Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707937 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »
Hehe! Grats on that stroke of luck, MissZoef.  ;D I can imagine that was a nail biter for a little while.

Thanks Metro! It sure was :P I must say I have a good working strategy going on now for completing the requirements. Although I must say it gets definately harder with more sims. Making sure everyone stays alive and does everything they need is a lot of work and you need to stay on your toes. But so far so good! I hope to complete the dynasty before the challenges in 2015. Not sure if I will be able to, but we'll see.  ;D

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »

Thanks Metro! It sure was :P I must say I have a good working strategy going on now for completing the requirements. Although I must say it gets definately harder with more sims. Making sure everyone stays alive and does everything they need is a lot of work and you need to stay on your toes. But so far so good! I hope to complete the dynasty before the challenges in 2015. Not sure if I will be able to, but we'll see.  ;D

What are your strategies, if you don't mind sharing? This is my first attempt and it's been going so slow because I don't know what I should do when

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2014, 02:07:21 AM »
SGNPU25: Well, what has worked for me so far is that I started off with the founder maxing the cooking, gourmet cooking and gardening skill. This is pretty logical since you need to lvl cooking and gourmet cooking to lvl 10 for ambrosia. I made her traits creative, genius and something else (forgot the last one) and her aspirations were master chef and botanicus thing. Sorry if I don't translate everything correctly. I have my sims in another language than English. I gave here the cooking career as well.
What I noticed is that at the moment you are in an inspired mood and start making meals, your cooking levels incredibly fast. (that's why I picked the creative trait). Also the focused mood is good for gardening and things like fishing etc. From day one I bought seeds for my garden and planted like 12 of them, so that she had to take care of her garden every day and level her gardening skills. She needed to get to lvl 7 anyway to be able to make a death flower plant. I got her switching between the two aspirations (depending on what she was doing) and this made those go pretty quickly as well. Another important thing is to start moving other sims in at a later age. At least that makes it easier in my opinion. I had her meet someone and let them live together when she had become an adult. So all the time before that she could focus on all her tasks. Also I did wait a while before getting her pregnant, since it makes it harder too.
Also I made the sleeping potion a thing all the sims can use, so not a unique requirement. I made fish the museum pieces since she needed to fish as well for angelfish (again for the ambrosia).
She had a lot of nights that she stayed up to work on things and this makes it much more doable in my opinion. :)

With the second generation, I had the child complete the Whiz kid aspiration and I believe this gives you the fast reader trait? and I made him also a genius and a nerd or something. Because of the aspirations is choose (also something like whizz kid and angler) he got the quick learner trait too. So he levels quite faster than normal sims. His 3 max skills are handiness, fishing and the one you get from playing chess end such (can't think of the name right now). So made him all about skills he could level with the focused mood. Also I gave him the unique reward of reading books faster, so he could level quicker. Used the sleeping potions on him as well. I gave him the astronaut career and at a later point you unlock a drink at the bar that gives you energy too (not full, but quite a lot) and this is handy for later generations as well.
I start with the aspirations and the levelling, get a spouse at adult stage and start with birthday party (since you they age up anyway and the gold medal for date (when they are already together, so you can both tell them what to do) and the wedding one (I do that at their own house and make sure everything is there). Then it just leaves me with two other parties and those are done pretty easy. I always make sure that every household member is home at parties since that makes the tasks 10 times easier. I made the museum pieces of the second generation pickings from the garden.

Now that the founder is done with the requirements and the second generation as well. I just let them take care of the ambrosia requirements. Make them fish, take care of the garden and complete as much whims and other things to give them those points to buy life positions. I have a storage room on my lot where I keep all the ingredients.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do the third generation yet, still thinking about it. I hope this gives you some useful information. I didn't plan it ahead that much to be honest. :P

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »
Okay, Colt and Nina where arguing, She died from Cardiac Explosion. I had no clue that could happen.  ???

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »
Okay, Colt and Nina where arguing, She died from Cardiac Explosion. I had no clue that could happen.  ???

Yeah, it's like death from anger! Go Colt! lol. Hopefully it won't have too much of a negative impact on your dynasty.
<giggle> Can't help but be amused that this should happen due to Colt!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:08 PM »
I was trying to get him angry to fight for his aspiration but it was her that got angry!! Lol after grim reap, Colt went to talk to grim and grim freaked out and left. Lol

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2014, 04:31:42 PM »
Not sure if this has already been asked, but may we use the CAS full edit cheat to change a spouse's last name? Marriage doesn't change names anymore and I'd like to keep the Dynasty name alive throughout all 8 generations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
Can gen's two BFF be a friend of the founder? Or does the BFF need to be someone that no other immortal has claimed as a friend at all for ambrosia requirements?

I think I've got a problem. My second gen had made a childhood BFF for the social butterfly aspiration that was one of the founders claimed friends for ambrosia, well she's now an adult and that person is still her BFF...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »
@Playalot, I think you're okay, as long as your founder's BFF is not also your Gen 2's. I just looked at the rules, and the good friends don't have to be unique.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »
@ Marion T, whew, thanks, the more I read the rules, the more confused/despondent I became! My founders BFF is someone totally different (Alice Spender-Kim) who my gen 2 heir hardly knows.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2014, 08:51:04 AM »
Not sure if this has already been asked, but may we use the CAS full edit cheat to change a spouse's last name? Marriage doesn't change names anymore and I'd like to keep the Dynasty name alive throughout all 8 generations.

The decision we came up with is yes, you can use cheat to change the last name of the dynasty spouse, but you must do it as soon as possible. 

For those of you that already moved in their spouses, you have permission to change their last name now.  For future dynasty players, please change the spouse name as soon as they move in, no waiting.  The using cheat to change last name is of course optional, you do not have to do it if you don't want to.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2014, 10:19:46 AM »
*deep breathe* ugh!! I had just got Colt to level 9 in his career. Completed his second aspiration. He had 3 good friends!! Then as I'm going to save, my game crashed!!!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »
*deep breathe* ugh!! I had just got Colt to level 9 in his career. Completed his second aspiration. He had 3 good friends!! Then as I'm going to save, my game crashed!!!

Really bad luck

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:30 AM »

Really bad luck

Lol just my luck right?? Lol I walked away, had breakfast and bye I'm going back in. Hopefully I can get him completed today

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2014, 10:53:22 AM »
Lol just my luck right?? Lol I walked away, had breakfast and bye I'm going back in. Hopefully I can get him completed today

I lost some progress on sims 3 with that stuff happening, been lucky until now in sims 4.