Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897897 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #540 on: October 11, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Ahh, it figures that the one I don't have is the one you can't make happen...okay, thanks Rica. At least I know now.
Yes, do! I think that would be very interesting to know.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #541 on: October 11, 2012, 05:33:46 PM »
Simbots can be cured with the Potent Cure Elixir but they are always elders when they become normal Sims. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #542 on: October 11, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
Ok, nitpicky technicality question of sorts:

If life state changing elixirs are banned, wouldn't that mean that potent cure elixirs are also banned, since technically, you're changing life states by using one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
Ok, nitpicky technicality question of sorts:

If life state changing elixirs are banned, wouldn't that mean that potent cure elixirs are also banned, since technically, you're changing life states by using one?

They do change life states therefor they are life state changing elixirs, however, they're allowed to cure zombies.   We have also on occasion given permission to use a Potent Cure Elixir to fix an age stuck werewolf.   It's a case by case basis on the use of it but is normally banned with the statement "All life state changing elixirs are banned."

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
Oh, they can be used on zombies? *plots*

Thanks for the clarification!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »
Cool, thanks for doing that research Rica. It makes sense they would be elders since that's sort of how their ageing works.

I didn't know Potent Cure Elixirs are only for age stuck werewolves, good thing I haven't used them for anything yet!

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »
Can I assume that the family mausoleum works on the same principle as the family museum in an immortal dynasty? You can buy a lot for it, or you can have it on your home lot?

Also, can plates of food that a sim has to prepare be counted - I'd keep them in a chest or culinary fridge so that they don't spoil.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
Cool, thanks for doing that research Rica. It makes sense they would be elders since that's sort of how their ageing works.

I didn't know Potent Cure Elixirs are only for age stuck werewolves, good thing I haven't used them for anything yet!

And only then if you've gotten the OK from Metro or myself.  Remember that.

Can I assume that the family mausoleum works on the same principle as the family museum in an immortal dynasty? You can buy a lot for it, or you can have it on your home lot?

Yes this is true but remember if you do it off your home lot - you need to be careful that those items can stay where you put them.  Meaning that no one in town will randomly pick up one of the potions, elixirs, etc..   Also remember if you're going to do it with sculptures, you have to have a sculpting station on the property or you won't be able to transport them.    It would certainly be easier to have them on your lot especially since it's only 9 items per generation but it's not a restriction. 

Note: If someone chooses to do the family mausoleum off lot and then has a game glitch where the only save would be to switch towns, you would either have to deal with the current town or fail due to being unable to take the family mausoleum with you because it was off your property.   Placing any lot beyond your family home (if and only if you have permission to do that) is against the rules of Edit Town.  So remember that when working on your strategies and back up plans.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #548 on: October 11, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »

Yes this is true but remember if you do it off your home lot - you need to be careful that those items can stay where you put them.  Meaning that no one in town will randomly pick up one of the potions, elixirs, etc..   Also remember if you're going to do it with sculptures, you have to have a sculpting station on the property or you won't be able to transport them.    It would certainly be easier to have them on your lot especially since it's only 9 items per generation but it's not a restriction. 

Note: If someone chooses to do the family mausoleum off lot and then has a game glitch where the only save would be to switch towns, you would either have to deal with the current town or fail due to being unable to take the family mausoleum with you because it was off your property.   Placing any lot beyond your family home (if and only if you have permission to do that) is against the rules of Edit Town.  So remember that when working on your strategies and back up plans.

Ah...seven not nine items Rica?  ;)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #549 on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
No, nine. Seven skill items and two career items.

Do plates of food count?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »
No, nine. Seven skill items and two career items.

Do plates of food count?

No.  The list of of items that do count are linked to from the rules.   And Chuckles is 100% correct.  It's nine items like I said.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »

I think I got an OK but just in case...I've been waiting about three weeks for Gator Wolff to age up from Teen to YA, and he still hasn't. Is it okay if I Potent Cure him and age him up with birthday cake?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM »
Try the cake and if it doesn't work (he resets because he's in wolf form) then cure him and cake him.

Wait.. Have you tried the Age of Instant potion?

*puts on her experimenting duds and goes in search of answers!*

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
I did try the cake, because I really prefer he just stay a wolf so I don't have to go get him bitten again. I also thought of Age of Instant, but when I tried to throw it at him he wasn't listed as on of the options. He only aged up to Teen because I caught him at a rare human moment and got him to a cake. I've been trying to do the same thing again but it has been too long, and I just don't think it's going to happen.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
Stalk the school with an age of instant potion.  Just kidding.  Yes you have permission.  I just did some experiments as the Wolff family and could not for the life of me figure out how to make them human without doing it themselves/curing them.