Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 772753 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #1065 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
This sounds quite interesting, so I might have a go at it. Is the pool fine above ground (pops out to see if an underground pool is even possible lol) I see you are after the family to go with it. I won't put my hand up for that, but it will give an insight to what their home could be like.
I can't guarantee I'll get it done, so if anyone else wants to jump in, don't stop because of me lol.
One question, do you have a town in mind?

It's possible, and I'm fine with it above ground.

As for towns... Sunset Valley, probably, otherwise, Starlight Shores.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1066 on: April 09, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
I might just get this done today. My back is being a bit yuck today, so I'm going to spend the day in my comfy computer chair and try to ignore it. I've been letting the kids take this computer the last few days, but I think today it's mine.
I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your dining room Seabody, I have an idea on what I'm going to do and I'd like to see your version so I know I'm not too off track lol.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1067 on: April 10, 2012, 06:42:27 AM »
Seabody, I have a plan laid out for your house but wondered about how much underground you wanted it. Do you want a flat block with stairs going down or maybe a raised area above the house (but not as high as a full level) with the entry down some stairs and through a side wall like a hobbit hole. I kinda hope you'd like the second because I just learned this method lol, but it's your house, so you call the shots.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
The Hobbit Hole sounds cool!

And sorry about the picture, I'll get it when I get home this afternoon.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
And sorry about the picture, I'll get it when I get home this afternoon.

lol, that's OK. I'm not up to decorating yet anyway.. my first plan went a little well actually a lot over budget and I had to rethink the design.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1070 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »
Creative Crayola, thanks for giving me unlimited budget.  I tend to spend.  lol  Here's the beginning of your lot at 1004 Pomona.  Sorry it's taking so long but I truly can barely see right now and have to rest my eyes a lot.  I injured both of them which is making life very interesting.  Sigh.

So far there are three bedrooms plus a nursery, three and a half baths in the house and a half bath in the barn "office".  Yes, there is a barn now!  Started landscaping a bit also.  There is a room on the main floor that used to be and still could be another bedroom.  There is a full bath off it.

I'll do more as vision allows or you can have it now and do the final touches yourself.  I have not put in the garden or kids playground yet.  I'm thinking garden to the right of the house past the willow tree but don't know where to put the playground.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #1071 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
Wow, Joria! That lot is beautiful! My sims are gonna love it  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2012, 01:50:07 AM »
Seabody, I finished your house for the Emmings.
I just have to send the building inspector in. If it passes the test, I should be able to upload sometime this afternoon or evening.

Here is the back view where you can actually see some of the house - Note that even though those rooms look empty, they are furnished. It's something to do with the way it's built, it messes with how things are viewed (or it could be my graphics settings lol).

This is JD from across the road. Once he saw the builders leave, he decided to pop over for a spot of fishing.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2012, 01:57:25 AM »
Now that looks cool.  ;D I can't wait to play it.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »
grrr, Bit of a delay. The house didn't pass inspection. A few small things I missed are easy to fix ie. a bit of painting and a few light fixtures. But there seems to be a huge problem with Hamish's bedroom. Every time JD (the building inspector) lays on the bed, he can't move when he gets up and if he can move, he sinks into the lower level shortly after :o I need to change some things around, but I have a feeling it may be the pond above his room. If that's the case, I'm going to have to seriously test the guest bedroom again as it is also under a pond. It might come down to rearranging that floor plan a bit, but luckily, I have some room where I can relocate the rooms to.
So for now, here's a teaser in the form of the dining room.

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »
Hello, I'm BlazeGirl and I'm a terrible builder. :-[ On that happy note, I am possibly starting a story soon, and I would like to request a house. I know, it's a monster of a project, and I will be very happy if anyone decides to take this on. Thanks in advance to whoever does, and let me know if you have any questions.

Description: I would like a large, one-story Japanese-style house, with plenty of windows and space as well as peaceful-looking landscaping. I'd like the house to have a martial arts garden, a swimming pool, some ponds, a patio meant for parties, an indoor hot-tub/relaxation area, and a large empty indoor room with room for a bar and a karaoke machine, in case I get LN or Showtime later on.
Bedrooms: I know this is a tall order, but I'd like 8 (the family will have a lot of guests). The “master suite”, so to speak, would be for a girl who is a major diva, so preferably big, with a double bed, and something that would suit a pop idol, with lots of turquoise incorporated into it. The second bedroom is for a couple who likes slightly...classier accommodations, decorated in red and blue. The third bedroom is for a couple as well; they like traditional Japanese style (like in the rest of the house) and pink and purple. The fourth bedroom is for a pair of boy/girl twins; they both like yellow and toys. They're teenagers, but both have the Childish trait, so yeah. The fifth bedroom can be a grey and white bedroom that fits in with the rest of the house décor (not the other bedrooms, LOL). The sixth bedroom...is going to be a little crazy, I know. One girl is a rock star, who likes black and yellow, and the other is kind of an alien, who likes red, white, and blue. The seventh bedroom is just a typical bedroom for two teenage girls, one likes pink and the other likes green. For the final bedroom, a simple guest room with a double bed that fits in with the general theme of the house would be fine. One last thing, two single beds each for the fourth through seventh bedrooms, please. Okay, you can breathe now, sorry about that. ;)
Bathrooms: Ensuite for all the bedrooms with double beds (master suite, second, third, and eighth bedrooms). For the other four bedrooms, I'm fine with two bedrooms sharing a bathroom. I don't think it will need any more than that.
Price: No limit! (that's what cheats are for)
Content: I have Ambitions, WA, Generations, Pets, and OLS, as well as most of the free store content. I will also buy the Japanese Inspired Living Set, and would prefer if you used it in the house.
Lot size: 60x60, please. I'm not sure how much space all this will take.
Extra Notes:
-Please make sure there is plenty of space to move around; a lot of Sims will be living here, and pathing issues drive me crazy.
-I'd like to have a logic study, a regular study, and a laundry room in addition to the rooms I mentioned earlier plus the regular rooms in the house (dining room, kitchen, living room).
-Feel free to do the kitchen and dining and living rooms however seems best to you, as long as the whole house has a general Japanese feel to it (and I won't notice if you use some Chinese stuff in there too, I can't really tell the difference, at least when it comes to furnishings).

Thank you SO much to whoever is brave enough to take on this monster of a project. I know it will take a while, and I'm fine with that; I'm not in any rush to get it. I would build it myself, but a) as I said before, I'm a terrible builder, and b) I don't have that much patience with building. Thank you again, I love the houses I've seen on here so far!

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1076 on: April 16, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »
Yay, I worked out the problems with your house Seabody.  The problem was the pond above, so instead of removing the pond, I demolished that little bit of basement and relocated a few rooms. This version has been extensively tested and passed, so I'm happy to upload now.
You can find it here and more pics in my Gallery

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #1077 on: April 16, 2012, 03:10:46 AM »
Could someone make me a Simple Immortal dynasty home?
I only have vanilla game and ambitions.
Store content- futureshock bedroom and not so routine machine.

Thanks all
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1078 on: April 16, 2012, 04:42:55 AM »
Could someone make me a Simple Immortal dynasty home
only have vanilla game and ambitions
store content- futureshock bedroom and not so routine machine

Thanks all

If you are playing an immortal dynasty you have to do all the building yourself. Of course you are free to ask someone to make one for you but you would not  be eligible for the hall of fame if you use a house that someone else built.
Here is the relevent rule:

Pre-built houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.

I just didn't want you to fail on something really simple like this.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #1079 on: April 16, 2012, 04:47:16 AM »
If you are playing an immortal dynasty you have to do all the building yourself. Of course you are free to ask someone to make one for you but you would not  be eligible for the hall of fame if you use a house that someone else built.
Here is the relevent rule:

Pre-built houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.

I just didn't want you to fail on something really simple like this.

Rachel

Ok thanks
" With great power, comes great responsibility"