Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 424066 times)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A Long Walk Down Memory Lane
« Reply #1095 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
Great update. Love the remembrance of old romance. Bree and Brandon were my favourite pair. Illene Azokka looks very beautiful in teen age, may be she will look more beautiful at future age. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1096 on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
I loved that! It was great to see all the spouses' stories again. I have officially decided my favourite couple is Mikayla and Jerry. Ilene looks great as a teen :)
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1097 on: July 22, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »
Beautiful chapter; I'm still not sure who my favorite couple is.. Can't wait for the next update!

Oh, and Ilene Azokka is a gorgeous teenager! She's got a very interesting wardrobe.   :D

Neither am I! I just love them all.

Just wait until she's older!  ;D

Man, that chapter has me crying... so beautiful to see it all again.  Wonderful job.  And Liya is just gorgeous.

Awww  :) . I love a good bout of nostalgia myself. And I assume that by "Liya" you mean "Ilene Azokka" ?

Downside: I missed a lot of chapters: Bonus: I got to read them all at once and didn't have to wait! My mind is blown right now. When the eighth generation was born I got chills and kept them for the next several chapters following. Seriously, I thought you were a great writer before. I am now completely floored. This stuff is better than many professional authors' novels I've read. Wow. Just, so much wow. I'd be insane to try to comment on everything, but one thing really stood out--the way you wrote Ilene Azokka's birth--with Mikayla--perfect. I don't know how you got her to strangle herself at that moment but the whole thing was amazing. Tell her I got the message ;)

I don't even know where to start! This is maybe the first time a comment has really made me tear up--or maybe that's the finale of Sherlock that I just watched talking  :'( . Really, I am so, so honored! I mean, I was hoping that I would at least beat Twilight, but this is--wow.

Everything Mikayla did was pure Mikayla: I thought I had teleported her back into the basement, only to find that she had followed Liya up into the nursery and, instead of freaking out, was in the process of trying to strangle herself when I sent her away. She really is a gem for storytelling.

Great update. Love the remembrance of old romance. Bree and Brandon were my favourite pair. Illene Azokka looks very beautiful in teen age, may be she will look more beautiful at future age. Looking forward for next update.

I loved Bree and Brandon too: they were the party couple.

I loved that! It was great to see all the spouses' stories again. I have officially decided my favourite couple is Mikayla and Jerry. Ilene looks great as a teen :)

It is kind of a magic story, because if it hadn't been for the broken family tree they wouldn't be able to have any romance!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/22
« Reply #1098 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:38 AM »
Chapter 122 - Elysi of the Opera

As the owner of the Azokka Memorial Bookstore, I felt that I should visit the establishment and give everyone a morale boost. Oh, and a pay boost, too--needless to say, the bookstore clerk was very happy. I don't blame her, either. Ten thousand dollars an hour isn't a bad deal.

In truth, a visit to the bookstore (and making the clerk's day) was nothing more than a stalling tactic, so my mind could have time to battle itself. At times, I absolutely hate all of the conflict that makes life so intriguing. This is what I thought as I stood before the door of my father's house.

(Note: This is why I shouldn't watch a movie before writing an update!) Did you know that I hate The Phantom of the Opera? Absolutely cannot stand it. You just don't know who to root for--which, normally, I would enjoy, but it's so confusing! The Phantom wants to make Christine spend the rest of her life in the dark, but at the same time he's never loved or been loved, and she's the only chance at happiness he has! He's been so broken and beaten by the world, never shown compassion, always a monster.

Raoul, on the other hand, is the classic knight in shining armor/soulmate/whatever. Frankly, he peeves me. Yes, peeves. He's just too perfect, and I do root for the Phantom--at least until I remember that he's a murderer who wants to exile Christine from the world forever. Then it's a struggle between do I want Christine to be happy (because she and Raoul are in love, even if he's kind of a pushover) or should she give the Phantom his only chance at happiness.

And the end--God, the end! She has to choose between losing Raoul, or--losing Raoul, but allowing him to live. I seriously doubt that it would have played out either way, considering that Raoul would either A) Live, come back down to the sewer with all the king's armies, and rescue her or B) Die, be reincarnated as Indiana Jones, and still come back down and save her.

For some reason, what I truly cannot stand about The Phantom of the Opera is the end. He just lets them go? That would never happen in real life! People don't just have epiphanies of altruism! Grr.

Why have I forced you to sit through a review of a play, you ask? Well, right now I'm facing a conflict of my own, and I'm choosing to cast all the members and put on a show.

First up: Raoul, played in this production by Stephen Felder. He's definitely the happiest person in the equation. Unlike the other two major characters in this play, he doesn't see the trouble brewing in the Opera house--at least, not until it's too late for him to do anything but be saved by the lovely lady. People give him way too much credit. Sure, the love of his life falls in love with and is kidnapped by a madman who lives in the sewers, but don't we all have relationship problems?

