Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906522 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »
See what the other werewolves in town can do. I'm assuming that the rest of the Wolff clan is around if Erica is. Try seeing if the option comes up when interacting with Dwayne or Waylon. In fact, try scouting out other werewolves to be sure.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2012, 01:58:54 AM »
You could always look for a wolf elixer.

Life-state-changing elixirs are banned for this challenge, or I would.  :-\

See what the other werewolves in town can do. I'm assuming that the rest of the Wolff clan is around if Erica is. Try seeing if the option comes up when interacting with Dwayne or Waylon. In fact, try scouting out other werewolves to be sure.

That is actually my plan, my game keeps crashing though so it's hard to carry out.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2012, 02:04:51 AM »
Life-state-changing elixirs are banned for this challenge, or I would.  :-\

That is actually my plan, my game keeps crashing though so it's hard to carry out.

Whoops, I forgot about that, sorry Ombradellrosa!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:41 AM »
So I found a werewolf who had the option for Gator to Ask for Werewolf Curse! Maybe Erica's Lycanthropy skill is just too low. Anyway, my game crashed (again) and I am tired of restarting it, so I'll have to try again later.

By samoht04

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #574 on: October 13, 2012, 02:20:24 AM »
I'm really stumped on the 5k wishes.. half of what I expected didn't pop (master fishing, catch all fish, learn all recipes).  Now I'm thinking you need to reach level 10 without reaching that magic number for those to pop.  Lesson learned? :-\

I switched her to self-employed, do they even get wishes to reach top of those careers?  The last one I got was reach level 7, then every time she gets promoted she either wants to quit or get fired, and she's even ambitious!

Her spouse popped all the own 5/7 venues, worth xxx wishes, but not a beep from her.  I swear they do that just to taunt me.

Am I allowed to do the marriage trick, ie. change spouse's name and marry them again? I don't really want to resort to that, but am so bored of waiting around for something to happen. Tips on getting wishes to pop would also be great.

Oh! I just thought of something. Can I resurrect family members? Since spouses and spares are allowed to come and go as they please.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #575 on: October 13, 2012, 02:22:31 AM »
I can't answer most of those questions, but I can tell you that Sims do get wishes to reach the top of self-employment careers, usually. As far as wishes for mastering skills and such, sometimes you get them, sometimes, it would seem, you don't; however, I know sometimes the key is simply patience.

By samoht04

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2012, 02:33:37 AM »
Thanks, that's good to know for future generations. It's kind of too late for the ones I didn't get, so I'm just looking at other options.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2012, 04:41:10 AM »
Inventing has a couple more wishes, though I think it is possible that they may be linked to the DaVinci LTW. Mine 50 gems/rocks/metals (3 separate wishes). There also may be mine 100 aswell.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:05 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I can I use TCE to shift+click and remove the 'hunted' moodlet, when there is clearly no vampire in sight?

EDIT: Also, can spares complete the wishes and challenges, or do they have to be unique to the heirs and only the heirs? Eg, in an immortal dynasty, a spare could supermax painting, even if it was an heir's supermax skill.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I can I use TCE to shift+click and remove the 'hunted' moodlet, when there is clearly no vampire in sight?

Yes, that's fine.

EDIT: Also, can spares complete the wishes and challenges, or do they have to be unique to the heirs and only the heirs? Eg, in an immortal dynasty, a spare could supermax painting, even if it was an heir's supermax skill.

Spares really have no restrictions tied to them -- aside from any global bans we have put down. All the requirements, etc fall on a current heir's shoulders -- spares are not even in the picture.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #580 on: October 13, 2012, 07:04:32 AM »
Thanks Metro :) I thought it best to check and not assume it was the same as the immortal dynasty, lest I fail before I even bring in the first heir!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
So, I'd like to attempt this but I only have Supernatural so that means I don't have the self-employed options but I want my founder to just be a gardener. My question is, can I just pretend that he's self-employed or does he need to actually get a career?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
So, I'd like to attempt this but I only have Supernatural so that means I don't have the self-employed options but I want my founder to just be a gardener. My question is, can I just pretend that he's self-employed or does he need to actually get a career?

Career rewards are part of the requirements.  Without a career you can't get career rewards so you wouldn't be able to actually move on to the next generation.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
Just a question about the 5,000+ wishes. My Sim recently got the 'Have First Child' wish but will it count? So, if I have the heir (or it might not be the heir) and the wish will be fulfilled but will it count as being completed after the next generation or will it not?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »
Just a question about the 5,000+ wishes. My Sim recently got the 'Have First Child' wish but will it count? So, if I have the heir (or it might not be the heir) and the wish will be fulfilled but will it count as being completed after the next generation or will it not?

It can only count if it is the very last requirement to fulfill for the current heir.
The baby has to come in the house after all requirements have been fulfilled. I don't know if this means you must have that baby in the hospital then, but I'm sure Ricalynn or Metro will be able to answer that question ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D