Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764386 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #960 on: February 11, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
I still like it Zap!
My question: What are you going to do with the room on the first floor next to the pool?

I don't know yet. It will probably be the guest bedroom (If you'd like). :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #961 on: February 11, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
lol That's okay, Zap.  I was wondering about you taking on so many big things at once.  And it is an odd request, not up anyone's usual alley.  Thanks for the suggestions; actually, one of the houses from that same contest is the closest I've found to an existing home that fits what I'm thinking.  I may try building it myself again, though if anyone wants to give it a try, I'll be happy to accept another effort.   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #962 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
I don't know yet. It will probably be the guest bedroom (If you'd like). :)

Sounds good!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #963 on: February 12, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
Actually, I've been thinking.  I'd like to withdraw the request I have pending and make a different one.  (I'll give that farmhouse another go myself.)

I'm playing a 100 baby challenge.  I've built what I think is a pretty cool house, but in fact, it's not ideal.  It takes a little too long for the family to move around in their home and the nursery is too cramped.  I'm not feeling the inspiration for a new build, though.

Here's what I'd like the house to have:
 - one story, no foundation
- maximum cost of 150,000 simoleons furnished
- sleeping arrangement for one adult couple (so a double bed), seven kids/teens and 2-3 infants/toddlers, these should be three separate rooms
- the older kids in this challenge are pretty much on their own, so lots of fun stuff to occupy them
- empty space (fenced if you'd like) for a small garden outside
- the house can be built on any empty lot (empty when you start a new game) in Appaloosa Plains; however, the small-medium lots are actually preferred because the family is already large and growing and a larger lot just causes more lag in my game
- this family does have pets, but horse accessories are not necessary
- all EP/SP content and any free store content is fair game

This is more about function than form, so I'd rather have space and easy routing than the perfect architecture.  We all know what sims are like and how they're different from real people.  I'd like that taken into account when building.

Thanks in advance!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #964 on: February 12, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
Okay, on the down side; I kept on postponing today and now I don't have enough time to finish. :-[
On the bright side, though, I managed to fit in enough time to do this.

Do you like the mini-aquarium and walkway to the master bedroom? I find it pretty cool myself :P

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #965 on: February 12, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
I like it Zap!
I'll be honest - the walkway's possibly one of the best things I've seen in the Sims!

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #966 on: February 12, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am interested in having someone create a basic world for me that I can populate myself with community lots, houses, sims, etc. I run a Mac and don't have access to a PC, so I can't do it myself. I have something pretty specific in mind, based on a town I lived in when I was little. It's a beautiful place, and I think would work nicely as a small town for Sims.

Google Map[http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Twillingate,+NL,+Canada&hl=en&ll=49.650654,-54.764528&spn=0.015949,0.037551&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.86519,76.904297&oq=twilling&hnear=Twillingate,+Division+No.+8,+Newfoundland+and+Labrador,+Canada&t=h&z=15

I'd probably want the area from a line at the join between Woods St and Toulinquet Rd and Stockley's Pond to the North, west to where Newman's hill is. The real difficulty with this request is that there is a LOT of terrain here, and it is not represented well on this map and I can't find a reasonable topographical map on the internet. I have my own local knowledge, which I would be happy to work with someone on.

Reference images for the kind of terrain:
http://sarahgignac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/08-29-2010_02-TwillingateLighthouseWalk.jpg
http://jewishwings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Eastern-Canada-Twillingate3.jpg
http://bevchrisrv.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/08-08-nl-053.jpg

I run all expansions, but no stuff packs. I have very little store content. And it'd be fun to be able to upload it when I'm done.

Thank you to anyone who thinks this would be a fun challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #967 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:21 AM »
I've got a request. First off, let me say multiple people can take on this challenge. I'd actually prefer if multiple people took on this request. This is for a Differences in the Family Tree Challenge family and it's fine and dandy to move them. I can even move neighborhoods if I want. I want a wide variety of house appearances so I figured the best way to do that is to get at least one other person to make one.

I did look over the Swap Shop and didn't see any that would work, but if you think one will work please post it. That section's 11 pages long and I've had a long couple of days. But I would also love some ones built if there aren't a lot in the Swap Shop that I missed.

Also, I do tend to play generational challenges so I'll use the houses at some point, even if not in this challenge.

Requirements:

• Lot Size: 30x30 to 60x60. You can go smaller if you think you can fit everything comfortably.
  • 2 master bedrooms. Ensuites if possible, not a huge problem if you can't work them in on one or both master bedroom
  • Bedrooms for 6 kids. Don't need to furnish for 6 kids, but I need to be able to put in 6 beds. I have Generations, so I can use bunk beds. If you're only doing one bedroom for each gender, 3 kids per room comfortably (ie: assume even gender distribution)
  • Nursery. Needs to be able to place at least 3 cribs, but you don't have to furnish for more than 2. I don't plan on much overlap on ages so I'll only need more than 1 or 2 if I get multiples.
  • One kitchen and one or two eating areas. Eating areas in the kitchen or directly attached to kitchen.
  • 2.5+ bathrooms. Ensuites can count towards this. I'm not above sending kids to use the ensuites attached to master bedrooms.
  • Prefer 1-2 stories, but if you absolutely must, I can take a third.
  • Fully furnished & landscaped.
  • Area for at least a small fruit & veggie garden. Maybe an apple or money tree or two.
  • Various skill items, so place items for all skills you can fit for the layout. I'll plant the fruit & veggie garden. If you don't have WA, just leave a space for the nectar machine. Even if you do have WA, do not feel you have to enter buydebug to get the nectar machine, I can send the heir off to France to get the machine.
  • Would prefer probably $150,000 to say $300,000, but slightly out of that price range is not going to be a huge problem most likely.

I think that's it for the requirements.

I have all EP's and SP's. No store content.

I also understand that this is probably not the easiest house to build, so I will understand if it takes a while. That and the family only probably has around $25,000 to $35,000 for a new house so they're a LONG way from getting a new house. Gardening and Writing don't bring a whole lot of money, at least not at the beginner. I'm in no huge rush and I do have other challenges I can play.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
« Reply #968 on: February 15, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
Okay, Seabody, one big change and one more "room", down.

I removed about 50% of the windows, because... well, the full glass wall just seemed too large.

Also completed the family/living room, with the ultimate rec area.

..I just realized I forgot to put in video game systems! I'll have to do it later. :P

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #969 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
Now THAT is Art, Zap!
My only request is - could the seats in the Ultimate Rec room be blood red? (Or a more fitting phrase - Plasma Red? ;) )

bubbles1969

« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
hi just wondering if anyone could build me a spacious London Townhouse??? Im terrible with houses and cant find a decent London one can anyone help???  :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #971 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
Here is a link to the thread that is for building and construction requests. More people will see this if you post your request there.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #972 on: February 22, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »
Hello all, I was wondering if any one has made a library with the book of spells from the sims3 store? I don't like the one that maxis made because of all the floors and the basement being weird. I would like it two floors and a creepy or old victorian or gothic style. I have all expansion and stuff packs and the Set that the book of spells comes with. Thanks!

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #973 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
Hi. I would like to request a house on a 30x40 lot. It is for a one hundred baby challenge and I would like space to expand. Please include a four crib nursery , a kids bedroom (enough space for 2 bunkbeds ) and a master bedroom.
I own WA GEN Amb HEL and FLS, I woudl like it built on a budget of 75,000 simoleons. Take your time building, I'm not in a hurry for it.  :)
Please don't include store content.
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #974 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »
Hi. I would like to request a house on a 30x40 lot. It is for a one hundred baby challenge and I would like space to expand. Please include a four crib nursery , a kids bedroom (enough space for 2 bunkbeds ) and a master bedroom.
I own WA GEN Amb HEL and FLS, I woudl like it built on a budget of 75,000 simoleons. Take your time building, I'm not in a hurry for it.  :)
Please don't include store content.

I can do this if you like! Any style in particular that you like, or colours to use or not use?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.