Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906254 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #870 on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »
Actually, after trying different saves and all of them failing, I tried just plain Save again and for some reason it worked this time! Crazy, huh? Anyway, I hope it keeps working! Wish me luck!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #871 on: October 30, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »
Hi everyone!  :D Longtime lurker here, but I've been having fun with the dynasty challenges (the Townie DecaDynasty is addicting) and decided to try my hand at this one now that I've got Supernatural.

I've got a couple of questions:

1) So I rolled an Evil fairy and promptly stuck her in the Criminal career. Her LTW is Emperor of Evil but I want to save Logic for another heir so I decided to make her max out the Criminal track first. As a reward for becoming a Bank Robber, she was allowed to keep an art piece (Smooth Jam in Three Parts) as an "acquisition." The question is, does this count as a career reward? Or is it just an incidental and I should only concern myself with the Golden Fox and the Athletic skill certificate?

2) My founder fell for her boss without any prompting from me (I think their mutual Commitment Issues brought them together lol) and I want to bring him into the household as soon as possible before anything happens to him (death, Elder-ness, Zombie-ness, etc). The thing is, he recently acquired a dog who gave birth to three puppies, which are currently up for adoption. If I move him in now, will all four dogs come along? Or just the mother? I already have several cats and I'd really hate to bring in all these dogs..

Thanks a bunch.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #872 on: October 30, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

1) I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but I do recall a ruling that the acquisitions are not counted as career rewards, so it'd be the certificate and the fox. Since it wasn't given to you as part of the career, it was just your share of the loot.

2) I believe all of the dogs would need to come with him, but - how many cats is "several"? Remember, you can have up to 8 Sims, and up to 6 Pets, so long as the household total does not exceed 10. So if you already have 4 cats, you'd have an issue with the dogs.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #873 on: October 30, 2012, 03:39:04 PM »
I'm wanting to move someone in as a wife for my teen heir. But she's an elder. Am I ok to move her in and give her a Young Again potion?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #874 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »
You would have to wait for your heir to be a young adult before you move her in. If you need to keep her alive, buy a tattoo chair or a makeover station and work some age-resetting magic. Or find a fountain of youth potion, so you can make her a young adult before moving her in.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #875 on: October 30, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
Will she live longer because she's a fairy? I know that YA and Adult fairies have extended lifespans but I'm not sure about Elders.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #876 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »
I know Vampires from Late Night didn't have the Elder stage extended, just YA and Adult.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #877 on: October 30, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
Go get a potion from the elixir shop to turn them into a YA or give them a makeover at the salon.  But you cannot move them in until the heir is a YA and it has to be the heir that invites them in.   Remember that.  Can't be his mom, his sister, his father, his uncle or his monkey.  It has to be the heir.   

There are plenty of ways to extend someone's life that are available in this dynasty. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #878 on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
t has to be the heir that invites them in.   Remember that.  Can't be his mom, his sister, his father, his uncle or his monkey.  It has to be the heir.   

I didn't know that. Thanks Rica. :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #879 on: October 30, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
In case you don't know,  there is currently a huge bug going on with weddings where two people who don't live in the same household aren't getting the option to move in with one another.  All the buffs and wedding presents are appearing but the actual marriage/moving into a new household is broken.    Until I've heard more, just bear this in mind and move the Sim in before getting married.

Edit: This came with the new patch 1.42.

Hmmm, that is not so great, but did I just read correctly in the patch notes that the werewolf problem is fixed and they can turn back into human form? (Feral Change buff will now expire for werewolf on various lunar cycle settings.)
Yay! :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #880 on: October 30, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
Feral Change is the one that makes them change.  The one where they turn themselves into a werewolf is just called "Werewolf!" if the werewolf I had yesterday is any indication.  So it may not fix the werewolf issue.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #881 on: October 30, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
Feral Change is the one that makes them change.  The one where they turn themselves into a werewolf is just called "Werewolf!" if the werewolf I had yesterday is any indication.  So it may not fix the werewolf issue.

? Sorry I do not follow. Now in plain English please? ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #882 on: October 30, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
"Feral Change" is what happens to a werewolf when they are forced to change into werewolf form due to bad mood or full moon.  The name of the moodlet that is associated with someone changing into their werewolf form is "Werewolf!".  So while the moodlet "Feral Change" will now expire, that doesn't stop NPC werewolves from still transforming into their other selves and keeping their age stuck. 

Does that make sense?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #883 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
"Feral Change" is what happens to a werewolf when they are forced to change into werewolf form due to bad mood or full moon.  The name of the moodlet that is associated with someone changing into their werewolf form is "Werewolf!".  So while the moodlet "Feral Change" will now expire, that doesn't stop NPC werewolves from still transforming into their other selves and keeping their age stuck. 

Does that make sense?

Ah yes, thank you. As I understand it they can go in werewolf form in 2 ways, forced or by "werewolf!", but what triggers "werewolf!" and doesn't that one expire then? (since they are stuck)

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #884 on: October 30, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
The aging problem with werewolves is still ongoing. I started a new Dynasty in Moonlight Falls. It is now week 4, day 3 and the Wolff family is still the same. Gator did age from toddler to child just before the first full moon. Other than that, they are all still in the same age span as when the game began. Even Pappy is still alive!  ;D

anything