Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707535 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2250 on: March 16, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
This has probably been answered before but I need to know about the birthday party thrown by heirs to qualify for gold parties.  Sorry for the run-on sentence.  There is no host specified, there is a birthday Sim, Guests, Mixologist, and Caterer.  I don't want to age up my Founder or Heir now so where would the Founder need to be included?  Thanks for helping me.  :-\
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2251 on: March 16, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
It is possible to age up someone other than the designated birthday Sim at a birthday party. I think several people did that for the first challenge we did in the Tournament this year.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2252 on: March 16, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »
Wouldn't it be if the founder/heir was the person who called in the party (even though there are no birthday hosts) it would count for them having "hosted" the party for the requirement?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2253 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
This has probably been answered before but I need to know about the birthday party thrown by heirs to qualify for gold parties.  Sorry for the run-on sentence.  There is no host specified, there is a birthday Sim, Guests, Mixologist, and Caterer.  I don't want to age up my Founder or Heir now so where would the Founder need to be included?  Thanks for helping me.  :-\

I'm not sure if this will help answer your questions.

Also: to get the gold medal for a party, does the hier have to plan the social event?
Yes.

does the heir also need to be the one the party's for (like birthday parties)
No.

@MarianT @Ricalynn @MissZoef
This is from the Actual Rules:

No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes (or bassinets aging up for babies) can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.

So we can't age up anyone outside of the dynasty household. So make sure if you throw a Birthday Party for Gold, that your Heir is Hosting it for someone that lives inside the household.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2254 on: March 16, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
Got it.  Heir or Founder uses phone to plan social event with a household member as Birthday Sim on their birthday.
Cynthia

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #2255 on: March 18, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »
On the Skill Boosting Lot Traits list there is a skill-boosting trait missing.  It is called the Home Studio and affects the writing, painting and handiness skills.
Cynthia

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2256 on: March 18, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »
On the Skill Boosting Lot Traits list there is a skill-boosting trait missing.  It is called the Home Studio and affects the writing, painting and handiness skills.
Does that affect the skilling activity or just the quality of the results?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2257 on: March 18, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
Does that affect the skilling activity or just the quality of the results?

@oshizu  @CynKuy
It helps with the skilling, I have it for my dynasty and they skill faster for those skills listed.

Home Studio is more of a quality trait

What is does:

It would seem that Sims are more likely to get artsy whims in a home with this lot trait. It also raises the effective skill level of Sims using related arts skills - this means that at level 3, you could be functioning like a level 7 in terms of putting out high quality objects.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2258 on: March 18, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Need a ruling on my dynasty.  I started playing it again recently, and have a club that has both Wellness skill boost and Charisma skill boost enabled.  I was going over the rules changes, and noticed that this has been made illegal.  Do I need to start a new club, or may I continue with the one I have?  I'd be losing a lot of work/points, outside of skill boosts the club is pretty much fully upgraded, and this rule change occurred after I had made those purchases.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2259 on: March 18, 2017, 09:26:00 PM »
@dethdukk   See bolded text

BIG CHANGES ** PLEASE READ **

Lot Traits & Club Perks Rules

Lot Traits Route -- Only one skill boosting lot trait allowed, the other 2 spots can be empty or any non-skill boosting lot traits.  Once all the traits are chosen, they must remain the same for the rest of the dynasty.
Club Perks Route -- Only one adult skill boosting club perk allowed, no limit on other perks.
CHOOSE: Lot Traits OR Club Perks, cannot have both.  No changes once you pick a route, must remain the same route for the entire dynasty.
You may opt to not choose either route, this means NO club perks and only allowed to have non-skill boosting lot traits.

*** NOTE *** If you have already used multiple club perks skill boosts, don't worry you are still qualify for HOF status.  Go with the club perks route and keep all the skill boosts you have, you are exempt from the one skill boosting club perk rule.  If you rather go lot traits, disband and delete your club.

REMEMBER if you are not aiming for Hall of Fame, none of these applies to you as you can do whatever you want in your dynasty.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2260 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
@Ricalynn

I'm apparently blind and didn't see that.  Thanks for the quick response!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2261 on: March 18, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »
I didn't see it the first time either so don't feel bad!   Good luck getting back into the challenge!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2262 on: March 20, 2017, 08:05:56 PM »
Need another ruling on my dynasty...  Ran into an odd glitch.  I aged up my teen into a YA about 3 sim-days ago, and at that time her age bar appeared fine.  Since then, I've been using the wishing well to ask for promotions and gotten her pregnant, and at some point along that way her age bar went sparkly, like she's ready to age up into adult.  I'm unsure if I should continue on with this game as is, or revert to an earlier save where the glitch hasn't happened. 

I'm okay with either way, as I don't believe I'll need the 17 days I've lost on her lifespan to finish the requirements, but I will lose about 3 hours of game play if I have to revert (my fault for not saving more often).  Thanks in advance!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2264 on: March 20, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
@sdhoey She is still pregnant yes.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

anything