Next: The tortured genius turned to madness, The Phantom of the Opera. This Phantom might not fit the profile, but Nataliya Elysi is the one and only (wo)man for the job. Nataliya wasn't born into darkness, but, as she grew older, despair and sorrow seeped into her soul. She craved the impossible, but despaired of ever reaching it. She fell in love, but betrayed that love over and over. She ignored the growing regret, but guilt raged beneath the surface, weighing her down as she tried to swim up.

Last of all: Our heroine, Christine, otherwise known as Ilene Azokka Elysi. She alone knows the full story, and the two rival forces in her life. More than knows--she understands, and that is the full story in of itself. It would be so much easier if she only saw the happy couple that the rest of the world seems to accept, but instead she must confront the turmoil that is present in one, and that the other is oblivious to.

And . . . I still don't know what to do. Usually distancing myself from the conflict makes it so much easier: it's simple to say, "Oh, she should definitely do that!" rather than "I should definitely do that." At the moment, all I'm doing is stalling. I decided to knock on Stephen's door and just talk fast, then ran away after ringing the bell. My next opportunity was when I happened to meet him outside the Bistro, mumbled something about the weather, and . . . ran away again. I suppose I'm not the most decisive person.

I know you probably think I'm ridiculous for even thinking about these things. But Mother isn't just having a fling every once in a while: she sees at least two men every day, often consecutively. For me, it really is quite depressing, and when I'm depressed I'm confused, and when I'm confused I can't dream, and when I can't dream I'm depressed. It's a vicious cycle.

Lately, the three rendezvous points are the Consignment Store, the Elixir Store, and the Art Museum. She moves them constantly to keep the paparazzi from catching up, and is smart enough to pull it off without them suspecting anything. I've figured out her patterns, too: Stephen when she wants to go out and have fun, Hasan when she feels like being a "secret agent" and sneaking around, and Lionel when she's just tired and needs a pick-me-up. It's been Lionel more and more often lately.

I honestly can't remember the last time she slept--last night, she was out with Lionel until five in the morning, loaded up on caffeine, then went out to a party with Stephen at the Port-a-Party Warehouse.

Without having to worry about paparazzi (they were still around, it's just that Stephen is her "public image" boyfriend), I hope that she was able to relax a little and have some fun. It's been so long since she's had some fun, out in the daylight rather than sneaking around in the dark.

The moment school ended, I rushed over to the Warehouse to be a buzzkill. Right on cue, all of the skinny-dippers hastily climbed out of the hot tub, grumbling about "the kid showing up everywhere." It's true that I've followed Mother everywhere ever since I was a child--not because I needed her to constantly take care of me. The opposite, in fact.

When I was younger, she sometimes went to the Grind when she was stressed, to drink it off. Mother would flirt with the bartender, buy a few rounds for the rest of the club, and dance until the place closed. I'd come, too, and read a book in the corner while keeping an eye on her. I suppose it's my self-imposed mission to keep her safe, like a Lionheart protecting her king--nope, too confused for dreams today.

At least, now that I'm older, I can have a little fun. I met one of Mom's friends, a university mascot named Bill Moody, and danced with him for a few hours. I'm not interested in him at all, of course, but I don't mind dancing with a handsome man at a party.

By the time I got out of the hot tub, Stephen was long gone. And so was Mother.

Like any respectable parent, I waited up with a book until she finally walked in, exhausted and shivery--of course, she had gone and come down with a virus. I sat by patiently as she drank three glasses of water, and tucked her into bed with instructions to drink more fluids in the morning.

The next day, she insisted on getting out of bed and teaching me to drive my new sports car. Honestly, I am absolutely terrified of driving, cars, and anything with wheels. Fortunately everyone else in town was spending the day cosily inside, so I didn't run into any innocent civilians.

Once I finally earned my license, Mother was sent home with orders to stay in bed and I went to the library before calling Stephen to arrange a dinner at the Bistro, 8:00 P.M. There, I would tell him. It would be the best thing for him. It would be the best thing for my mother: the guilt was slowly eating her from the inside.

At 7:30 P.M., I returned home to find Mother locked in her room. No amount of pleading or threats would make her open the door, and the plate of food I slid under the door was shoved back, untouched. After an hour, I gave up and called everyone I could think of to find out what was wrong. Stephen's ex-wife, Abbie, was the one who told me that my father had passed away early in the evening.

I trudged wearily up the stairs. Frankly, I didn't know what to do next. That quiet, deep knowing rooted in my consciousness didn't know how to deal with this.

I don't think I like being a teenager.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Elysi of the Opera
« Reply #1099 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Great update. RIP Stephen, we will miss you. The last pic of Illene freaking out is cool. I guess she is neurotic(just saying, no offence). Looking forward for next update.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1100 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
"Like a Lionheart protecting her king."  Loved the Mumford reference!
Are you really managing to have Liya juggle all three guys without any reputation damage?

*edit* should have said "were" not "are."  May you find bounteous rewards and eternal peace in the Sim Bin, Stephen

Offline Wolffie

• Ferret Lover!
  • Townie
« Reply #1101 on: July 22, 2013, 02:19:04 PM »
R.I.P Stephan, even though you were not a househould member you were a great father and .... Boyfriend(I'm so used to saying husband in these RIP Posts.)
"I'm not about the hugging!"
                                                           - The Twelfth Doctor

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1102 on: July 22, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
Whoops, sorry Azokka, yes, I meant Ilene Azokka.  This is what happens when I comment when I'm dead tired...  And now, for this update's comment.

WOW!  Poor Ilene Azokka!  Having to be the parent to your parent is never fun...

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #1103 on: July 22, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
Oh great, another spouse who kicks the bucket...I mean, R.I.P Stephen. We'll miss you a lot.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1104 on: July 22, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
Great update. RIP Stephen, we will miss you. The last pic of Illene freaking out is cool. I guess she is neurotic(just saying, no offence). Looking forward for next update.:)

Oh, no, she's neurotic and proud of it!

"Like a Lionheart protecting her king."  Loved the Mumford reference!
Are you really managing to have Liya juggle all three guys without any reputation damage?

*edit* should have said "were" not "are."  May you find bounteous rewards and eternal peace in the Sim Bin, Stephen

Of Monsters and Men reference, actually. King and Lionheart.

Yep! I've had lots of practice juggling lovers in Sims: my longest game (before dynasties) was a vampire who successfully seduced every man in Bridgeport without a single casualty.

R.I.P Stephan, even though you were not a househould member you were a great father and .... Boyfriend(I'm so used to saying husband in these RIP Posts.)

He was also utterly clueless, which could be seen as stupid or (in my case) adorable!

Whoops, sorry Azokka, yes, I meant Ilene Azokka.  This is what happens when I comment when I'm dead tired...  And now, for this update's comment.

WOW!  Poor Ilene Azokka!  Having to be the parent to your parent is never fun...

I do it all the time, even without the excuse of being dead tired!  ;)

Oh great, another spouse who kicks the bucket...I mean, R.I.P Stephen. We'll miss you a lot.

Hahahaha. He'll be back soon--maybe.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1105 on: July 22, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
Oh, duh, of course Of Monsters and Men.  I knew that.  If you'd be willing to PM me pointers on getting away with the multiple partners thing, I'd appreciate it a whole bunch!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/22
« Reply #1106 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
Chapter 123 - Waiting

The first good news in ages: The night of Prom, I told Mother through the wall that I wasn't going. She immediately flung open the door, dragged me into the bathroom, and started doing my hair and makeup, all the while muttering about the ridiculousness of teenagers these days.

I was driven to the dance in her sports car, and (again, for the first time in ages) the layers shifted. My simple skirt and blouse had been replaced by a silk ball-gown, the fabric identical to the night sky. I smoothed down the skirt with my gloved hands and slowly, regally, ascended the marble stairs leading into the palace ballroom. The event was lovely--I danced with handsome courtiers, sipped wine from elegant silver glasses, and the entire court applauded as I was crowned Princess of the Ball.

As I descended the stairs from the school at the end of Prom, my gown receded into my clothing--the same fabric, but a much more simple style. I did my best to hide a grin, remembering Mother's moaning over my unambitious choice in Prom dress. Why bother buying fancy dresses when the ones in my imagination are so much more beautiful?

The other kids were still clustered around the doors--as NPC's, they knew that, by the time they got home, they would be adults. I watched them as I climbed onto my bike. It's so difficult to understand their minds, what it feels like to be young one moment and old the next without any space in-between. As Rosencrantz said, "Be happy—if you’re not even happy what’s so good about surviving? We’ll be all right. I suppose we just go on." --Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

This crossed my mind as I flew through the winter night, icy air whipping against my face and little drops of snow catching in my hair. I love the cold, especially when it's windy. It's exhilarating, as if clinging to the back on an enormous bird of--my foot fumbled on the pedal, the front tire skidded to a stop--I was barely able to keep the bike from flipping--and feathers melted away into metal. I looked up to see my mother crying on the shoulder of Stephen's ex-wife, and sighed.

Mother came home early in the evening--at least for her. She locked the door, kissed me on the forehead, and went to bed. Her eyes were sad, but clear, not the cloudy fog that comes from despair and is either thrown back into the black hole in which it was spawned or consumes a person from the inside, out. I hadn't been sure if Mother would defeat the force that is the core of the Abyss. Maybe everything will be okay, after all.

