Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290840 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Steam Engine
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »
Awww, she's beautiful! Welcome Allegra. I sense a music SuperMax? Can it be? I particularly liked the line about mismatched sweats, that whole birth scene was pretty funny.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »
Congrats on immortal number four, and a warm welcome to a special little musician. ;)

Hmm, I read your thread about pink diamonds in Monte Vista. I certainly hope that some start showing up soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »

Cheers to both Eden and Allegra! Oh goodness, looks like Humbug is the new Emmett when it comes to unfortunate events! Eureka's adult birthday was pretty awesome too. I mean, it's nice that Rosetta really, really wants to wish her grand-daughter happy birthday and all, but bursting into the bathroom? Haha!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »
I tried supermaxing inventing in my 2nd decadynasty, and ended up failing. Getting life fruit was my downfall, but also the whole SimBot opportunity counts as only one because the name is the same. I'd stick with detonating things at the junkyard -- you get about 7 or 8 each time. Your sim will just get singed -- and remember, she can't have a deathflower until she becomes an immortal. The bad press is a pain.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
Congratulations on Eden's ambrosia! She deserves it more than anything else!

Yes! Finally, another nooboo! It's about time . . .

Oh, no. I'm as bad as one of the grandmother immortals!

I shouldn't have let her spend so much time playing in the dollhouse!  I'm glad she made it in the end.  It'd have been horrible to abandon my Classics this late in the game.

Congrats on your forth immortal! Welcome, Allegra. :)

Thanks Louise :-D

Awww, she's beautiful! Welcome Allegra. I sense a music SuperMax? Can it be? I particularly liked the line about mismatched sweats, that whole birth scene was pretty funny.

Yes ma'am, music it is.  I changed Eunice's LTW to Master of the Arts so I could make sure that I didn't have the tipping bug in this file.  She can jam with Rosetta!

Congrats on immortal number four, and a warm welcome to a special little musician. ;)

Hmm, I read your thread about pink diamonds in Monte Vista. I certainly hope that some start showing up soon!

I've gotten one!  Two more and I'll stop panicking.  Ironically, I have enough palladium to build a house.  I hear some people have trouble with that rather than the diamonds.  Oh, and rainbow gems.  I've got over a dozen.

Cheers to both Eden and Allegra! Oh goodness, looks like Humbug is the new Emmett when it comes to unfortunate events! Eureka's adult birthday was pretty awesome too. I mean, it's nice that Rosetta really, really wants to wish her grand-daughter happy birthday and all, but bursting into the bathroom? Haha!

I deleted the jellybeans as soon as he got abducted.  Once was amusing, but the second unlucky Sim in the house needs to just keep the deaths under wraps.  I thought it was hilarious that Rosetta barged in on Eden.  THey both had the embarrassed moodlet but the "shooing" action was overridden by the birthday one.  Both felt conflicted throughout.

I tried supermaxing inventing in my 2nd decadynasty, and ended up failing. Getting life fruit was my downfall, but also the whole SimBot opportunity counts as only one because the name is the same. I'd stick with detonating things at the junkyard -- you get about 7 or 8 each time. Your sim will just get singed -- and remember, she can't have a deathflower until she becomes an immortal. The bad press is a pain.

Yeah, that is the appeal of the junkyard.  For now there's a steady amount of admirer gifts and celebrity furniture to explode :)  And yes, I've got Eden keeping the deathflowers in a trunk until each immortal qualifies.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
Occasionally a heart-shaped pink diamond will turn up at the consignment store - it's probably worth checking there. In the worst case, you're allowed to change the LTW and there are a few that are easy to pull off on short notice.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Frankensim's Monster
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
I can't really properly express what a relief it was to not be pregnant anymore.  Perhaps it was a combination of the euphoria of creating life (you'll recall, always a goal of mine) or maybe it was just being able to sleep on my stomach again.  Either way, carrying Allegra to her nursery was a happy walk. 

Eunice crafted Allegra's nursery in secret.  She said she wanted something colorful, just in case we had a blue-haired-purple-eyed baby on the way.  It turns out that Allegra's color is spice brown (blech), so I'm quite glad Eunice went with her multicolored idea.  The nursery is super fun looking.

I knew I had to get to updating our story, but I did stay to watch her in the swing for a while, just to marvel at how little and perfect she was.  To count her toes and fingers and sigh over her perfect baby smell.

