Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705896 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2280 on: March 30, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
@CynKuy 

Woot, woot! Congratulations on your first immortal!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2281 on: March 30, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »
My founder, Chef Svensk, just ate his first ambrosia.  ;D

Congratulations. *blows a loud party noise maker* :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2282 on: March 31, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
A ton of questions coming. I'm needing something to get me into Sims 4 and I'm hoping this is it, as I spend most of my time -playing Sims 3.

So, first question...
  • School-aged Heirs cannot miss school.

I thought this got removed?  I do see the rule about needing the aspiration and the grade both for extra museum peices got added.

How do you have kids not miss school while they are on vacation? I thought when they went to Granite Falls they auto-got off days and you couldn't send them?

Once you have your immortal eat ambrosia for the first time, can you then put a death flower or flowers in their inventory so there is no accidental deaths?

It's five gold metal parties per immortal, yes?

What's everyone's take on which is better, lot traits or club perks? I'm leaning towards lot trait, but then you can't change it, can you later change club perks (as in start a new club and get a new perk for that club?)?

Another tip I could use help with (what everyone has found most useful) is the aspirations. I know several aspirations require you to reach a milestone in a career, are there enough that I won't have to be hopping from career to career (careers and me and Sims 4 are not on friendly terms, I have only maxed out a career out a couple times in all the time of owning the game since release. I just can't seem to do well with careers)? Also, any tips on maxing out careers easily enough, or is it normal for a sim to nearly be dead at 90 days (or whatever Sims 4 is) before they max out their career? I do the requirements, I do the daily tasks, and I have them in the right mood (all needs green) but I just can't fanaggle careers that well.

Not as many questions as I thought. :D

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2283 on: March 31, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »
Oh, just remembered one more. I can fill up Newcrest with EA made lots (even found on the gallery under the maxis EA ID), just not delete any lots in other worlds to change them to something else, correct?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2284 on: March 31, 2017, 08:36:33 PM »
A ton of questions coming. I'm needing something to get me into Sims 4 and I'm hoping this is it, as I spend most of my time -playing Sims 3.

So, first question...
  • School-aged Heirs cannot miss school.

I thought this got removed?  I do see the rule about needing the aspiration and the grade both for extra museum peices got added.

How do you have kids not miss school while they are on vacation? I thought when they went to Granite Falls they auto-got off days and you couldn't send them?

They can go to Granite Falls on the weekend, but they won't automatically get off for vacation.

Once you have your immortal eat ambrosia for the first time, can you then put a death flower or flowers in their inventory so there is no accidental deaths?

You can, but death flowers don't have the same effect in TS4.

It's five gold metal parties per immortal, yes?
Yes.

What's everyone's take on which is better, lot traits or club perks? I'm leaning towards lot trait, but then you can't change it, can you later change club perks (as in start a new club and get a new perk for that club?)?

You can't change clubs and the club perks either. I don't know what to suggest, but you might look in the Hints and Tips thread.

Another tip I could use help with (what everyone has found most useful) is the aspirations. I know several aspirations require you to reach a milestone in a career, are there enough that I won't have to be hopping from career to career (careers and me and Sims 4 are not on friendly terms, I have only maxed out a career out a couple times in all the time of owning the game since release. I just can't seem to do well with careers)? Also, any tips on maxing out careers easily enough, or is it normal for a sim to nearly be dead at 90 days (or whatever Sims 4 is) before they max out their career? I do the requirements, I do the daily tasks, and I have them in the right mood (all needs green) but I just can't fanaggle careers that well.

The Connections reward starts your Sim at level 4 and heirs that graduate with an A in high school start at level 3 of a career, which can help with their progress. For the time being, I'd recommend avoiding the doctor career (GTW) as it's bugged.

Not as many questions as I thought. :D
[/quote]
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2285 on: March 31, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
Thank you so much for the answers @MarianT! :) I'll avoid the doctor career for sure (With the way EA fixes bugs, it might be bugged for a while. I think I recall the detective career is bugged, too? Something about suspect descriptions?) I'll definitely save up for that reward and keep it in mind about grades (my kids usually do well in school, no problems).

I'll check out that thread, too! Tips and tricks is exactly what I'm looking for! :D

Thanks again! :)

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2286 on: March 31, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »
One more. I've read several different challenge rules here on the site over the last couple days trying to settle on a challenge to do, so I can't recall where I found this rule and if it applies here (figures I can't find it again, now)... are the emotional lamps (rewards from owning Sims 3) outlawed in this Dynasty?

I have another question, and I'll just add it to this one, since I'm already blowing up the boards with questions... I added up the rewards that are NOT potions... there are only 30, yet 4 unique rewards for 8 sims is 32. We have to use potions, too, as a unique reward? So no wiggle room there, at all?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2287 on: April 01, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
@WriterJunkie: The emotional lamps are fine.

Potions count as a unique reward too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2288 on: April 01, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
Is there an immortal dynasty sharing board? I thought I'd be fun to share a bit where my founder is at and my thoughts on the challenge and whatnot (which is not an easy challenge, is it! :D ) I've looked around the boards, but I couldn't find any spot like that.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2289 on: April 02, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
Is there an immortal dynasty sharing board? I thought I'd be fun to share a bit where my founder is at and my thoughts on the challenge and whatnot (which is not an easy challenge, is it! :D ) I've looked around the boards, but I couldn't find any spot like that.

You can use the story board for challenges. Some people write in great detail; others just share what's going on in their attempt.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2290 on: April 09, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
I know we can add microphones, easels, etc to EA lots, can we add the huge Arcade game and gamer pad thing to the Bowling Alley?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2291 on: April 09, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »
I know we can add microphones, easels, etc to EA lots, can we add the huge Arcade game and gamer pad thing to the Bowling Alley?

Sure, that fits the venue.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2293 on: April 16, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »
Can we become PlantSims?
Cynthia

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat