Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70205 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
Makes sense to me!  I was pretty sure this would be the case, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
Probably dumb question, does Uncomfortable count as an emotional whim if there is something you are given to do about it, like, take a bath or such?  I'm thinking not but just checking to be sure.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2019, 07:10:15 PM »
Probably dumb question, does Uncomfortable count as an emotional whim if there is something you are given to do about it, like, take a bath or such?  I'm thinking not but just checking to be sure.

No, it absolutely would count, Joria.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2019, 07:41:09 PM »
So currently you have to wait for the Heir to reach YA before you can move them out, but it's possible to finish your requirements with the current generation long before that.  In the interest of not having to wait around 20+ days for a sim to age up to Young Adult between each generation, would it be possible to change the ruling on aging up the heir early, and allow it if and only if all requirements for the previous generation have been met?

I'm like you @dethdukk - I like to finish the requirements (although I don't rush through them like a challenge) and then move on. With my first generation, my founder only had to throw 3 more parties when my heir aged to teen, and those could have easily been done by then, I just drew it out.  My teen heir had all positive trait values, was a Top Notch Toddler, and had completed all four child aspirations.  I didn't really want him to accomplish more, because that would just mean that he'd likely meet all his requirements sooner.  I had a few things I wanted to do in those last two weeks, but mostly I had the game on high speed and just let all the sims do whatever they wanted . . . .really fast . . . . for those last two weeks. I worked/played on my other computer and just kept an eye on them, and only intervened if a need was getting close to red.  :)  That helped get through the extra time fairly quickly.

I do really like this challenge, and find it really fun to play - the only part that doesn't appeal to me is all the extra time that isn't needed to meet the goals.  I'm trying to manage that better with the second generation - moving him much slower on the requirements and playing more to the story. But I did make a mistake right off with Gen 2 - I started playing to the story BEFORE getting started on the Gen 3 heir, and then realized that's just going to make more time at the end of this generation, so I'll probably be needing that speed option again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2019, 09:04:28 PM »
Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize?

I agree with Marian, Play -- let the game just randomize them. Forcing players to count days would kind of be a pain.

Yep, shame though as I like the challenge of min/maxing and the waiting around on each gen is just a no go for me. Was considering a play through where time was the factor in a 'win'. But it's a really great challenge regardless of my min/maxing compulsion.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2019, 11:07:15 PM »
@Metropolis Man :  thanks.  She got bee stung several times and finally spawned a take a bath for uncomfortable.  I've never seen this before.

@oshizu:  Me either.  But she spawned a take bath thing.  I'm not going to count it as there are so many other whims but it was interesting to see it crop up.

In general I like the slower pace, (if you make it that way), of dynasty play.  There are times, few and far between, where I hit speed but mostly I play on speed one or two.  I really don't want to miss anything they are doing and I often will on speed 3.  I don't often do challenges because they have to be faster and it makes it less fun for me, but I appreciate the challenges and often follow along with what folks are doing to win.  I have a general story line in mind and I try to follow that but often those guys lead me down a different path, which is perfectly ok.  I'm too much of a perfectionist to rush through anything anymore.  Comes with getting old I think.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »
@Metropolis Man, @sdhoey, @MarianT  : Ok, with latest Windows update all my save files for this dynasty were eaten alive.  There is nothing, not even the founder saved in my library, left.  Even Mrs. Flynn couldn't help.  So basically this is a fail, but the only fault I have is my stupidity in not making a second, back up file.  I don't want the story to end but I think I may have a way to salvage it without sending the original part to the Graveyard if the team will agree.  I propose evil happened, first family totally destroyed, BUT there was an unknown offshoot who produced over the centuries by means of Magic, (Yes, I'll have to use the new Magic stuff with my founder), the person who will resurrect the lineage and fulfill the quest by doing the Power of 10 Dynasty stuff.  So, what say you?  Do I just ditch the whole thing or give the story telling a whirl?

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2019, 11:38:25 PM »
What's One Drive?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
OneDrive is cloud file storage (Save files and photos to OneDrive and get them from any device, anywhere). - https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

The link above is informational. It tells about OneDrive and how to use it. I have it turned off. If you need support on it, please see link above.

What's One Drive?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »
Thank you.  Don't think I have it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
Well, obviously my question was a no brainer.  If your founder, spouse and heir are dead, (disappeared or whatever), the story is over.  I did find an obscure file with the founder's "body" in it before play.  Must have saved it in cas.  So I'm going to try a do over and see where it leads.  So please add Always Time for Tea to the graveyard and I will start A Fresh Brew if that is ok.  Thanks Team for your patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
Good luck with your next effort, Joria. :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
If it's already been discussed and I missed it, I apologize, but has there been a definitive ruling on Realm of Magic stuff.  Can our sims become spellcasters.  I haven't played the game much at all recently, but I would like to try this gameplay out with this.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2019, 08:25:37 PM »
We allow vampires. And I didn't see anything in the rules against buying stuff from the Magical Realm's shops. Generally speaking, in the Dynasty challenges, if it's not forbidden, it's allowed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2019, 07:31:18 PM »
So, I'm planning on having a go at this! It seems approachable enough for my first attempt at a dynasty, plus it's the hot new thing in terms of challenges - what's not to like? I've played a little dry run of a first generation, partly to get a handle on what I need to achieve, but mainly to acquaint myself with what normal gamespeed is like, and things went well enough. I mean, I didn't actually meet all the requirements in time, but that was only 'cause I knew I was only playing for the one gen...

Many of the questions that crossed my mind during the test have been asked and answered here before: spouses/spares can max anything, community lots can be lightly edited, life extension is permitted, festivals count separately for lot visits, gender customisation is fine, switchining aspirations for points is okay and clubs are allowed. Somewhat inevitably, though, I have new questions...

• Are there any restrictions on when a spouse can move into the household? Or, rather, can they move in the moment I'm sold on them becoming the spouse? Personally, I'm not likely to do so until they are formally dating my main sim, but I wouldn't mind knowing if it could be done earlier, just in case I find myself in circumstances where it might make sense...
  • Though the topic of "what lots can I add" has been brought up many times already, I'm here to dredge it back up again! Specifically, I had a crack at fleshing out Newcrest using the metric of "any Maxis lot that provides something the built-in ones elsewhere don't is allowed", and in amongst the spas and restaurants I found a pair of lots that occupy something of a grey area. Luxe Health Club, from the Spa Day pack, is listed as a gym but has plenty of spa equipment as well, and Vital Climb Gym... well, okay, it's a gym, and I really don't think it should count, but I was desperate enough for 40x30 lots that I justified its inclusion by it being the only Maxis lot to offer climbing walls and now I'd like someone to tell me that's a bit of a stretch...
  • When it comes to mods, I usually play with a few that don't affect gameplay and thus I would assume are okay: CleanUI (a return to the previous colour-coded one), Smaller Mosaic, TidyCAS, More CAS Columns and a handful of sliders for increasing the diversity of body shapes, facial details, height and so on. But then there are two others...
  • I like RoBurky's Fitness Controls since it gives you the power to change both the fat/muscle range for sims and their "metabolic rate", so to speak. By default, it slows things down, so that weight and muscle changes make a lot more sense when playing with long lifespans... or even normal ones, judging by my test game! As far as I know, sims' fat/muscle levels have no effect on the gameplay and are purely cosmetic; they're not even tied to the Fitness skill, I think, but since I'm not hugely experienced in the game's mechanics I'm willing to be corrected. The only thing I could think of was the Athletic aspiration and its goal of attaining "maximum body potential" - a little testing suggests this triggers when a sim reaches +80% muscle, so as long as the mod is set up to increase the range by more than the metabolic rate is lowered (which it is by default*), this goal will actually be harder to reach!
  • The other mod I use is, on the face of it, a no-go: MCCC. But, due to its modular nature, it's possible to strip out all of the game-changing stuff (story progression, automatic repopulation, etc.) while keeping the basics in play. The main feature I'd love to be able to keep is its autosave, but there's also the Dresser module that helps stops townies from being so unfashionable (though without the Population module I'm not sure how much it can do), aging and death notifications for NPCs ('cause I like to keep tabs on how the worlds are doing and it saves having to trawl the Unplayed Households list every now and again) and automatically pausing on arriving at a lot (because seriously). All that said, while I am reasonably confident in my ability to set the mod up so that it only does permissible things, you'd only have my word for it, and it's entirely possible that it'll act in ways that I can't anticipate or even see, so it would be entirely understandable if it were considered verboten. I probably wouldn't even ask after it if it weren't for that incredibly appealing autosave...
...that's an awful lot of text there, considering that none of my issues are all too big, so thanks in advance for any answers/counsel/healthy doses of realism!

(*specifically, a base-game percentage point is weighted by 4/7 and is covered at 1/3 of the rate, thus taking ~1.7x as long, and my current settings have the weighting as 2/3 and the rate as 2/5, which would be only marginally faster than that)

anything