Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906876 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #900 on: October 31, 2012, 01:27:02 AM »
Quick scenario here;

I have all life states turned on except for werewolf, and I want my witch founder to marry a werewolf. I'm starting in Moonlight Falls, but what I wanted to know is if anyone knew if with the werewolf lifestate turned off, will my founder have wereboos, or will there just be normboos and witchyboos?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #901 on: October 31, 2012, 01:54:32 AM »
Far as I know, your founder will be able to have wereboos, but there will be no other werewolves generated in game. I could be wrong, but that's what I see happening (especially since story progression doesn't bring townieboos around).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2012, 02:29:37 AM »
Far as I know, your founder will be able to have wereboos, but there will be no other werewolves generated in game. I could be wrong, but that's what I see happening (especially since story progression doesn't bring townieboos around).

That's what I think, too.  The game should still produce a baby werewolf from the parent, but the original werewolves at the start of the game will be all there will be.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #903 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:16 AM »
That's what I think, too.  The game should still produce a baby werewolf from the parent, but the original werewolves at the start of the game will be all there will be.

All I would really need is the wereboo heir, then I don't have to worry about glitched aging for spouses in life state dynasties, and my immortal dynasty won't have glitched aging townies there either, which on the whole. makes everything a lot easier.

Thanks for answering Shirin, Auntie Pam.  :)

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #904 on: October 31, 2012, 06:29:23 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

1) I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but I do recall a ruling that the acquisitions are not counted as career rewards, so it'd be the certificate and the fox. Since it wasn't given to you as part of the career, it was just your share of the loot.

2) I believe all of the dogs would need to come with him, but - how many cats is "several"? Remember, you can have up to 8 Sims, and up to 6 Pets, so long as the household total does not exceed 10. So if you already have 4 cats, you'd have an issue with the dogs.

Thanks!  ;D

1) Haha okay. I'm sure I read that at some point and promptly forgot it, since I hardly ever use the Criminal career. It's not really an issue anyway, I was just curious.

2) Three kitties, but I was planning on mating for baby meowfaces soon. Plus I have a problem with just putting pets up for adoption; I tend to get attached quickly, so even pets I don't particularly like end up sticking around forever/until I can move them out with a spare. I really wish we could adopt them out to other Sims instead of sending them into the adoption void. :'(

ETA: Maybe I'll just wait a few days to bring in the spouse, then. It doesn't take too long for the pups to disappear, right? *crosses fingers*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #905 on: October 31, 2012, 06:32:49 AM »
It shouldn't take too long for them to get adopted out.   Of course, if you want to speed it up - couldn't you just adopt one from the spouse to be and then put it up for adoption yourself before the attachment forms?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #906 on: October 31, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
It shouldn't take too long for them to get adopted out.   Of course, if you want to speed it up - couldn't you just adopt one from the spouse to be and then put it up for adoption yourself before the attachment forms?

It just makes me sad to put them up for adoption. I know they're just little pixel pups, but still. But no worries, it's been a couple of Sim days now and I think they should be gone..

Oh, and another question: Say you've completed all your tasks and you bring in the heir and life goes on for your little clan. What happens if a burglar comes and steals some of the things in your mausoleum from your completed generations? And then *gasp* gets away with it? (I have a bad habit of wandering away when my game is loading and coming back to discover that several hours have passed while I was gone. And since that's just me being stupid and not a glitch, I'd have to live with the consequences.) Can you just replace the replaceable things (skill items)? And I don't even know if burglars steal things like skill certificates or job rewards/trophies, but if so, what would you do about that? Or would you have failed?

I've already got my little security alarms all set up, but just on the off chance something happens.  ;)

But wait, do we actually have to be able to get into our mausoleum? Can I just build a basement, throw all my necessary items in, and never add stairs?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #907 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
The set up of your mausoleum is completely up to you.    I would say do everything that you can to prevent a burglar from being able to enter it if you want your Sims to be able to. Should it happen - come back to us and the challenge board team will figure out the best way to handle it.  Don't forget about lockable fences and doors.  Whether it's in the basement or somewhere else, I always put my items in a room with no doors just windows.  This way they are still viewable in a way but no one can get to them and mess with them. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #908 on: October 31, 2012, 03:47:22 PM »
I have all my stuff for my Immortal Dynasty in a basement that no one can access at all.  If you insist on being able to have your sims access it (Your Mausoleum), then put a Bonehilda or two in there so they beat up burglars. Alarms also help, one on your front door. Also: Genies can banish them as far as I know. GENIES!
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #909 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
Okay, so my heir is one day away from her teen birthday, and she got a school op from ballet. How am I supposed to complete it, though? There isn't an option at the school/stadium building to attend the recital. At what time should I send her over, if I can at all?

If she ages up on her birthday, she has to do it before 6PM. It's a full moon that night, and she's a werewolf. Wish me luck.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #910 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
Is this a combined school that you're going to?  Sorry it's late and I've been trick or treating for like 4 hours. 

If it's a combined school, then there is a high probability you'll never be able to complete it.   If it's not, you should see the little blue map tag with the white star at the school that is hosting the recital.  It should be able to click it during the hours right after school. 

Doh - just noticed you said school/stadium building.  Yeah you're not going to be able to complete it.  It's part of the combined rabbit hole bugs.  Go ahead and count it if you can't get it to work (you can always try!).  You also have permission to place another school in town for her to attend high school and for the next heir. 

Speaking of this bug, has anyone tried it in a new game in a new town to see if it's still going on post patch ?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #911 on: October 31, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
Alright. I wanted to stick it out with the Moonlight Falls rabbitholes because they're really gorgeous looking, but that might not work. I'll try my best with it, and place a new school in town as well. Thanks Rica. :)

It's fine to place a new lot for the school (and nab one of the schools from another town), instead of buying a lot and placing it there, right?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #912 on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
Yes you have permission to do that just this once.   Although, purchasing a lot and putting the school under ground would still leave the town beautiful but offer you the chance to actually survive the challenge.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #913 on: October 31, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but gen 2 was a ghost and gen 3 is a fairie, but also a ghost. Can I give gen 3 ambrosia when he's a child to cure his ghosty problem, or should I leave him as is until he gets his requirements finished?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #914 on: October 31, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
Ambrosia can extend life - even if you do it on their birthday, it's still considered a life extending technique so it's something that can't happen until after they've done all their requirements.