Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705415 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2640 on: September 12, 2019, 08:41:34 PM »
@sdhoey

You might want to update this section:

Whichever world you end up choosing your choice is permanent — no moving after you set foot on your dynasty lot. Prebuilt houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.  With the addition of Newcrest, you are allowed to place "MAXIS CREATED" buildings (commercial and residential) in your dynasty.  Go into the gallery, look under "My library", the official maxis created buildings/houses will be in there.  You can also find more Maxis creation under "Community", with EA Account ID = MaxisCreator_01.

MaxisCreator_01 is now just Maxis on the gallery.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2641 on: September 12, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
Thank you @reggikko I remind myself to update and then forget. I will do that in a few. Thank you again

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2642 on: September 13, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »
ADDED:

Magical Artifacts to the List of Qualifying Museum Items

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2643 on: September 13, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »
Does the gender customization rule apply to sims we move in as well?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2644 on: September 13, 2019, 10:03:54 PM »
Does the gender customization rule apply to sims we move in as well?

Yes, The General Rules and Restrictions apply to all

"Gender changes: You're allowed to do any gender and/or gender customization change once during the teen or young adult stage."

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2645 on: September 15, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
ADDED:

The Vendor/Yardsale table is allowed

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2646 on: September 16, 2019, 02:29:55 AM »
Realm Of Magic:

ADDED:
Glimmerbrook Lot -- Rock Ridge Canyon to the list of Lots.

Rules: Pot
Spellcasters will be allowed to have a Familiar AFTER eating Ambrosia.

Potions:
  • Rejuvation BANNED
  • Immortality BANNED
  • Prompt Resurrection BANNED

Spells:
  • Nerco Call Banned
  • DeDeathify Banned

Okay, glad to see this list. Everything I predicted was banned accordingly. Also, you mispelled "Necrocall."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2647 on: September 16, 2019, 06:27:32 AM »
@MystiKitty I love auto correction. Will fix it when i get on my desktop. Thanks

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2648 on: September 21, 2019, 12:24:13 AM »
Hello challenge team!  I'm looking to (finally) finish my Immortal Dynasty.  I'd like to get a one time exception to move to a fresh lot, in one of the newer worlds.  My game was created when only the base game was out, and I believe that being able to get onto a new lot would help a lot with the lag and glitches that I've been experiencing.  Obviously, I would use one of the approved lots. 

To clarify, I'm asking for this so I will still be eligible for the Hall of Fame once the Dynasty completed.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2649 on: September 21, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
Hello challenge team!  I'm looking to (finally) finish my Immortal Dynasty.  I'd like to get a one time exception to move to a fresh lot, in one of the newer worlds.  My game was created when only the base game was out, and I believe that being able to get onto a new lot would help a lot with the lag and glitches that I've been experiencing.  Obviously, I would use one of the approved lots. 

To clarify, I'm asking for this so I will still be eligible for the Hall of Fame once the Dynasty completed.

I have no problem with this. Especially since you're experiencing technical issues.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2650 on: September 21, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »

I have no problem with this. Especially since you're experiencing technical issues.

I agree with metro. Good luck

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2651 on: September 21, 2019, 05:44:31 PM »
Hello again challenge team!  I looked through the rules, and the last few pages of the topic and don't see a ruling on this, so I'm going to ask:

Is buying Deathflowers and Angelfish from the magical stores banned?  I see that you can't clone them (but it specifies with the cloning machine, that should be updated) but there's no rule saying that the flowers and fish NEED to be fished/harvested naturally. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2652 on: September 21, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »
Hello again challenge team!  I looked through the rules, and the last few pages of the topic and don't see a ruling on this, so I'm going to ask:

Is buying Deathflowers and Angelfish from the magical stores banned?  I see that you can't clone them (but it specifies with the cloning machine, that should be updated) but there's no rule saying that the flowers and fish NEED to be fished/harvested naturally. 

Deathflowers have to be grown in so if you buy one, you have to plant it. To just go out an purchase the two items needed for ambrosia makes it too easy.  The same with the fish, they have to be caught by fishing.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2653 on: September 21, 2019, 05:58:33 PM »
ADDED:

Added this question to the FAQ Section:

Can I purchase Angelfish and Deathflowers for Ambrosia?
-- Yes and No ---- No, Angelfish must be caught via fishing by your sim. Yes, Deathflower can be purchased but it must be planted as a seed and grown in the garden.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2654 on: September 21, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »

Deathflowers have to be grown in so if you buy one, you have to plant it. To just go out an purchase the two items needed for ambrosia makes it too easy.  The same with the fish, they have to be caught by fishing.

Apologies to the others for making a challenge harder, but:  I feel it might be better to ban buying either of them outright, as most of the challenge in obtaining a deathflower is the plant splicing you have to do to obtain it.  Allowing people to buy and plant it from realms of magic will remove most/all of that process. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

anything