like this, too.

Yeah, you're pretty much right on with "squicky," though I'm not sure what it's a combination of, either.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1123 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
Squick.

That's sweet that she gets to see him occasionally. I love her YA wardrobe. She is all Elysi for sure.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1124 on: July 25, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Great update. I like the Harry Potter reference. The Elysis are so close to finishing the immortal dynasty. Looking for next amazing update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl