Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941572 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1650 on: December 31, 2010, 07:49:34 AM »
No, I mean that right now I've started my family in Sunset Valley, 15 Summer Hill Court and where can I post the screenshot of my sim I've just taken? Maybe I should start a new thread and place it there?

Oh, right. This thread is not the place for posting updates to your story. But, feel free to create a thread in the Story board. Good luck.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1651 on: December 31, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »
I will finish my dynasty this weekend.  Although I won't be scoring points, I will have completed the entire thing according to the rules, minus the portraits for the founder, which were created as still life by mistake.  Currently generation 7 is working on her career and her friends to finish up her requirements and generation 8 is a child and will be starting on mixology as soon as he is a teen.  My target for completion is Sunday.

Question, there is nothing that says the elders have to remain employed after achieving immortality - they can retire if I choose?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1652 on: December 31, 2010, 10:14:39 AM »
Question, there is nothing that says the elders have to remain employed after achieving immortality - they can retire if I choose?

Absolutely. All you need to do is max a unique career. For many of my own immortals — that happened far before Elder stage.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1653 on: December 31, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »
Absolutely. All you need to do is max a unique career. For many of my own immortals — that happened far before Elder stage.

Same here.  I left them employed so they would get out of the house periodically, but since placing all the night clubs for the mixology generation I have been sending them out to party each night and having to work the next day is now a challenge for some of them  ;D  Next up, mass retirements  :D

Last question, I think.  After having bought the required number of businesses and properties, can the family continue to buy up the town or are they limited to owning only the 16 real estate? 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1654 on: December 31, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
Last question, I think.  After having bought the required number of businesses and properties, can the family continue to buy up the town or are they limited to owning only the 16 real estate? 

Buy as many as you wish. The 2 per immortal requirement is simply for eating Ambrosia the first time.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #1655 on: December 31, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
I read somewhere on the forum that the mailbox can be replaced automagically by the game if you switch lots and then back again to your lot.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I even tried stuff that would NOT be allowed, I pulled the lot up and put it on the other side of the city, deleted it, reload, reinstalled, I could NOT get that stupid box to come back, and at 2nd gen, I need the gem money, I make ALOT collecting, it's really something I can't go without so long, plus I've always wanted to try an omni plant, and haven't gotten there yet.  Stupid mailbox, yay for new Dynasty!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1656 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
Do all of the best friends have to be living simultaneously? Another question: What if a friend becomes an old friends, but you hae the realtionship bar maxed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1657 on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:51 PM »
Do all of the best friends have to be living simultaneously?

Yes. They must be Best Friends with the immortal eating Ambrosia for the first time, so try and steer clear of Elders. You don't want any rude surprises.

Another question: What if a friend becomes an old friends, but you hae the realtionship bar maxed?

Then, the friendship is clearly as strong as Best Friend. Just look in the Relationships tab and see where the Sims fall in order.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1658 on: December 31, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »
I'm so stupid... And unlucky... I decided to SuperMax the most difficult skill --- Guitar skill... and the most difficult career --- Rock Star!!! I'm nearly at the end of the 1st week, she has no partner, only level 6 in the skill, level 3 in the career, no best friends, NOTHING! I hope everything will be ok till she reaches elder status...  :-\
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1659 on: December 31, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
Well then. Time to restart! Number 3! At least I think that I will take a break from the immortal dynasty and work on the tournament challenges.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1660 on: December 31, 2010, 05:13:55 PM »
I'm so stupid... And unlucky... I decided to SuperMax the most difficult skill --- Guitar skill... and the most difficult career --- Rock Star!!! I'm nearly at the end of the 1st week, she has no partner, only level 6 in the skill, level 3 in the career, no best friends, NOTHING! I hope everything will be ok till she reaches elder status...  :-\

Wow...yeah, good luck! My Man Dynasty gen #6 (Sound Man) is also Supermaxing Guitar. It can be done, but it ain't easy! :) However, that said, I would not have chosen to kick off the Dynasty with my Founder going that route. Founders typically have to lay the groundwork with other skills. So, if she has acquired some gardening and cooking skills in addition to her guitar, you may rethink your strategy now and switch her to gardening career and SuperMaxing Gardening. As long as you have not maxed guitar, you could save it for another Sim — but, whatever you do — don't have a guitarist learn any other skill.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1661 on: January 01, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
Hi *waves* Been reading through some of the first few pages, and I *think* I have things sorted, but just need to confirm a few things:

- Photos and Sculptures: Do you need these for your Immortals? I only have the base game.
- Skills: For each Immortal, skillwise you can have one level 10 skill(supermax skill), any number of level 9 skills, and any unused(not supermaxed on any immortal) skills maxed? This correct?
- Relationships: Any restrictions on your founder marrying rich or poor people?
- Careers: I only have the base game, so don't have any of the Ambitions options for self-employment. While I'm unlikely to go down this route, would I be able to set a set amount of money that I have to reach to have "maxed out" the self-employed career?
- Lifetime Rewards: Would getting one of the objects (Teleportation Pad, Moodlet Manager, etc.) count as a point towards the 3 unique lifetime rewards?

Think that's it for now... thanks! ^^

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1662 on: January 01, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
@Castaras, welcome to the forum! :)

Hi *waves* Been reading through some of the first few pages, and I *think* I have things sorted, but just need to confirm a few things:

- Photos and Sculptures: Do you need these for your Immortals? I only have the base game.

Photos and sculptures are optional. This Dynasty Challenge can be completed with only the base game.

- Skills: For each Immortal, skillwise you can have one level 10 skill(supermax skill), any number of level 9 skills, and any unused(not supermaxed on any immortal) skills maxed? This correct?

Correct.

- Relationships: Any restrictions on your founder marrying rich or poor people?

No.

- Careers: I only have the base game, so don't have any of the Ambitions options for self-employment. While I'm unlikely to go down this route, would I be able to set a set amount of money that I have to reach to have "maxed out" the self-employed career?

No.

- Lifetime Rewards: Would getting one of the objects (Teleportation Pad, Moodlet Manager, etc.) count as a point towards the 3 unique lifetime rewards?

With the exception of Mid-Life Crisis which is banned for immortals, all Rewards qualify towards the 3 unique rewards requirement.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1663 on: January 01, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Are the skill challenges for the Late Night instruments bugged?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1664 on: January 01, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
Are the skill challenges for the Late Night instruments bugged?

The non-Star Challenges are not bugged. All of the "Star" Challenges carry the same bug as Guitar Star, so if I were you, I'd just focus on one instrument.