Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942907 times)

Offline Pielord

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
Thanks for answering my questions! And yes I did forget to do a portrait of my founder as an adult too. Ahhhhh!
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
Heh. It's getting to the point where I can't even remember my own clarifications. I'll edit the rule set.

------

EDIT: Okay, I just added the following to the "Adding to the Household" section:

• Your first 6 immortals can be male or female and their spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death.

By spouses, do you mean anyone who is a parent of the heir?  Even if they're not married?  I don't remember talking about that when we did the rules.  Did we decide that they have to live together regardless?

Also, please send me a list of all the changes to the rules so I can update the guide.  Thanks!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »
By spouses, do you mean anyone who is a parent of the heir?  Even if they're not married?

Yes.

I don't remember talking about that when we did the rules.  Did we decide that they have to live together regardless?

Yes, except for generation 7.

Also, please send me a list of all the changes to the rules so I can update the guide.  Thanks!

You got it.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Thanks for answering my question back there, Pam. :)

And yay more question time :p I know photographs are optional for the museum, but since I'm able to take them, I'm going to try to for all my Immortals, but I had a question about toddler portraits.  There isn't a "Ask to Pose" option for toddlers, right?  (If there is, please direct me to it.)  Is it okay then to take the photo of the toddler while the toddler is held?  I know it's of course possible to take a picture of a toddler while he/she is playing on the floor, but it's hard to get a good angle that way.  Does the photo of a toddler Immortal only count if the toddler is alone?  (For all other life stages I would of course take the photo solo, since I can ask the Sim to pose.)

Thanks!  Oh, and I updated The Enmei Dynasty if anyone is interested.  I'm having fun reading everyone's dynasties (though I really need to go make more comments!).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
And yay more question time :p I know photographs are optional for the museum, but since I'm able to take them, I'm going to try to for all my Immortals, but I had a question about toddler portraits.  There isn't a "Ask to Pose" option for toddlers, right?  (If there is, please direct me to it.)  Is it okay then to take the photo of the toddler while the toddler is held?

To be honest, I've never taken a photo of a Toddler, so if anyone else knows how to handle Toddler photographs, please jump in.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2010, 09:31:23 PM »
Well, I actually just found a good mod that adjusts the height of the camera when painting/photographing, and it allowed me to get a good shot of my toddler playing on the floor, so I suppose all is well.  I'm still interested to hear if anyone has any suggestions for better toddler photos, though. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2010, 09:47:32 PM »
@Kiwala:  I'll let Metro have the final say on this, but it's part of the rules that no cheats or modifications are allowed.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
Well, I actually just found a good mod that adjusts the height of the camera when painting/photographing, and it allowed me to get a good shot of my toddler playing on the floor, so I suppose all is well.

I'm sorry but you cannot use any modifications at all.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2010, 10:24:56 PM »
/facepalm oh, I feel silly.  That's the only thing I've got, and I only used it on the one photo, so it should be all right if I just redo the photo, right?  Sorry about that.  It just edits some tiny little xml thing (instead of being story progression or awesomemod or anything like that) so I guess it just slipped my mind.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
/facepalm oh, I feel silly.  That's the only thing I've got, and I only used it on the one photo, so it should be all right if I just redo the photo, right?  Sorry about that.  It just edits some tiny little xml thing (instead of being story progression or awesomemod or anything like that) so I guess it just slipped my mind.

You can keep the photo you already took. It's not a big deal, just don't have the mod installed the next time you play your Dynasty file.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2010, 10:31:22 PM »
All right, thanks bunches! :)  I feel foolish.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »
My founder had no trouble choosing 3 LTRs that no other immortals already have, but I've been thinking more about the LTRs as I don't want to wind up with no more unique LTRS for the later generations.  Looking at the list in the Guide prompts another question:  can our Immortals get a simbot as an LTR?  There doesn't appear to be anything about this in the rules.  The rules do say "•No Sim may ever be moved out of the household by any means."  Now, if that applies to simbots as well, we'd be in trouble as we wouldn't have room in the house for the 8th generation (I assume a simbot counts as a member of the household).  But then, if anyone is going to do Inventing as their SuperMax skill, they'll need to make a simbot and either release it or keep it.  So can we get a simbot and release it, or are we going to have to not have them at all, which would mean Inventing can't be a SuperMax skill?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2010, 12:45:46 AM »
Ooo, that's a good question, Schipperke.  I originally planned to have an Inventor as my last Immortal (I changed it for a reason other than the SimBot thing, but still), and that would have run me into an issue for sure!  I imagine you could still Supermax Inventing AND have a SimBot without having to move it out if you do it with an early Immortal, since SimBots can die...though their ages seem to vary a lot, at least in my game.  I had one SimBot die very early and I had another that had a full age bar for a very very long time and didn't...so I guess I don't know.  SimBots are just odd, I guess.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »
I thought we had written that Simbots must be released into the wild, but I don't see it in the rules.  Maybe I'm thinking of another challenge I've played recently.  Personally, I don't think I would keep a Simbot because that's just one more spot taken in the Dynasty house and we don't know how long Simbots live.  Definitely don't keep it in the 7th generation because it would prevent the 8th generation from being born.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2010, 08:35:04 AM »
I know we are to let non-immortals die naturally, and not expedite death, but if, say, a fire occurs and a non-immortal (accidentally) burns to death, is that okay, or would it be a rule violation since it's not an old age death?  What about other accidental non-immortal deaths (meteor, maybe)?

anything