Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897920 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #555 on: October 12, 2012, 05:25:52 AM »
That would be very Manly of me, wouldn't it? Haha Thank you. Yeah I wish I knew how to force them to change form. Randomly, Erica in my game changed back to human at some point and is now an Elder. Waylon managed to age up to YA. But otherwise, they haven't really aged.

So thank you! I will do that.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #556 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
I haven't had this issue since I'm not working on this Dynasty yet, but would it be possible to use a Genie to enscorscle the Sim in question?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #557 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
Hey, that's a actually a good idea, but I don't have a genie yet and I won't for awhile. The genie has to be living in your household, and of course I can't have one until I need one for a spouse. But yes, that would work, because when a Sim is ensorcelled it is as though you are controlling them normally.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #558 on: October 12, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
I'm a little worried that my second generation won't get a school op in time (she's 3 days away from aging up, and only one day left of school). Considering that I'm in Moonlight Falls with the combined school/stadium and the bugs with it, is there anything for me to do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #559 on: October 12, 2012, 04:58:15 PM »
Not unless you think you can get her into scouts  or ballet and get the op in the next couple of hours.   I would pray for the scavenger hunt Op to pop since it happens within the last two days of childhood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #560 on: October 12, 2012, 05:10:04 PM »
Apparently she's too old for the after-school activities, and the Scavenger Hunt op didn't come up on her last day.

I'll be drowning my sorrows with coffee and chocolate in the corner. Do you have to randomize traits again for when you start over?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #561 on: October 12, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
I'm sorry.  If you run out of chocolate, let me know I have lots of virtual chocolate ready for anyone to share with me. 

No you don't have to re-randomize traits unless you want to.  I would suggest an after school activity this time, even if you can't complete it, it could be a good backup.  My other suggestion would be to place a school on another lot.  Do you have town life?  They have this cute one available in the community bin. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #562 on: October 12, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
I don't have Town Life, I'm afraid. Could I lift the school from another town if I must?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #563 on: October 12, 2012, 06:09:11 PM »
If you must, if you want to do it without the separate school and hope for better luck, that is also your choice.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #564 on: October 12, 2012, 06:13:11 PM »
I could be wrong about this, but aren't the schools/other town buildings in Build/Buy under Community objects? As in, you wouldn't have to go to another town and save the lot?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #565 on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
A school building and a stadium that's not combined won't fit on the lot.  You can't create your own lots so you would need to save a lot to place it.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #566 on: October 12, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
I could be wrong about this, but aren't the schools/other town buildings in Build/Buy under Community objects? As in, you wouldn't have to go to another town and save the lot?
They are and the one that came with Showtime fits on the lot that is already there and if you need the stadium you can always use another lot for that one.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #567 on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »
They are and the one that came with Showtime fits on the lot that is already there and if you need the stadium you can always use another lot for that one.

There is a part I want to make absolutely clear. Replacing things within Edit Town without permission can mean you failed.  Don't just assume because someone else did it that you can, too.  Without permission, this means you did it and it was against the rules.  We may have changed our minds or found a different way to handle things when you experience your problem.

Edit Town is a very specific topic/part of the ruleset.  If in doubt, it's better to ask than assume.     Very soon the rules/FAQ will be updated with more specifics to help everyone along but for now it's better to ask before doing than to find out later that you've failed.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:06 AM »
Okay, so I Cured Gator, but I don't know how to get him bitten now! I don't see an option for him to ask his mother, with whom he is best friends, to bite him or anything. I had them talk for awhile and she "thinks he is friendly." What else do I do?

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #569 on: October 13, 2012, 01:47:18 AM »
Okay, so I Cured Gator, but I don't know how to get him bitten now! I don't see an option for him to ask his mother, with whom he is best friends, to bite him or anything. I had them talk for awhile and she "thinks he is friendly." What else do I do?

You could always look for a wolf elixer.

anything