Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 775060 times)

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
  • I love Italian Greyhounds...
    • Poesies.com
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #1200 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
Will do! Is there anything specific you would like in the yard? A garage, pool, pond, etc? What expansions/stuff packs/store content do you have?

I have all EPs and all stuff packs, so no worries there.  As far as store content that I really love, that river rock fireplace is a must!  I plan on using the Hewnsman furniture a lot in there too.

A small pond would be nice, but nothing fancy, rocks and a few trees and... yeah, I dig those pink and yellow flower terrain paints, just a touch.  I like how Hidden Springs is pretty simple, and I'd like to move my family in bare bones if possible and let the house develop up as I play.  So liberal use of terrain paints would probably be best.  But if you feel like going whole hog, who am I to stop you?  :)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1201 on: October 01, 2012, 12:13:02 AM »
Do you want it on a particular lot size?
I don't have that fireplace so I will just put another one in and then you can replace it.

EDIT: I just noticed you had said which lot you want it built on.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1202 on: October 01, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
Sorry to double post.

Here is the finished exterior and yard, Makeupinternet:

(I know you didn't specify whether you wanted a garage or not, but the house ended up being rather large inside, so I used some of it up for a garage. It has two parking stalls, 4 bike racks, and I am going to put some exercise equipment in there also.)

You said you play large families, so I put in a water slide, and a playground for the kids.

Getting started on the inside now. Let me know if you would like me to change or add anything on the outside.

EDIT: Done! It's on the swap shop here. Hope you like it!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1203 on: October 01, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
Hello, all, I'm hoping someone could help me out here since my building skills are apparently hopeless.

I want to build a craftsman-style log cabin -- this one:  http://www.precisioncraft.com/loghomeplans/Craftsman/Clearwater.html

My problem is the "unfinished room" moodlet when I build any sort of loft-type cabin.  I'm hoping someone has figured out a way around that!

I'm looking for the house to be built on 4 Beryl Ct. in Hidden Springs -- it's a 30x40 lot, and I'd like it to face the long side of the lot and snuggle up a bit to the water's edge.  Oh, and I have all EPs/stuff packs and a whole lot of cabin/craftsman style stuff from the store, so don't worry about items.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

Sorry for the Triple Posting!!!  :-[

I spent a good couple of hours trying to figure out how to build this house for you, Cedia. Sadly it is just NOT working. I can't get the roof to look even close to how it is in the pictures. I'm sorry, hopefully one of our other excellent builders can help you out!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #1204 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »
I couldn't do it either, fortheloveofcake. Thankfully, I can still use the house that I tried it on myself when the Sargeants move to Hidden Springs ;) I don't think it turned out too badly even without the a line roof.

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1205 on: October 01, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »
Thank you both so much for trying!  It makes me feel just a bit better to know that I'm not completely retarded with the building tools.  :P

Still, Jude's floorplan looks great and I'll most likely end up using that.  :)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1206 on: October 01, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
EA's roof tools are much better than the used to be, but still FAR from perfect.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #1207 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
Thank you both so much for trying!  It makes me feel just a bit better to know that I'm not completely retarded with the building tools.  :P

Still, Jude's floorplan looks great and I'll most likely end up using that.  :)

Thank you! I don't feel so bad now.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1208 on: October 01, 2012, 11:40:41 PM »
REQUEST 1

A fairy starter with a large fenced garden - no need for the actual plants, since the idea is to have the fairy plant then -, kitchen, bathroom and a small bedroom if a sim sleeps over. A 20x30 lot would be great.

No store content, easy on the EPs, except SN, obviously.

Thanks in advance.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1209 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »
REQUEST 2 - The Return:

A fairy "middler", 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, nursery, kitchen and, of course, a large fenced garden.

Max 40x40 lot and $ 100k.

Thanks in advance.

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1210 on: October 01, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »
REQUEST 3 - The Final (?) Chapter:

A fairy garden (community lot) with that fairy dome to be put on other towns, preferably a small lot.

If there's an actual garden (you know, with plants) would be great! Perhaps a shower too.

Thanks at last.

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #1211 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:26 AM »
"Hello, all, I'm hoping someone could help me out here since my building skills are apparently hopeless.

I want to build a craftsman-style log cabin -- this one:  http://www.precisioncraft.com/loghomeplans/Craftsman/Clearwater.html

My problem is the "unfinished room" moodlet when I build any sort of loft-type cabin.  I'm hoping someone has figured out a way around that!

I'm looking for the house to be built on 4 Beryl Ct. in Hidden Springs -- it's a 30x40 lot, and I'd like it to face the long side of the lot and snuggle up a bit to the water's edge.  Oh, and I have all EPs/stuff packs and a whole lot of cabin/craftsman style stuff from the store, so don't worry about items.

Thank you so much for your consideration!"

Would anyone mind if I attempt to build this house? I'm not sure I'll manage but it seems like a challenge and I'd love to try. Cedia, I unfortunately don't have Hidden Springs, but I'll build on a 30 x 40 lot for you. Then it's just a case of trying to figure out how to upload it if I manage to get it right. (I don't have internet on my Sims laptop).
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline Cedia

• Llama Wrangler
    • Poesies.com
« Reply #1212 on: October 02, 2012, 08:14:55 AM »
Go for it, Rhapsody!  Two sets of eyes are better than one, and ten are better than two!

The bugbear seems to be the way the second-story deck fits into the A-line roof.

And I specified the lot in Hidden Springs so folks could see what kind of landscaping to add.  As long as it's situated on in the right side of a 40x30 lot (longways) that would work for me.  That way it would be close to the lakeside in Hidden Springs.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #1213 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
Hello, all, I'm hoping someone could help me out here since my building skills are apparently hopeless.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

I would also like to give this a try. Could you tell me what the river rock fireplace is? I probably have it but I don't if it comes from an EP/SP or the Store. The house is amazing, by the way!

REQUEST 1

A fairy starter with a large fenced garden - no need for the actual plants, since the idea is to have the fairy plant then -, kitchen, bathroom and a small bedroom if a sim sleeps over. A 20x30 lot would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I'd love to do this one too! So, Supernatural content only? And what town?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1214 on: October 02, 2012, 06:32:37 PM »
REQUEST 3 - The Final (?) Chapter:

A fairy garden (community lot) with that fairy dome to be put on other towns, preferably a small lot.

If there's an actual garden (you know, with plants) would be great! Perhaps a shower too.

Thanks at last.
I suggest you take a look at some of the entries on our most recent bulding contest, Fairy Forest as some entries would suit you needs.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything