Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288298 times)

Louise56

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Ugly Duckling
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
Eureka look stunning! I love all her outfits. Great updates. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »

Eureka is rocking that blue hair! Seeing her as a young adult, I feel like her features have a lot of Eden in them.

Humberto, get ready to have your heart stolen!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2013, 10:57:45 PM »
Wow, talk about blossoming into a beautiful swan. :)

Eureka is stunning! Here's hoping for the best with Humberto!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2013, 11:58:07 PM »
Euberto begins! Hurray! I have been rooting for him since you first showed his picture!
I really like her new look.

I've been rooting for him too.  I was pleased that he randomly showed up at the pub like that and she immediately wanted to go talk to him and then there was chemistry!  I'm happy with her new look too, even if it means blue-haired babies for the rest of the dynasty.

I think Eureka has to be my favourite generation so far :) she's so grown up now after being so timid as a teenager and it's lovely. The clothes you've chosen for her are absolutely gorgeous, I'm in love with her everyday wear. Can't wait to see how she seduces Humberto ;)

I had planned for Eureka to be this super popular mean girl who was always egging houses and stuff with her friends, but her teen years did not go as planned.  I like her a lot more for her organic development, really. 

Your Dynasty is fantastic. I just read through it and laughed many times.

On a side note, if youre still having crashing troubles you should try clearing your DCBackup folder (but NOT the ccmerged file!). I has the same troubles with CAS and honestly that's what helped me.

Back on topic, I love your stories. I bookmarked them and will be reading all new updates! Best of luck with all the requirements!  :)

I clean out the caches and featured items and DC before every game launch.  I think it's just the curse of the Mac user that's got me crashing so often.  It happens.  I'm so glad you're enjoying it!  I hope to hear lots more from you.

I've really enjoyed this story so far. Eureka is lovely!
Can't wait to see how things go with Humberto.

Thanks Betabee!  I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

Eureka look stunning! I love all her outfits. Great updates. :)

I'm loving all the formalwear in that Ragtime pack that the store released last week.  It was hard to just pick one dress for Eureka's formalwear :)

Eureka is rocking that blue hair! Seeing her as a young adult, I feel like her features have a lot of Eden in them.

Humberto, get ready to have your heart stolen!

I completely agree, which is so weird as the two looked completely different as teenagers.  Unrelated, if you go back to the post above and look at Eureka's YA portrait, I think she looks remarkably like Emelia Clarke from Game of Thrones.

Wow, talk about blossoming into a beautiful swan. :)

Eureka is stunning! Here's hoping for the best with Humberto!

Thanks Raia!  Humberto resolution, coming right up ...

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Soda Bottle Cyclone
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:40 AM »
So, guess who I ran into the night of graduation?  That's right, it was Humbug!  How unbelievably beautiful that guy turned out, right?  He almost didn't recognize me, then he said, "Wait a minute ... Kiki?" and I almost had to shove him down again.

I put the charm on as hard as I could.  To be honest, I have a lot of newfound confidence with my awesome new hair and my great kisser trait locked in the arsenal.  For whatever reason the creepy bartender was super invested in our conversation.

In fact, when I asked Humbug if he was still seeing that fairy doctor woman, the bartender was palpably staring with his mouth hanging open, like we were the best soap opera on earth.  (By the way, they broke up.  Huzzah!)

Kind of reminds me of the way dogs seem to enjoy staring down Eden while she's gardening. 

"They're judging me," Eden always says.  That seems excessively paranoid.

Oh, back to Humberto!  So, I guess if you don't mind me being cliche, the romance was a bit of a whirlwind.  You know that thing you do when you're a kid?  You take two 2-liter plastic bottles, fill one with water, tape the suckers together, and turn it upside down like an hour glass?

The water picks up in this crazy tornado cone and flies right through one bottle to the other.  It's a contained disaster, and as such, not disastrous at all.  Somehow beautiful because it goes the way we want it to.  That was what it was like that night with Humberto.

And soon ...

We danced so much at the spring festival that I was the first Classic immortal to be crowned Spring Queen.  I would've been the first Classic full stop, but Grandma Ophelia won pretty much every year of her life when she was around.

In the meantime, I was developing my skill as an inventor.  The city even gave me a statue to commend me on my widget production.  However, I'm pretty frequently lambasted in the papers for blowing stuff up.

Humberto doesn't seem to mind.  He agreed to be my boyfriend pretty early on in the dating game.  And yes, I always kiss him like that.  I still feel like a nervous teen around him from time to time.  What's wrong with the shy kiss if you're a great kisser, huh?  That's right.  Nuthin.

So, obviously, it wasn't too long before the ladies in the house started asking me about marriage and nooboos.  "I want you to have one while I'm still here," Eunice says.  Ultimate guilt trip.

I tend to deal with stress by exploding the junkyard.

That night, the charge took too long, and I, in all my genius went to check it.  Soo, I got exploded a little too.  And suddenly I thought, holy crap!  I could've died.  And I'm not even married to Humbug.  Well, that needs to happen.

I didn't do too much planning before proposing.  We had a nice dinner at the bistro and I think it was understood between us that this was the direction it was going in.

He's got some weird traits (fear of water is the worst one), but commitment issues isn't one of 'em.  We were engaged on the spot.

We got married on the first morning of the summer.  I love warm, sultry weather and as the sun rose over Monte Vista, the sky clear and blue and blazing, I knew that today was going to be the perfect wedding day.

In addition to being my wedding, this was the first party I'd ever thrown, so I got there early to ensure that everything was perfect.  Sometimes I still get that weird feeling that I'm being watched, but I imagine it's just leftover from those awkward teen years.

Eden would later tell me that while I was exchanging rings with Humberto, that all of the immortals took a moment to consider their own daughters.  That my wedding created a deep bond between all of them.

I, of course, was too in the moment to notice, sweet as it may have been.

I gave a short speech over the cake cutting.  I wanted my family to know how grateful I am.

"My mothers, my dad Freddie, who couldn't be here, my grandmother Rosetta who wrote the wedding march, all of you contributed to the person I am."

"In order to get here, of course, all of you had to refrain from killing me through my teen years, and for that I thank you sincerely," I said, over laughter.  "This has been perfect.  This is what I've been living toward."

"So without further ado," I said, kneeling down to slice into the layers of frosting and strawberry torte.

"Cake!" Humberto announced enthusiastically, and there was applause.

The party raged on through most of the day.  My new husband and I danced, we swam in the ocean, we played gnubb and gossiped.  By late evening, most of the family had started on home.  Humberto and I wanted to make sure we didn't leave before any of our guests.

Eunice and I sat close together, occasionally I rested my head on her shoulder.  "Today is my birthday," she said. 

I gasped.  "What!  But ... why didn't you say?  We should've held off the wedding!  Had a party."

"No, no, child," she laughed.  "This was the best birthday gift I could've asked for."

I fell into silence, and felt a warm fuzzy sort of sentimentality wash over me.  She really was the best, Eunice.

Later that night, there were several key events, all in unison.  Both of our pets aged up.  Moonglow is an old lady now and Penni is a full grown dog.

Eden got her final opportunity - she needs to harvest 3 outstanding quality bell peppers.  No problemo, she just needs to plant some and abuse the swiftgro station.  Eunice, while walking home alone while the sunset, aged up automatically.

The town consensus is that Mona Lisa is the most beautiful elder ever to live, but I think Eunice kind of gives her a run for her money.

In my wedding dress, I finished up a test I had started at my workbench while my husband experienced CAS for the first time.  The Watcher purged away his greenish brown hair and gave him a tasteful new cut ... and while that was happening, I built my first time machine!

But, I bet I know those who follow the Classic story well enough to know that between the 25th photo in an update being a time machine built by a girl in a wedding dress or a hot man in his skivvies, there's really no contest. 

Can't say I disagree with any of you there.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Soda Bottle Cyclone
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2013, 04:21:18 AM »
Hahaha nice! He sure does look good Watched. I like the title of this one a lot. Why doesn't Eureka know who Ophelia is? She was her grandmother! Congratulations on the wedding! She looks so pretty with ehr hair like that. But she always looks pretty. I love Eureka's wardrobe. That was a really sweet moment with all the mothers looking at their daughters, I'm impressed you got that screenshot! Happy birthday to Eunice and Moonglow and Penni as well.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2013, 04:29:45 AM »
Congrats with the wedding. Humbug does look nice in his skivvies lol. What is up with that guy watching her all the time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Humberto in his skivvies was a good choice. :)

I love how Eureka has matured as a character. It seems like she has a good head on her shoulders, though blowing up the junkyard was, well...reckless. (but FUN!)

