Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972118 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #705 on: September 15, 2010, 10:20:45 AM »
You can still play a Dynasty, you just won't be able to have your score added to the Hall of Fame for this challenge.  I am having problems with the current update as well and won't get into details, but I have had to withdraw from all current challenges for leaderboard purposes, but I am still playing them anyway for my own fun.  So play your Dynasty and name them after fruits! 
Woot!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #706 on: September 15, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »
I think that the Trade Kitchen Secrets option only comes up if your Sim has discovered that the other sim is a Natural Cook.  If they don't know that the other sim has the trait, then the option to trade recipes won't come up.  That's why it's good to pick up the Observant LTR, although sometimes if you talk about cooking or "boast about culinary prowess" then it will pop up that you've discovered the other sim is a Natural Cook.

Julienne Knack is also a Natural Cook, and there's one more but I can't remember.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #707 on: September 15, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
With regards to the "trade kitchen secrets", I have noticed that if I have a wish to learn a new recipe or an opportunity that requires to learn a new recipe, I can never get that option to appear when I talk with a natural cook.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #708 on: September 15, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
I think that the Trade Kitchen Secrets option only comes up if your Sim has discovered that the other sim is a Natural Cook.  If they don't know that the other sim has the trait, then the option to trade recipes won't come up.  That's why it's good to pick up the Observant LTR, although sometimes if you talk about cooking or "boast about culinary prowess" then it will pop up that you've discovered the other sim is a Natural Cook.

Julienne Knack is also a Natural Cook, and there's one more but I can't remember.

That is what I think too. In one of my challenge games I was trying and trying with Mary Baker but couldn't get it to come up either. I was maxed in cooking too. I hadn't been able to discover that she was a natural cook though either. As I had a lot of Charisma skill so we were automatically friends. And no matter what I said about cooking I didn't learn that trait of hers so I am pretty sure that you are right on that one. It makes a lot of sense and I was thinking that already too.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #709 on: September 15, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »
I am getting to a stage of thinking of Ambrosia and Museum now, first off Does the Deathfish have to be caught by the Immortal? Second - If a Immortal paint's something can we add it to their museum and it count towards the value?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #710 on: September 15, 2010, 03:47:34 PM »
I am getting to a stage of thinking of Ambrosia and Museum now, first off Does the Deathfish have to be caught by the Immortal?

No.

Second - If a Immortal paint's something can we add it to their museum and it count towards the value?

Something...meaning something other than what's already laid out in the rules as the only things that add value to the museum?  ;) No.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #711 on: September 15, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
Okay, that helped me a lot!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #712 on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Why do I have to make ice sculptures? Can't I just make regular ones?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »

The only way to sculpt another sim is in ice.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »

The only way to sculpt another sim is in ice.

Exactly. Remember, Simstar3, what the immortals' museum is all about — a permanent record of their greatness — great works of art depicting them. A clay toilet just wouldn't quite cut it, right? ;)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #715 on: September 15, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »
what the immortals' museum is all about — a permanent record of their greatness — great works of art depicting them. A clay toilet just wouldn't quite cut it, right? ;)

Depends on the sim.   ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
I am totally bummed out.  I played for like 16 hours straight, (ok, breaks for potty etc.), got my Sim all the way to Elder, first Ambrosia and teen age son ready to max painting.  (It's all he did besides the essentials).  So I was thinking about the museum and came up with what I hope is a viable plan for it.  Started checking out the pictures.  Baby picture, (photo), toddler painting, toddler ice, child ice.......WHAT?  Child picture went WHERE?  I know he painted the child picture because I made him paint before sculpting.  I cannot find it anywhere.  My hands are too sore to play any more tonight and I'm too bummed out at having to start over again.  I had such good story lines in my head too. sigh
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2010, 12:19:05 AM »
@Joria:

I thought I had lost some paintings, too, but I had put them in my family inventory for safekeeping while I remodeled the house.  Check everywhere.  Put all the walls up.  Look in all the inventories.  I hope you find it!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2010, 12:31:40 AM »
@ Joria.  I am so sorry to hear that.  I actually had the same thing happen to me and I know that Holly had painted multiple pics of the teen at toddler and child stages.  Since I am not able to submit my score (not patched up and won't be) I am going to continue to play my family all the way through.  I have put in a ton of hours building the house, getting everyone skilled up to where they need to be so I want to finish no matter what.  Then I will do another Dynasty once we get Late Night and then I will be patch up to date and can play to submit my final score.  {{{{virtual hugs}}}}

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2010, 04:35:20 AM »
@Joria:

I thought I had lost some paintings, too, but I had put them in my family inventory for safekeeping while I remodeled the house.  Check everywhere.  Put all the walls up.  Look in all the inventories.  I hope you find it!

There aren't that many walls.  Sixteen in all.  I will check again but I think I may have wound up selling it.  I needed to have that last property for my soon to be elder and I had a bunch of pictures hanging on the outside of the two bathrooms.  I didn't take anything from the basement as that is where I originally intended my museum to be but I did pull down several from the exterior bath room walls.  There are only 3 "rooms" total.  I'll paste up a few screenies in the building section.  Two are bathrooms and one is the stairway, so not much room to hang things.  I temporarily was storing a few things in the basement intending to buy an empty, huge house with enormous yard and do that house as my museum with the garage being a place for spousal paintings or whatever and the grounds for the resting place of the spouses.  I think it would have worked very well.  Like a big mansion one can tour.  If I can't find it I'll just keep working on it for fun and do a new one for the challenge.  Hmmm, family inventory.  Ya know, I did not check there.  (crossing fingers)

Thanks for the hugs wildredchild.  I needed them.  You know, every time I see that name I think of the Fraggle, Red.  I love Fraggle Rock.

EDIT:  No such luck.  sigh

I think I 'll keep the library copy of her, move to Sunset Valley and find a new love, and continue with my current story anyway but as a for fun thing.  Maybe do it more like a dynasty with ten immortals who can live other places.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery