Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428835 times)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #870 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
When you wonder what cheat that the builder of that house(in real life) used because you thought you couldn't do that with cheats in the sims 3!

Ditto! Hahahahaha...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
I am now seized with the desire to roast a banana--also to east vanilla ice cream--but I can't do either one  :-\ oh well.

Roasting them are simple. You know to remove them from the fire when they start excreting boiling sap out the bottom end. It is delicious.
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #872 on: October 12, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »
Oh it's not that I don't know how, (although I didn't, thank you) I just don't have bananas or a barbecue.  ;D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #873 on: October 12, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
Oh it's not that I don't know how, (although I didn't, thank you) I just don't have bananas or a barbecue.  ;D

Well that puts a damper on things. Now I may roast a banana though  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #874 on: October 12, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
Maybe I'll tell my brother about that. He used to love fried bananas. Roasted ones sound like a healthy alternative. I personally hate that fruit and forbid my sims from growing those disgusting yellow pods, but each to his own.

When you look at the houses when you drive by and analyze what combination of roof types are used.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #875 on: October 12, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
When you're reading a book of Fractured Fairy Tales and find yourself pondering over what traits Little Red Riding Hood should have.

By samoht04

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
Ever seen Hoodwinked? That was one unexpected set of personalities!

You just know you're playing too much Sims when you start regarding a dry mouth, empty stomach and sore eyes after playing as normal...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #877 on: October 13, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »
I loved Hoodwinked. Haha I am such a big fan of fractured fairy tales and genre shifts.

When the worst possible thing that can happen to you is the game not saving after you do something important.

By samoht04

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #878 on: October 13, 2012, 05:47:15 AM »
…When you play it for the first time in months and still don’t have any good ideas.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #879 on: October 13, 2012, 07:03:17 AM »
mmm roasted bananas - have to try that! I'll probably either wait til we are out camping next, or til my parents have a bon fire. I'll top it with icecream and fire-melted/roasted marshmallows. They're actually a herb, rather than a fruit - so that explains why they are so different. In the meantime I'll let my sims roast some on the firepit :D I wonder if I can deep fry them...

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #880 on: October 13, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »
I loved Hoodwinked. Haha I am such a big fan of fractured fairy tales and genre shifts.

When the worst possible thing that can happen to you is the game not saving after you do something important.

In primary school we had a class where our teacher was generally absent. So we held twisted-up play versions of popular fairytales for the class, lol! I remember one where Little Red Riding Hood rode off into the sunset with the woodsman on the back of his Harley... And the three little pigs seemed more evil than the wolf! Mind you, I've never thought of wolves as evil.

And um... The saving thing... Yeah... *Extremely sad face*

Leto85

« Reply #881 on: October 13, 2012, 07:16:57 AM »
In primary school we had a class where our teacher was generally absent. So we held twisted-up play versions of popular fairytales for the class, lol! I remember one where Little Red Riding Hood rode off into the sunset with the woodsman on the back of his Harley... And the three little pigs seemed more evil than the wolf! Mind you, I've never thought of wolves as evil.

And um... The saving thing... Yeah... *Extremely sad face*

Little Red Riding Hood, is that how it's called in English? How funny, these translations must have gone through deaf people ears because it came here known as simple 'Roodkapje', or 'Red Cap', to translate it back. I like Little Red Riding Hood better.
But where did the 'riding' came from?

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #882 on: October 13, 2012, 07:18:17 AM »
mmm roasted bananas - have to try that! I'll probably either wait til we are out camping next, or til my parents have a bon fire. I'll top it with icecream and fire-melted/roasted marshmallows. They're actually a herb, rather than a fruit - so that explains why they are so different. In the meantime I'll let my sims roast some on the firepit :D I wonder if I can deep fry them...

The skin is insanely hot when done, but you still can't eat it, so be careful when peeling... It is the ultimate camping treat though. You know you play too much Sims when you are having daily forum binges to fix your need because your game hasn't been working for two weeks...

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #883 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »
Little Red Riding Hood, is that how it's called in English? How funny, these translations must have gone through deaf people ears because it came here known as simple 'Roodkapje', or 'Red Cap', to translate it back. I like Little Red Riding Hood better.
But where did the 'riding' came from?

She rides a bicycle. And Afrikaans also only says "Red Little Hood", or "Rooikappie".

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #884 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
She rides a bicycle. And Afrikaans also only says "Red Little Hood", or "Rooikappie".

I think it is just the name given to a cape with a hood because ladies wore that style attire when riding in a horse carriage about the time the story was published in the 1600's.  Bicycles were invented about 200 years later.

You definitely know you've been playing sims too much when you put all your family to bed and think as it's 11:20 pm I should go to bed too so you quit the game only to find it's just 10:00 pm.  So you just cruise the boards instead! ::)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

anything