Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979812 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #675 on: September 14, 2010, 05:47:34 AM »
OK I'll talk to myself ;D

fishing part - yes it is very easy to avoid  maxing the skill:)first five levels I gain fishing for alley catfish (at Stoney falls), next two in central park using alley catfish as a bait for angelfish and as soon as I hit lvl 7 went to graveyard at midnight, use angelfish as bait and got the dead fish instantly! then just feed the omniplant in science fascility which will slowly increase gardening skill. Same is with life fruit. Feed omniplant with one lifefruit and next day there are four of them ;D

I personally haven't had a lot of luck with the Omni Plant at the Science Center.  After feeding and harvesting it one time, I normally can't feed it again.  I just get no interactions for it at all.  So, I haven't gotten into the habit of using it.

but would like to hear about how often does they have to eat ambrozia after becoming immortal.

They can eat Ambrosia as often as you want once they qualify.  I had my founder eat her second serving when she was about 83 days old again. 

Gardening - If anyone knows if only harvesting increase gardening skill? Ill check it myself, but even if it does, it would be enough to get lvl 7 gardening to plant special seeds, and let the spouse harvest and weed plants avoiding watering with sprinkles. It should be enough to keep them away from reaching lvl 10 and leaving it free for future generation.

I believe that once the Gardening skill is learned, harvesting does increase the skill.  However, a Sim with no gardening skill at all can harvest without learning the skill.  They have to plant and tend the garden to gain that first skill point, not just harvest.

And collectibles are not forbidden but only not counted in museum value?

Your Sim can collect as much as you want, but they cannot go toward your museum score.  Only the items mentioned in the rules count for scoring.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #676 on: September 14, 2010, 06:34:19 AM »
Thank you Pam!

About the gardening, I knew that harvesting before learning gardening doesn't increase skill, and that it does after gaining first lvl. Any harvested items before gaining first lvl also doesn't count, it start registering harvestables only after unlocking skill journal by gaining first level - that I didn't know. I'm still in the process of checking that nectar skill challenge..
and for the omniplant.. I had no problems with it ever so occasionally I used it - If I wanted to hurry up usage of ambrosia.

It is a great news knowing that I can eat ambrosia as often as I want my immortal to eat it ;)

Thanks on collecting tip, I love making collection of large cut gems and having that many immortal in household with limited activities well great.. just to check this nectar challenge and on to my first try for Stuckson Dynasty ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #677 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:44 AM »
Well, think I will restart my dynasty.  Man, I hate doing that and losing everything, but, it has to be done now or never.  I think I will just post it on here and not sure if I will stay with the same theme.  I am off work for the next three days, so maybe I can get a good start on it.  I know I still am going with Agnes, but I can see where I can do a few things different this time. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #678 on: September 14, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »

And last one, how often do immortal sim eats ambrosia? For every meal, once per day or once per week?

Uhh many questions came up hehehe and I haven't even started :D

Lots of great questions, Anushka!  I'll just add my 2 cents' worth on the ambrosia question.  I have mine eat it once a week, so they always have the moodlet.  At this point in my dynasty the fridge is well stocked with death fish and life fruit, so that's no problem.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #679 on: September 14, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »
Well, think I will restart my dynasty.  Man, I hate doing that and losing everything

Aw, too bad.  Good luck with the next attempt.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #680 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »
When a sim eats ambriosa their life stage is reset and gets returned to the start of the current stage.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #681 on: September 14, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »
About the museum, to clarify in my brain:

No spouse stuff allowed.  Right?  What if you have a separate room for the spouses?

Only ONE item of each possible image?  One photo, painting, sculpture per life stage?  Or, if we have more than one, can we put them in the museum but only count the most valuable one? (I have been hanging all my artist spouse does on outside walls hoping he'll do one I actually like.) Do we have to have a photo or ice sculpture of Gen 1/founder as YA or can we just start those as Adult or Elder?  My spouse could not do permanent ice sculptures till he was an Elder and she was an adult.  What I would like to do is a "real" museum type thing.  Hang up their reward certificates, photos of them traveling or working, mementos like "the first huge meteor found by .....".  More like a big scrapbook of their enduring lives.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #682 on: September 14, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
About the museum, to clarify in my brain:

No spouse stuff allowed.  Right?  What if you have a separate room for the spouses?

Not recommended. Non-immortals add nothing to museum value, so if you made pieces for spouses of immortals that would be something you would have to remember not to add to the value at the end. More room for error.

Only ONE item of each possible image?  One photo, painting, sculpture per life stage?

Correct.

Or, if we have more than one, can we put them in the museum but only count the most valuable one?

You cannot put more than one item type for each life stage in the museum and once you do place an item, it's locked. No taking it out. But, as long as a Sim is in a certain life stage, then those life stage museum items that have yet to be place are totally up to you — choose the best ones obviously.

Do we have to have a photo or ice sculpture of Gen 1/founder as YA or can we just start those as Adult or Elder?  My spouse could not do permanent ice sculptures till he was an Elder and she was an adult.

Only portraits are required. The ice sculptures and photos are optional.

What I would like to do is a "real" museum type thing.  Hang up their reward certificates, photos of them traveling or working, mementos like "the first huge meteor found by .....".  More like a big scrapbook of their enduring lives.

That's completely your choice. Do the museum however you want. Just remember that it's only the life stage immortals' items that add any value.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #683 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »
Uhh all that work for nothing..
I remember that this skill challenge was problem in some challenge not sure which one, but needed to check it myself. Sim with no gardening skill but previously harvested some fruits without being counted, well he planted 53 regular grapes and one renoit. And weed and harvested 45 of them in total, the rest was weeded by other sim. After harvesting around 430 regular grapes and 6 renoit plus those weeded by other sim I took the testing, made nectar out of 390 regular grapes and leave the last 10 to test, but nothing I did made the skill challenge ??? It remained grayed out even after I made nectar from all 430 regular grapes completely grown by test sim, so I guess it is bugged as some others are.. problem is that only counter in skill sheet is the fruit counter - which include all fruit not just grapes..
I'm waiting to hear what will we do with it. It is possible to theoretically supermax nectar making without maxing gardening, it is close (just reach lvl 9) and one have to be careful to stop it at the right time..

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #684 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
Uhh all that work for nothing..
I remember that this skill challenge was problem in some challenge not sure which one, but needed to check it myself. Sim with no gardening skill but previously harvested some fruits without being counted, well he planted 53 regular grapes and one renoit. And weed and harvested 45 of them in total, the rest was weeded by other sim. After harvesting around 430 regular grapes and 6 renoit plus those weeded by other sim I took the testing, made nectar out of 390 regular grapes and leave the last 10 to test, but nothing I did made the skill challenge ??? It remained grayed out even after I made nectar from all 430 regular grapes completely grown by test sim, so I guess it is bugged as some others are.. problem is that only counter in skill sheet is the fruit counter - which include all fruit not just grapes..
I'm waiting to hear what will we do with it. It is possible to theoretically supermax nectar making without maxing gardening, it is close (just reach lvl 9) and one have to be careful to stop it at the right time..

This has already been discussed. The Vizard of Vine challenge is busted. ClayMask originally brought this to my attention in the Grim Reaper event. So, as long as you take accurate notes and do the required amount of work for the challenge, then you're free to count it as completed.

And you can definitely SuperMax nectar-making without maxing gardening — I plan on doing just that with a business career immortal. That Sim will never touch the garden and does not need to to complete the nectar challenges — all items needed will be passed from my gardening Founder.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #685 on: September 14, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
So can you keep all the stuff out of the Museum until they reach the next life stage? Then choose the best item? Or when something is made does it have to straight in?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #686 on: September 14, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »
This has already been discussed. The Vizard of Vine challenge is busted. ClayMask originally brought this to my attention in the Grim Reaper event. So, as long as you take accurate notes and do the required amount of work for the challenge, then you're free to count it as completed.

And you can definitely SuperMax nectar-making without maxing gardening — I plan on doing just that with a business career immortal. That Sim will never touch the garden and does not need to to complete the nectar challenges — all items needed will be passed from my gardening Founder.

I lost you here, where you said you plan to supermax nectarmaking without completing nectar challenges?
And on other parts I understood, I would do something similar, and use already grown grapes by immortal gardener from previous generation.  

PS Shipperke, thank you :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #687 on: September 14, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
So can you keep all the stuff out of the Museum until they reach the next life stage? Then choose the best item? Or when something is made does it have to straight in?

No. Let's say your immortal is in the Adult stage and just aged up to Elder. 5 different portraits were made of that immortal in that Adult stage, so by the time he ages up to Elder, one of those 5 need to be placed in the museum.

I lost you here, where you said you plan to supermax nectarmaking without completing nectar challenges?

No, I said to SuperMax nectar-making I did not need to even touch gardening.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #688 on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »
I understand now what you meant, and if you told me this earlier I wouldn't have to test it but it was up to me and my patience, to wait or to check it by myself ;)

So here is a plan for first attempt:

1. generation - cooking
2. generation - gardening
3. and 4. generation - fishing and painting - not sure if I painting being maxed till then
5. generation - handiness and inventing
6. generation - martial arts and athletic
7. generation - nectar making
8. generation - writing
There is logic and guitar are in a reserve, founder will do the sculpting, while charisma and photography are optional for everyone.
Also, athletic is not obligatory to max with martial arts but I want an adventurer in a family, plus breaking space rocks for gems.

Will see how will this work out :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #689 on: September 14, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

You're aware, right, that the Mix Master challenge of nectar making is also bugged?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

anything