Funny how Carson keeps showing up. :P

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
Hahaha nice! He sure does look good Watched. I like the title of this one a lot. Why doesn't Eureka know who Ophelia is? She was her grandmother! Congratulations on the wedding! She looks so pretty with ehr hair like that. But she always looks pretty. I love Eureka's wardrobe. That was a really sweet moment with all the mothers looking at their daughters, I'm impressed you got that screenshot! Happy birthday to Eunice and Moonglow and Penni as well.

You are absolutely right about Ophelia!  How embarrassing.  Let's call it Watcher's error and I'll go fix it.  The mother/daughter shot was a happy accident I noticed while I was trying to get a good one of Eden watching the ceremony.  If Mona Lisa weren't mourning Camillo thinking of dinner plates, it would've been darn near perfect. 

Congrats with the wedding. Humbug does look nice in his skivvies lol. What is up with that guy watching her all the time!

I have no idea why he always shows up to creep on her.  He definitely was not invited to the wedding (though his father was, so maybe he tagged along). 

Humberto in his skivvies was a good choice. :)

I love how Eureka has matured as a character. It seems like she has a good head on her shoulders, though blowing up the junkyard was, well...reckless. (but FUN!)

Funny how Carson keeps showing up. :P

That junkyard moment was tense for me.  I knew it was going to explode and she insisted on going to check it no matter how many times I tried to cancel the action.  Perhaps individual explosions for her supermax from this point on :) 

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »

Oh my goodness, Eureka really does look like Khaleesi from Game of Thrones in that portrait! I loved the picture of her blowing up the junkyard, haha! I can't believe she ran back into the center of the explosion! Can sims die like that? Eunice really is a lovely looking elder. And what is with the dogs always staring at Eden? So bizarre. Oh Humbug, do get used to walking around in those skivvies.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of that.  ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:23 PM »
Oh my goodness, Eureka really does look like Khaleesi from Game of Thrones in that portrait! I loved the picture of her blowing up the junkyard, haha! I can't believe she ran back into the center of the explosion! Can sims die like that? Eunice really is a lovely looking elder. And what is with the dogs always staring at Eden? So bizarre. Oh Humbug, do get used to walking around in those skivvies.  I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of that.  ;D

Yes!  I'm so glad you know who I'm talking about.  I thought it was uncanny.  I don't know if they can die like that, but she's forbidden from exploding things in the junkyard until she qualifies to carry a deathflower around from now on.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Steam Engine
« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
You know, it seems like when you try to taper out life little by little, it makes a point of slipping right through your hands and barreling away at a thousand miles per hour.  I'm only just now able to stop, take a breath, and write an update.  I'm able to because my baby girl has finally fallen asleep.  Oh yes, I had a daughter just a few hours ago. 

We'll come back to that.

I suppose the last time we spoke was my wedding day.  Well, things settled into a nice routine almost right away.  Humbug informed us that he'd always dreamed of being an acrobat, which hey, whatever he wants to do.  I can't imagine growing up an NPC paperboy.  He's somehow younger than me (?!) by about 7 days, even though we were children together and then he graduated well ahead of me.  Oh well.  The Simsverse is a strange thing sometimes.

The biggest concern was Eden making it to her immortal requirements.  She finally had the inspired idea to use the moveobjects cheat to bring her money trees into the green house and blast them with the swiftgro.  After that, it was just a matter of making friends.  Eden, always resourceful, decided to buy a "Legendary Host" reward and throw five parties in a row with the same small group of people until they were her best friends.

I have to admit the parties were a lot of fun for everyone.  For me, it was a nice little reunion with my old friends.

Not just them.  It seems like the whole family really wanted to be involved in Eden making it in the homestretch.  Even our dearly departed.

Moonglow, however, appears to have had too much to drink.  Go back to your stable, Moonglow, you're not yourself.

My Humberto has been abducted twice, but so far has not had any unfortunate "weight gain."  I'm honestly not sure if the immortals are pulling my leg about that or not.  Humberto doesn't think it's funny at all when they tell him about Grandpa Emmett's two long lost alien children.

Anyway, Eden made it, right at the last second.  She was 89.  I felt like she was really testing Grim with all those parties.

She's abandoned her garden for a little while to just enjoy her old age.  She's learning to use the cauldron in the upstairs sitting room and has turned out some pretty funny stuff.  There was an entire day when she kept compulsively showering.

I mean, I compulsively bathe too, but I feel like I have better reason.

I've been mining for pink diamonds for weeks.  I've recruited most of the family into the effort.  My lifetime wish is to build three Simbots, and I can't do that without pink diamonds.  I'm beginning to feel very worried that none are turning up.  Patience, Eden says.  And then I remind her of how old she was when she ate her ambrosia.

My parents finally have time to spend together while they can, though, and that gives me joy.  Eunice still hasn't let up about the baby thing.  "Don't dawdle too long, dear," she says.

Well, I had been ignoring her, and then one night, I was doing what you generally do on the toilet, and then Rosetta burst in with a party horn and suddenly I was middle aged.  I really can't think of a worse way to get older than being interrupted mid-pee by your grandmother and then ambushed with forcible sparkles.

So, I told Humbug I was ready.  Let's make a baby.  He was so happy.

I didn't let up on the search for the diamonds.  I'm determined to find them in time.  But it wasn't long before I knew there was a nooboo growing in my stomach.  A precious little lump that would turn into an immortal.

Granny insisted I take time off from mining and even manned the miners herself for a while (which was hilarious, really).  I had time to read maternity books and think about the life ahead for my precious nooboo.

"Do you think I'll be a good mother?" I asked Mona Lisa once.

With a little secret smile, she pulled me to the window overlooking our yard and pointed to Eden in the clearing, sitting on a patch of new powder snow playing with a toy whale I'd made her as a teenager.

"I think you'll be wonderful," she said.

So earlier tonight, when the pain started, I didn't hold back.  My screaming woke Humbug who proceeded to dance around like a lunatic while screaming that we had to go to the hospital.  "Home birth," was something he wasn't processing.

He pulled me into a pair of hideous mismatched sweats he'd found in Rosetta's old maternity box and suited himself up for the snow.

"I'm not going anywhere!" I managed.  "It's too late.  She's coming!"

"She?" He said, and this doofy grin spread over his face.  I continued to scream and he just stood there, dazed.

And then it happened.  Eden said when I was born she felt like her garden helped her through it.  That she was being blessed with the greatest magic there was.  I felt more like a relief, a shower of cool mist over the burning panic that was my labor.  And then suddenly there she was: Allegra Classic, my little girl.

"She's winking at me," Humbug said, still wearing that dumbstruck smile.  "Look at the little charmer. She's winking."

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Steam Engine
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
Congratulations on Eden's ambrosia! She deserves it more than anything else!

Yes! Finally, another nooboo! It's about time . . .

Oh, no. I'm as bad as one of the grandmother immortals!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Eden's Stats
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:31 AM »
Immortal 4 - Eden Classic

Traits: excitable, loves the outdoors, animal lover, childish, green thumb
Spouse: Eunice (Watkins) Classic
Career: Gardener (maxed)
Skill: Gardening (supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills:
Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden (completed)
6 Unique Black Ops: Research the Science Facility, Interview a Local, Uncommonly Good, Bag of Produce, Entertain Sick Kids, Peppers on Parade
6 Unique Best Friends:  Eunice Watkins, Tameka Moeller, Mindy Ward, Irene McNulty, Silvia Correa (Freddie's Silvia), and Francescia Watkins (her mother-in-law)
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: Super Green Thumb, Above Reproach, No Jealousy
Property: The Worries and Woes Country Pub
Building: Camelot Grocer and Diner
Portraits: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Photographs: toddler, child, adult, elder

Immortal at 89 Days

Louise56

Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Steam Engine
« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:29 AM »
Congrats on your forth immortal! Welcome, Allegra. :)

anything