Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 774764 times)

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #900 on: January 03, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Mistletoe143

« Reply #901 on: January 04, 2012, 02:49:11 AM »
I have a huge request that I am hoping that a few builders can take on.  I would like to update France / Egypt / China in my game with several community lots that feature the items from the later expansions / stuff packs / store content.  I have all EPs, SPs, and some store content, including some premium content items and all Asian items.  The community lots have to be on smaller to medium flat lots so I can find space for them in the WA destinations and I would like them to blend in with the surroundings / theme.  My main reason for this request is so once my simmies get a vacation home, they will have something else to do on holiday.  Here are the community lots that I would like to have:

small fitness gym with public pool & hot tub (hot tub can be from Outdoor Living)

small community garden

children's playground (park featuring Generations, Town Life, children's store items)

laundromat (featuring Ambitions, Town Life & store laundry content)

community recreation center (featuring skill objects from Ambitions & chemistry set from Generations, possibly children's store items, premium content)

a junkyard

1-2  Late Night night club/bar/lounge--builder's preference (I plan to request 1-2 Showtime clubs when the EP comes out in March too to showcase that EP's items in the WA locations)

Finally, I love spiral staircases, so I would like to see them in the community lots.  I'm most eager to have the Late Night club, laundromat, and children's playground for each location.  Everything else is icing on the cake.

Thank you to anyone willing to take on this challenge.

Diana   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #902 on: January 04, 2012, 03:18:25 AM »
Diana, danefaith has already made a bunch of Late Night bars for the vacation spots. You can download them here:)

Mistletoe143

« Reply #903 on: January 04, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »
Thank you for the LN clubs link!  That certainly takes one building type off my list!  I'm so happy to have this--thank you!  Thank you!  --Diana

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #904 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
Diana I would love to try my hand at this.  I would build "in situ" so you would know exactly where each place was and not have to worry about placing things.

One suggestion I would make is in France there is the Abandoned Nectary.  I used that to make a lovely, castlelike home but each time I look at it I see so much more!  I see a place to stay, to fish, to play, (both children and adults), to have a garden to pretty much do it all.  This would be an excellent spot for a community recreation center, even though it is out of the way.  What do you think?  This is the building I mean.  The gardens and such and a lot more remodeling was done by me.  Can't get close enough in this shot to really show you but it gives an idea.  There is a charming building out back that would be perfect for children's rest area and such and skilling could easily be done in the garage, (which is what it is in my picture).

So spiral stairs in it though but the elevators work fine.  Spiral stairs are lovely but there is often serious traffic issues with them.  Sims get stuck if there is more than one trying to use the stairs.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Mistletoe143

« Reply #905 on: January 06, 2012, 01:54:20 AM »
Hi Joria,

Oh, I would love this for my France!  You are amazing at this!  I'm stunned at the pic!  The Abandoned Nectary is actually one of the lots that I would love to be remodeled in my game.  That one, and the house with the tower (maybe another night club for that one?), the house overlooking the river on the wooden stilts and the castle one.  France is better for remodeling and remaking because there are so many possibilities with the various homes and empty lots.  I love China the best because it is so pretty to me, but that will prove to be the hardest because of the landscape and fewer available lots.

I'm so grateful that you are willing to take this challenge on and I love the idea of changing the Abandoned Nectary to a community recreation center.  That's such a wonderful idea!  I like pretty lots, so it's always been sort of stuck there forgotten by me as I would never use it for a vacation home.  I wish I had an artistic eye and could envision creative lots for my sims, but that's not my talent.

Thank you, Joria.  I appreciate your creativity and your willingness to help.

Diana   :)

P.S.  I'm so excited about this!  I just wanted to add that even though I didn't initially request this, I always thought that the castle should be remodeled into another museum for France, because there has been so many items added in the later EPs that would be nice to showcase them in a beautiful museum there.  In particular, I've always been intrigued with the idea of displaying  the ice sculptures--there are so many possibilities for different themed rooms in a museum--it could be quite a creative undertaking, but I am putting it out there as a possible idea for you or another builder.  Thank you!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #906 on: January 06, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Not to take this away from Diana.  I have a museum that it maybe 1/3 finished.  I started it for Union Cove but it contained items from the WA worlds that would have made it unusable for challenges, so I had to start over.  I think I built a museum more times than any other build in UC!  Anyway, this museum has several different floors, each floor is for one world or one theme.  The Egypt world floor has mummy cases, (of course, lol), and several other items, China has a terracotta statue, there is a children's section, a technology section and a garden with a lot of mini-mazes and a coffee bar.  The problem is it is an immense build.  (Do I ever build small?  S'rsly.)  It will eat up memory and strain your graphics card to the max, but oh it is fun to work in!  I'll finish it and share it in the Showboat thread and then if anyone wants it they can let me know and I'll post it in the Swap Shop.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline 17mars

• Nooboo
« Reply #907 on: January 06, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »
I have a request if there are any builders out there who are willing. I would like a residential lot with a spacious furnished home on it - either 1 or 2 bedrooms and a big kitchen. Outside, I would like an area for a horse to live and play in and a very large area for gardening that is somehow fenced off or enclosed to protect it from deer. The sim I plan to put in this home has a green thumb and does a lot of planting. A pool is not necessary. I like all the higher end sort of appliances and things.
Theme-wise- I was hoping for something a little old-world, stone, timbered or cottage-y, rather than a western-style ranch. That's why I'm not using something from Appaloosa Plains.
A French farmhouse, Tudor cottage or anything like that would be fine.
I have WA, HEL, AMB,FL, LN, GEN, PETS. I also have 3 store sets- The Castle set, Full Regal Living and Storybook but would prefer not to have to purchase anything additional or add any outside CC unless I have to.

If anyone would like to take this on I would be greatly appreciative. I have so little free time that when I do get a few moments I like to play with my sims and not worry about building, furnishing and decorating.
Thanks! from Mars

Mistletoe143

« Reply #908 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »
Not to get totally off-topic, but I am just like Mars--I have so little free time that I just like to play the sims and not have to worry about building, decorating, etc.  Also, it never seems "right" when I do try to build or remodel something--I don't have the patience for it or the knack for it either.  Just like cooking, I can follow a recipe but it never tastes right--I am definitely not a natural-born cook...  So, I appreciate this request thread because I love discovering things in-game.  That's why I was so upset with Barnacle Bay not having seeds--it's no fun to hunt for the seeds when you have to place them all in the game!  I like little mystery.   :)

CGrouse

« Reply #909 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
I hope I do this right.... I apologize if I mess up somewhere....

I would love if someone could build me a house for my sim... She is a single mother of 5 children and they have 2 dogs.

I would like this house to be all one story (a basement is fine for a nectar/collections area). I would like at least 4 bedrooms, a bedroom for her, a bedroom for her toddler, one for two children, and one for two teenagers. Possibly a separate room for the teenagers but not necessary if it doesn't fit... My sim makes her money gardening, she also loves to cook. She spends a lot of time exploring in the other countries and completing adventures... so a room to display her collections would be wonderful. All of my sims are very earth friendly so a large garden and perhaps a decent amount of foliage in the house would be great. I'd love at least 2 preferably 3 bathrooms, and a laundry room. My sim has also taken up a hobby of trying to make nectar so a place for this would be wonderful. And of course a spot for their dogs to sleep (doesn't need to be a separate room, perhaps an area in the laundry room). Two of her children love to read, and the others spend a fair amount of time reading as well... so a reading area or at least a bookcase is appreciated. Price is not an issue for my sim, but they do like a home that isn't cluttered.

Overview:
Bedrooms: 4-5
Bathrooms:2-3
Other rooms: Laundry room, Nectar Cellar, Collections area, Reading Area (if possible)
Extras: Garden, Indoor Foliage (may combine into an open area garden somewhere connected to the house
Lot size: Any is fine
Price cap: No price cap
Extra Content: WA, HELS, Amb, FLS, OLS, NL, Gen, Pets, Free Store Content

If you need any more info please let me know :)
And thank you in advance for anyone willing to try this!

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
cgrouse - if you can wait few days, I'll put to the Swap shop  my villa. There is everything what you need. I must finish the basement.Maybe you like it.

CGrouse

« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
Agneza - Yes I would love to see it! And I'm definitely willing to wait :) Thank you so much!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #912 on: January 11, 2012, 06:27:24 AM »
Mistletoe I'm sorry but your build is going to be very late for you.  I'm involved in Metro's challenges and it's taking a lot longer than I expected on my very slow pc.  If you want someone else to take up your challenge it's ok, if you can wait I am still willing to work on it.  Just didn't want you wondering what was taking me so long!  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Mistletoe143

« Reply #913 on: January 11, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
Hi Joria,

It's not a problem.  I actually haven't been simming with the game these past for few days, so slow is very good and fine with me.  No worries.

Finally, I hope that Metro's challenges aren't too "challenging."  LOL.  Have fun building.  :)

diana

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #914 on: January 13, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
I'd like to make a request:

I need a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house, not including a room for a butler, and a nursery separately. (please have 3 cribs in the nursery) It is for a celebirty couple, so go as sky-high in price as you want. Everything should be very modern and expensive. I have all EPs and all SPs except for TLS. The lot size should be anything 40x40 and under, but if you go a little over 40x40 that's fine. Oh, and I also need an okay to show it in a story of mine.

Thank you!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

anything