Eden had helped quite a bit with the nursery design, since she now can pull away from the garden.  She and Eunice had a lot of fun with it.  Eden, obviously, picked out all the toys.  She is particularly proud of the blocks table.

"It's a turtle!" she said.  "I named him Greg."

I'll never forget being pregnant.  I always thought the first life I'd bring to the world would be a Simbot, but it turns out it's a perfect little nooboo.  I'd decided that Mona Lisa should do my adult sculpture showing off my baby bump before it was too late.

The portrait would be done after, though.  No fat face in the close-up, thank you.

Eunice has spent a lot of time at the consignment store, buying out the entire inventory over and over again in an effort to find me a pink diamond.  After three full days of this, she finally got one.  She said it was a relief if she never had to encounter the creepy magician in there again.  I'm not really sure who she means.

So, yay!  Pink diamond, finally.  I announced to Allegra (in my new work sari) that I was off to finish the last steps of my Master Invention.  She cooed and gurgled in approval.

She is a sweet baby, but when she wants something, she somehow makes it known, even without the ability to speak.  The grandmas are frequently bathing, powdering, rocking, tickling, and snuggling her. 

I was obsessed with my work for most of her infancy, but when her birthday rolled around, I made sure it was me that took her to the cake.  I picked her up one last time as a tiny little burrito and carried her into the kitchen.

The family gathered around excitedly and I felt the pang of bittersweet emotion that all mothers must feel when their children age.

Everyone cheered.  Granny even managed to spin a noisemaker halfheartedly.  "If she has blue hair, it's all your fault," Eden sniffed, but then she went back to blowing the party horn.

Well, the sparkles came for her, as they do and we all held our breath waiting to see if she'd look like me or Humberto.  "Neither," Granny warned us.  "Our kids never look like the parents."

Well, she was right.

"Woo!" Eunice cheered.  "You guys got the redhead you wanted!"

"Oh, darling," Eden said.  "She got your beautiful eyes."

"Goodness," said Rosetta.  "She looks just like Freddie."

The room murmured in agreement.

"No," Mona Lisa said, scooping her up and hugging her close.  "She looks just like Ophelia.  Don't you, sweetheart?  Don't you?"

Allegra cooed happily and clung to Mona Lisa.

That was my indication that Mona Lisa would spoil my daughter rotten.  Out of curiosity, I spent some time down in the museum after cake and I do have to admit, Allegra does resemble her great grandmother, at least at this stage.

Mona Lisa though, often has competition.  Eunice in particular plays the "I'm not immortal" card to get time with the little one.

They are learning to walk together.

Humberto has confessed to me that he's terrified of the swarming grandmothers and will attempt to spend more time with her when she's older.

I think perhaps he'll spend more time with her when she decides she's ready for him.  If Eden was a little princess, then Allegra is a little queen.  Her whims are well known to the house, just like in infancy.  And we haven't even started on talking lessons yet!

I've stayed out of the way for now too, but mostly because I wanted to open up my opportunity slots and keep trucking toward immortality.  Guess what?  I finally did it!

Now ... she was my first attempt.  She is not very pleasant to look at.  But the point is, she's alive!

"Moth-oor?" she said.

"Oh.  Heh.  Sweetheart.  Listen ... um, we're full up in this house.  You're still my 'daughter' and everything, but ... you're gonna need to move out.  I'd totally let you live here if it were up to me."

"Very well, Moth-oor," she said, and shot out of the room on rocket feet.  I will need to scrub the floors.  Perhaps no rocket feet for the next one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Frankensim's Monster
« Reply #352 on: February 05, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »
Did anyone else's heart leap when they saw Allegra's hair? Seriously, it's so sweet that out of all the hair colours that she could have gotten, she got that one.  ;D
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »
And here I thought that the awesomeness that was Freddie was gone...and here his granddaughter has his likeness. Simply fantastic!

Congrats on simbot number one! Here's hoping you find more pink diamonds soon!

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »
AHHH! IT'S THE RETURN OF FREDDIE!!! You have no idea how happy I am about that. (Well, your most likely happier, but still...) It's like his blessing or somthing. :)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
Yes, Freddie's genes are back! And you all thought he had died . . . I knew it never happened! Freddie is infinite! He shall never perish!

It's nice to see that Eden is spending lots of time with her granddaughter! As are all the grandmas, I'm sure!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
"Aahhh! It's a little Freddie clone!" I said, but then I realised that Mona Lisa is right: Allegra looks just like Ophelia. I suppose she would know best. She is so beautiful. How wonderful of her to manifest those genes of such a special part of the Classic family. I'm glad at least one immortal will look like them. The nursery is...very bright. Funny that Allegra would like Spice Brown after all that. Oh well, it looks cool. Hello, Greg. Hahah I love Eden. Eden is right, verrrry creepy magician there. Burritos get washed in their blankets! Haha! One more added to all the evidence that it is really not a blanket but an outer layer of skin or an exoskeleton, if you will. Because they're caterpillars. Congratulations on the SimBot, Eureka!

Also...Um...yes. Humberto should wear his work outfit all the time.

By the way, since Eden is a witch, I would have her try to use Conversion Ritual to turn some of your surplus Palladium (or apples, or whatever) into Pink Diamonds.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

Wow, how awesome! It's like having a little piece of Freddie and Ophelia still around. It makes me happy that a part of them will be preserved in one of the Immortals. I have a feeling Allegra will hold a very special place in our hearts partly because of that. I look forward to seeing her personality and what stories you've got planned for her!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »
Did anyone else's heart leap when they saw Allegra's hair? Seriously, it's so sweet that out of all the hair colours that she could have gotten, she got that one.  ;D

Well, mine did, at the very least.  I started cooing at her and expressing my approval as soon as she aged up.

And here I thought that the awesomeness that was Freddie was gone...and here his granddaughter has his likeness. Simply fantastic!

Congrats on simbot number one! Here's hoping you find more pink diamonds soon!

Me too!  I'm relieved she now qualifies for her supermax.  If I have to change the LTW, so be it.

AHHH! IT'S THE RETURN OF FREDDIE!!! You have no idea how happy I am about that. (Well, your most likely happier, but still...) It's like his blessing or somthing. :)

I am pretty happy about it.  I really can't wait to see how she looks as she gets older.

Yes, Freddie's genes are back! And you all thought he had died . . . I knew it never happened! Freddie is infinite! He shall never perish!

It's nice to see that Eden is spending lots of time with her granddaughter! As are all the grandmas, I'm sure!

The grandmas are falling over each other to get to the crib/swing/wherever she is.  It's pretty adorable.

"Aahhh! It's a little Freddie clone!" I said, but then I realised that Mona Lisa is right: Allegra looks just like Ophelia. I suppose she would know best. She is so beautiful. How wonderful of her to manifest those genes of such a special part of the Classic family. I'm glad at least one immortal will look like them. The nursery is...very bright. Funny that Allegra would like Spice Brown after all that. Oh well, it looks cool. Hello, Greg. Hahah I love Eden. Eden is right, verrrry creepy magician there. Burritos get washed in their blankets! Haha! One more added to all the evidence that it is really not a blanket but an outer layer of skin or an exoskeleton, if you will. Because they're caterpillars. Congratulations on the SimBot, Eureka!

Also...Um...yes. Humberto should wear his work outfit all the time.

By the way, since Eden is a witch, I would have her try to use Conversion Ritual to turn some of your surplus Palladium (or apples, or whatever) into Pink Diamonds.

Haha, I know!  I was worried the male acrobat stuff would look silly, but he looks hot!  The nursery is very bright.  Perhaps Eureka wore me out with her black and white palate, haha.  I don't know what's up with that magician's face.  It looks like he's wearing a yellow mask.  Very weird.

I have had Eden convert a lot of the rocks in her inventory.  She tends to produce butterflies and donuts at a pretty high capacity.  Useful! (not.)

Wow, how awesome! It's like having a little piece of Freddie and Ophelia still around. It makes me happy that a part of them will be preserved in one of the Immortals. I have a feeling Allegra will hold a very special place in our hearts partly because of that. I look forward to seeing her personality and what stories you've got planned for her!

It makes me happy too.  I hope she does resemble Ophelia/Freddie a bit in her features as she gets older, though the coloring alone is a really nice reminder.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Pilgrims' Progress
« Reply #359 on: February 09, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
It's been a long time since I've lost count of the days and years of my life.  Sometimes I wake up and think I'm still in the hut, that I'd just met Carlotta and soon she'd be over to help me rebuild.  That Goopy is still a gurgling baby and Mona Lisa is just a thought that hasn't been realized yet.  Then the chaos of this giant mansion wakes me, and I realize that two rooms over, sleeping angelically, is my great-great-great-granddaughter. 

The house does occasionally grow and shrink.  We recently lost Moonglow, who had lived very long for a horse.  We were sad to see her go, but hopefully she and that wild child Freddie are reunited somewhere, racing through the heavens.

It's funny.  When I dream, I'm still young, still strawberry blonde, still writing in the library to avoid Camillo's zealous Italian affection.  When I'm awake, no one even remembers my name is Coralie.  I am Granny, and will be for the next hundred hundred years.  Oddly, both are happy lives.  But only in this one can I spend a morning sipping gourmet coffee in the completed immortal museum built for my great-great-granddaughter.  The baby I watched through the window and wondered about the future of.  Only in this one am I a piece of immortality.

Eureka's museum is coming along nicely too.  I admit I'm a bit jealous of her idea to have her formal sculpture done while she was heavily pregnant with Allegra.  My sculptures are both in the same dress.

And of course, we've just added a new room.  Always a happy occasion.

What can I say about Allegra?  This isn't negative, on my honor, but she is probably the least obedient baby this house has seen.  She loves hiding from the adults and giggling behind her tiny hands when we pretend not to be able to find her.

She's also not a big fan of sleeping alone in her nursery.  She'll level whomever is putting her to bed and say, "Stay.  Till sleep." 

Most everyone will give into her, so Rosetta has taken over bed time.  She always logics her way out of the situation.  I love my stone-hearted granddaughter. 

"No, Allegra," she says.  "There are no ghosts.  We put all the urns in a chest.  It is literally impossible that one will show up."

"Umph!"

"Yes, please umph quietly."

She attempts this manipulation even at nap time, sometimes.  "Crib scary."

"Nah, it's fine."

"No, Monna.  Scary.  You stay with me."

I'm not sure what to make of it.  Toddler behaviors often change quite a lot as a child gets older.  She certainly seems to have a very early knack for getting people to behave as she wishes.

She'll even climb into that treasure chest when she hears someone coming just in case she'll have the opportunity to be fussed over.  "Oh where's Allegra!" seems to delight her to no end.

If no one comes, she makes the best of that situation and plays with one of her many, many toys.

Eureka spends more time than she likely ought to playing with Allegra rather than building widgets.  I have to admit, I do rather like the jumping squid contraption she gave me a few months ago.

Mona Lisa even moved her whole studio down to the nursery for a while so Allegra wouldn't worry herself about being left alone.

In fact, Eureka has personally seen to much of Allegra's toddler training, despite our insistence that we have it under control.

Allegra seems to have this odd paranoia when learning skills that she is being watched and judged by an outside force.  It'll go normally for a bit.

"Can you say Eur-ek-a?" Eureka asks, for some reason assuming the mystery plate in her thought bubble.  "Eur-ee-ka."

"Mamamamama," says Allegra, fully aware that she is antagonizing her mother.  "Mama."

"Eur-ee-ka"

"Hehe.  Mama."

Then it'll get weird.

"Music?  Con-cert?"

"Dey know, Mama!"

"Who?  Knows what, darling?"

"Watching, Mama."

"We're alone here, my darling."

"Nah."

Eunice picked up a Genie themed bear at the consignment shop, which Allegra now clings to.  It seems to have helped her spooky concerns. 

Eden said, "Can we call him Kazaam?"

Allegra said.  "No.  Nonono.  Jin-Jin."

Eden said, "Well, my idea was better."

Allegra said, "Nope."

Sometimes she takes to gnawing at Jin-Jin's ear.  We're not sure why she does that.

The community is very curious about the new Classic immortal.  Mona Lisa has had to thaw out a paparazzi outside of the nursery window no less than four times this winter.  You'd think in gratitude, she'd leave us be.

Humberto, the darling boy, has stopped performing for tips due to the snow and attempts to steal his daughter away from the grandmothers when he can.  She definitely loves her daddy.

"Can you say Dada?  Dad-dy?"

"Humberto," Allegra says flatly.

"Well, I never!" he gasps in mock offense and scoops her up for a round of tickling.

I think our sixth immortal Classic has a bright future ahead of her.  She is already showing a very distinct aptitude for music and almost never tries to eat the drumstick. 

I don't mind dreaming of the old days, all in all.  I do miss Carlotta and Camillo and our little house and meagre means.  But all of this grand accomplishment ... well, that's quite something too.  Don't you think?