Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972717 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #690 on: September 14, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »
You're aware, right, that the Mix Master challenge of nectar making is also bugged?

Yeah, that does ring a bell. Obviously, what I said earlier would also apply — keep accurate notes and as long as you do the 15 different combinations for Mix Master, then you can take credit for completing that one as well.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #691 on: September 14, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
The running bug seems to affect to taking photos, too. I have two sims in my dynasty who are affected with the running bug, second generation heir and his mom. Every time mom tries to take a photo of his son the subject is Running (Sims in Motion). This happens no matter what the son actually does, stands still or sits or whatever. May I still use the photo of the son for Immortal Museum even if it says Running instead of My son or My relative?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »
Yes, Tara, that's fine.  I've had that same thing happen and it seems that when the running bug is active, you can't get anything but the running title in the picture.  Just ask your Sim to pose and take the picture.

Also, please upload your avatar image again.  All those images were lost during the recent server move.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »
I remember a little while ago someone asking whether the "moveobjects on" cheat is allowed.  At the time, Metro ruled against it.  But I think it should be allowed.  It doesn't change the gameplay and it can be fun and helpful when building.  I don't think we need to make a change in the rules, just let it be known that using it isn't a game breaker.  Are you ok with that, Metro?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »
I remember a little while ago someone asking whether the "moveobjects on" cheat is allowed.  At the time, Metro ruled against it.  But I think it should be allowed.  It doesn't change the gameplay and it can be fun and helpful when building.  I don't think we need to make a change in the rules, just let it be known that using it isn't a game breaker.  Are you ok with that, Metro?

I'm okay with the "moveobjects on" cheat.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »
Sigh... I want to play a Dynasty, but I've never had good luck with patches, and can't install the current one. I had a really good idea too... I was going to name them after fruits...  :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2010, 11:12:03 PM »
Oh yay, glad to hear that.  When building my new dynasty house, I was trying to build this and that and thought, gee, wish I could use the "moveobjects on" cheat.  Thank you, thank you.  lol.  Sorry, got carried away for a moment. 8)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
Sigh... I want to play a Dynasty, but I've never had good luck with patches, and can't install the current one. I had a really good idea too... I was going to name them after fruits...  :'( :'( :'(

You can still play a Dynasty, you just won't be able to have your score added to the Hall of Fame for this challenge.  I am having problems with the current update as well and won't get into details, but I have had to withdraw from all current challenges for leaderboard purposes, but I am still playing them anyway for my own fun.  So play your Dynasty and name them after fruits! 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:25 AM »
Winter Thyme has maxed out her cooking skill and is currently working hard on garden and fishing.  She has only chosen one unique LTR so far, No Bills Ever.  Figured it was a good one to get right off the bat so the rest of the dynasty never has to worry.  Today was a sad day though.  Her beloved husband Marc Thyme was greeted by the Grim Reaper while sculpting a topiary as a gift for her garden.  She has left the unfinished piece of art as a shrine to him until she can afford to purchase land for his and the other dynasty spouses resting ground.  At first, Justin Thyme, their son, was very angry.  He felt his mother should have some how done something to make his dad's life better.  He's adjusted now and sees how very much in love they were.  Justin takes after his dad in looks and abilities.  He is already a proficient painter but has not decided what branch of this talent to pursue.  He will be the dynasty artist.  Winter has the sad chore of finding another artist to marry so Justin can have his teen age and young adult paintings done, though her heart will always belong to Marc.

Something that really bugs me is the inability to travel at first.  Winter is constantly getting skill challenges that could increase her skill points but they are all wrapped around going somewhere else.  Like, make stir fry or bring in pomegranates.  It's very annoying as she has so few places where she can gain these much needed points.  I'm trying hard to NOT max out gardening, just get to the point where I can grow life fruit and death flowers, (I'm there now), and ditto with fishing.  Just need to catch death fish.  Really hard to not wind up maxing them though.

Am I the only one who cries when a Sim dies?  My hubby thought I was a bit nuts today.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2010, 02:10:23 AM »
He he!!!  ;D Justin Thyme!  :P lol!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2010, 02:36:12 AM »
Winter Thyme has maxed out her cooking skill and is currently working hard on garden and fishing.  She has only chosen one unique LTR so far, No Bills Ever.  Figured it was a good one to get right off the bat so the rest of the dynasty never has to worry.  Today was a sad day though.  Her beloved husband Marc Thyme was greeted by the Grim Reaper while sculpting a topiary as a gift for her garden.  She has left the unfinished piece of art as a shrine to him until she can afford to purchase land for his and the other dynasty spouses resting ground.  At first, Justin Thyme, their son, was very angry.  He felt his mother should have some how done something to make his dad's life better.  He's adjusted now and sees how very much in love they were.  Justin takes after his dad in looks and abilities.  He is already a proficient painter but has not decided what branch of this talent to pursue.  He will be the dynasty artist.  Winter has the sad chore of finding another artist to marry so Justin can have his teen age and young adult paintings done, though her heart will always belong to Marc.

Something that really bugs me is the inability to travel at first.  Winter is constantly getting skill challenges that could increase her skill points but they are all wrapped around going somewhere else.  Like, make stir fry or bring in pomegranates.  It's very annoying as she has so few places where she can gain these much needed points.  I'm trying hard to NOT max out gardening, just get to the point where I can grow life fruit and death flowers, (I'm there now), and ditto with fishing.  Just need to catch death fish.  Really hard to not wind up maxing them though.

Am I the only one who cries when a Sim dies?  My hubby thought I was a bit nuts today.

You can have your founder watch the cooking channel to gain the recipe for stir-fry.  That is what I did with my founder so that he could complete one of his six BlackOps.  Yes, the no traveling thing is a bit of a bear, but you will get there!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2010, 04:33:42 AM »
@Joria:

You can also make friends with the local cooks and get recipes from them once a day.  Sooner or later, you'll get all of them.  Mary Baker is in Twinbrook, and there are two others, they they names slip my mind right now.  Hang out at the diner and see who leaves wearing cook's clothes.  My Carina only bought two recipe books and got everything all the way up to Ambrosia from her friends.

I just the read the start of your story where Winter married Marc and now I read that he's already died!  That makes me sad.  I hope he had a long life.  You need to update your thread on the stories board, girl!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2010, 06:34:56 AM »
My cook in the DaVinci Challenge can't get recipes from Mary Baker or any of the other cooks.  She has the Natural Cook trait, so I'm not sure why it won't work.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2010, 06:41:20 AM »
Does you Sim have any actual cooking experience yet?  Or are the cooks elderly?  (If they retire, they may not give you any recipes.)  Are you looking in the right place?  Once you introduce yourself/greet, it's under the Friendly interactions.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2010, 08:47:17 AM »
My cook in the DaVinci Challenge can't get recipes from Mary Baker or any of the other cooks.  She has the Natural Cook trait, so I'm not sure why it won't work.

I've played many cooks, and sometimes they just don't get the Trade Kitchen Secrets option, I'm not entirely sure why.  It seems to come up more often if my sim meets the other one off the home lot.  Also it seems to come up more often if my sim has been studying cooking.  If my sim is at the library reading a cooking book and they talk to another Natural Cook, the option to Trade Kitchen Secrets always comes up.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests