Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898262 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2012, 05:53:12 AM »
As someone who's playing in LP, it's a blast. I didn't place any of the clubs from LN because I don't plan on using Mixology or the celebrity system (paparazzi and the whole "OH NOES OCCULT WOOHOO IS HAPPENING!" annoys me). I was able to place SN buildings fine, though.
I am thinking I am also going for LP, because many available lots are very big and it has a wonderful scenery. The free lots in LL are quite small. But tell me Shirin, why do you have such a blast playing LP? :)

And the wishing well doesn't have to be deleted, right? I remember a post about the wishing well, that it was allowed to fish in it. Didn't you ask that, Shirin?

@Rica - Thanks for that info. Maybe I should check which Objects you can place in the community section.
It is good to know that auto placed lots can be moved. But can they also be deleted if I don't want them? Since in LP or LL I would never place those, could that mean an advantage choosing LP or LL, for my personal choice at least.
It is a good tip you give about using bars etc from UC. I forgot about that. Sizes from LN are often hopeless, thanks!
What is wrong with mixology? ;) I just noticed both you and Shirin mentioning in a row not to bother with that.

Another question, hope it is not silly. How about the spawners? Do the SN spawners you need for elixirs also pop up in earlier worlds like LP?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #856 on: October 28, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
Spawners will show up no matter what town you're in.  They put the alchemy stuff as part of the normal spawners that came with the game.  Also, once you learn alchemy, you'll get two spawners on your home lot - one for gems/metals and one for insects.   

As for LP & LL with preplaced lots, they don't have any.  Sunlit Tides is the same way.   You will never have a firestation, salon or anything of that nature placed without your permission in those three towns.  So you'll have to look for it.

If you don't want a preplaced lot, yes you can delete it.  I get rid of BonBon park in every world I play. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #857 on: October 28, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
Thanks for your answer! I am happy to hear your explanation about the spawners. Now I am looking forward to settle my Dynasty in LP :)
I actually find it easier if the game doesn't preplace lots in a town, especially for challenges. I don't mind looking for all the lots I want. I have already put them in my library. I just have to copy the lots from UC and then I can Edit my town for my new LSD (and now I notice the nice abbreviation haha) Ok let's call it LSDC then.

I get rid of BonBon park in every world I play.
I very much agree with you on that one ;D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #858 on: October 28, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »
Thanks for your answer! I am happy to hear your explanation about the spawners. Now I am looking forward to settle my Dynasty in LP :)
I actually find it easier if the game doesn't preplace lots in a town, especially for challenges. I don't mind looking for all the lots I want. I have already put them in my library. I just have to copy the lots from UC and then I can Edit my town for my new LSD (and now I notice the nice abbreviation haha) Ok let's call it LSDC then.
I very much agree with you on that one ;D

:D I'm glad that I was able to help and actually it's preferred that we don't use acronyms for the dynasties.  So they will always be Immortal Dynasty, Townie DecaDynasty and Life States Dynasty vs ID/TDD/LSDC.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #859 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
I am thinking I am also going for LP, because many available lots are very big and it has a wonderful scenery. The free lots in LL are quite small. But tell me Shirin, why do you have such a blast playing LP? :)

And the wishing well doesn't have to be deleted, right? I remember a post about the wishing well, that it was allowed to fish in it. Didn't you ask that, Shirin?

Aye, I did ask about the wishing well, and it can stay as long as it's not used for wishing, just for fishing.

The reason I like LP so much is because it's a change. Previously, I've only played in SV or Riverview (more of the former), and I did use SV for my Immortal Dynasty, so I'm kind of bored with it. Plus, because the Life States allows you to pick your own lot, I'm getting more of a challenge out of having to use the space available in a more efficient way (I play on a pretty small lot). Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the reason for taking the biggest lot available in Immortal Dynasty - it just became burdensome having all the space, because I felt compelled to try and fill it all. With my current lot, I just can't fill it all without creating pathing problems.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #860 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Does Amateur Olympics count as an op?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #861 on: October 28, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Anything that takes up an opportunity slot counts as an opportunity. So yes.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #862 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure that if it takes up and opportunity slot it counts - so that would also include the 'neighbourhood grillathon', 'eating contest', 'chess competition' etc

Edit: ombradellarosa you beat me to it :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #863 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
Awesome.

She just spawned another op too (this time for martial arts), so I'm more than safe.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #864 on: October 28, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Hahaaa! And my streak of being fastest-question-answerer continues. ;)

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
Okay, so Cadmium finally completed all of her requirements, just before her elder birthday. Pappy was considerate and didn't die right beforehand. I gave her a tattoo and a makeover in celebration.

The game decided to crash on me while I was making her over.

Just needed to get that off my chest. My last save is from when she was somewhere around halfway through her requirements, so I'll be okay.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
Aaaaahhhh, no, Trippy! Sorry to hear that :(

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #867 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:55 AM »
In case you don't know,  there is currently a huge bug going on with weddings where two people who don't live in the same household aren't getting the option to move in with one another.  All the buffs and wedding presents are appearing but the actual marriage/moving into a new household is broken.    Until I've heard more, just bear this in mind and move the Sim in before getting married.

Edit: This came with the new patch 1.42.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #868 on: October 30, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
I am having the worst time with my dynasty file. It will not save. I have narrowed it down to when the wedding party starts. Don't know if that's connected to the new patch or not but it's driving me crazy. I can't play my game!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #869 on: October 30, 2012, 10:40:18 AM »
Have you tried playing through the wedding and then once it's all over, just resetSim* the whole town - go into Map mode or Edit Town mode and then saving?