The wolves around my bed refused to let me sleep. I tried everything: warm milk, sheep, pretending to be asleep, and watching reality TV. It simply couldn't be done. The creative juices which had been stifled for so long finally broke the dam and came flowing down, roaring against the mountainside so loudly that I could barely hear myself think. I finally gave up, gulped down three cups of ginseng-infused coffee, and started typing like a madwoman.

Once the book was sent off to the publisher, I left the house, closing the door gently so I didn't wake my mother. I circled around to the back of the lot, climbed over the wall, and walked down the hill to the beach. In the half-day half-night, with both moon and sun on the horizon, the world became a magical silver wonderland. Silver sand glittered with drops of sparkling water, silver fog merged with silver sea, so that it's impossible to tell where water ends and sky begins.

The beach was my sanctuary for the rest of the day. Dreaming is so easy near the ocean--I close my eyes, breathe in the salt, feel the water lapping against my feet. Water crashing against the rocks, over and over, in a smooth rhythm that is both stirring and calming.

At some point, I remembered that I, ah, had a date. Pete Pimentel and I had met at Prom--he wore a secondhand tux that I imagined as an expensive suit, clean and elegant without any ruffles or lace. Pete isn't really a fancy guy. That's what I like about him. There's also the fact that he lives in the old Alto house, right next to mine, which is what made him stand out in the first place.

Besides, he's sweet. Nice, friendly, intelligent. We flirted, laughed, and discussed the play the theater put on a few weeks ago. Just as the festival was closing, I steeled myself, straightened the sword in my belt, and invited him over.

Mother was already in bed, her eyes half-closed and breathing even. For a moment, I tried to read her mind, and for a moment I could almost see the words dancing beneath her eyelids . . . but Pete was waiting in the living room.

We sat on the couch and just talked for a while, the clock ticking on and on at an accelerated rate. My heart sped to catch up with the clock as I yawned exaggeratedly and slowly stretched, my arm settling on Pete's shoulder. As you can see, we're both wearing slightly contorted expressions of teenagers tentatively falling in love.

The conversation continued, speech becoming quieter and quieter until, at last, there was only a comfortable silence. I looked at him. He looked at me. And we slid closer together.

Our eyes remained steady, fixed on each other with an intensity that was both frightening and exciting, waves smashing on the cliffs.

We remained locked together for a long moment. Not "making out," just sitting with our arms around each other, kissing.

Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes? They're silvery-blue, but change color with the light. Just like mine. But while the dark eyes are subtle, careful, barely noticeable, his are open and honest.

"You know, I've had a crush on you since the first day of school," he murmured, quiet, but loud in the silence. "We were in the same Geometry class, and I sat two rows behind you. You were drawing pictures of dragons during the lesson, and Mrs. Simms got mad at you and sent you to detention. That's when I fell in love with you."

"No, you didn't!" I laughed. "Love isn't something that happens overnight."

"Ilene Azokka, I am in love with you," Pete said solemnly, holding his hand over his heart. "I love you now, I'll love you tomorrow, and I'll love you 'til the day I die."

"You're being ridiculous!"

"No, you're in denial." His smile suddenly faded, eyes becoming serious. "What can I do to prove it?"

"Wait for me." Did I love him? I couldn't. Not until all of this was over. "Wait for the next sixty years. Wait for me, without ever loving someone else, and then I'll believe you."

"And until we're both seventy--are we going to be friends?"

"Friends with benefits. I can't handle being with you until I know that I can commit to being with you." How was he taking it? Of course, I sounded absolutely insane, and-- "I know it's crazy, and of course you don't want to promise anything, but--"

"Where will you be for the next sixty years?"

"I'll be waiting, too."

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Waiting
« Reply #1107 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
That is just too sweet!  So very cute!  Pete is perfect for Ilene Azokka!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1108 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:34 PM »
I might not like generic townies, but the goofy smile on Pete's face when Ilene Azokka leans in for a cuddle is one of the most adorable things ever. I could end up liking Pete after all!

Poor Liya. I love the black hole analogy used for her grief, though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1109 on: July 23, 2013, 01:35:27 AM »
That is just too sweet!  So very cute!  Pete is perfect for Ilene Azokka!

He's also the only non-NPC teen in the town  ;) .

I might not like generic townies, but the goofy smile on Pete's face when Ilene Azokka leans in for a cuddle is one of the most adorable things ever. I could end up liking Pete after all!

Poor Liya. I love the black hole analogy used for her grief, though.

He's not quite as generic as other townies--he has a very interesting mouth.

Good! I was very sleep-deprived while writing, so hopefully it didn't come out too garbled!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything