Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942897 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #750 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
!!!

I'm so sorry Pam!  That travel bug has ruined more Legacies of mine than I'd care to share, simply because it's too upsetting!  So sorry your luck ran out with your Dynasty, of all things!  Many HUGS to you, as I know how disheartening it can be.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #751 on: September 18, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
I have added the following strong recommendation to the rule set immediately following the travel ban rule:

• *Due to some really major traveling bugs it is highly recommended you do not travel with any unmarried Sims.

@Pam, please add this to the Guide rule set at your earliest convenience.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #752 on: September 18, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »
Just thought I'd share this, it's an oldie but a goodie, a thread about the Family Tree bug.  I went ahead and updated it on page 4 with my own ideas on how it works and how to avoid it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #753 on: September 18, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »
Thanks, Metro.  I've got the Guide updated.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #754 on: September 18, 2010, 01:37:49 AM »
So sorry to hear that Pam, I know the feeling.  Even though you lost a week, it is better than losing it altogether.  I had already decided when I started over, I am not even going to travel at all.  I know that might be overdoing it, but rather not travel, than go through all that mess again.  I noticed also, when on vacation, they would sit down to eat, then pop back up, they did that a number of times.  I had never had then not be able to talk to anyone though.  EA really needs to look into this, I mean seriously, this is going beyond being amusing, which we are not.  Sorry again, hang in there.  It is such a good story, I would really hate for you to quit.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #755 on: September 18, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »
Awwww Pam! That really sucks!  :'(

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #756 on: September 18, 2010, 02:33:23 AM »
I would like to share a tidbit though.  I do have a 5 generation family and realized they had never been hit by the running bug and I thought what is the difference in that family than other families.  If you have a football or baseball and put it in the child's inventory, they are more likely to play catch than want to play tag.  That is all this family does is play catch, which is fine with me, now that I saw no running around.  Their family tree is still intact, only because I think the main sim went on vacation a very long time ago.  That is the only family I know that does not run around, so I got a football and baseball for my dynasty family and will see what happens, but I am sure they will come across someone that is going to want to play tag, will keep fingers though, so far so good in this family, wish I could have used them in dynasty.  Just thought that might help. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #757 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:41 AM »
Pam I'm so sorry!  I know how bad this feels.  Gee, and here I thought I had it bad with being only up to gen2.  Kudos to you for keeping going!  I was really getting into your story line.

My own latest effort featuring Winter and Jon is going well.  He has his painting skill up and is working on the first attempt at Winter as a YA.  She has her fishing skill up to level 8 so should be able to start packing away deathfish.  Gardening is a bit slower but moving along as is cooking.  Nothing to write home about but I'm happy to not have to fish much at the moment.  I definitely need to make some Best Friends so it looks like it's party time.  After a party or two I think I'll try for baby and be prepared for an adorable nooboo.  I think I focus more on their house than I probably should, but it drives me bonkers to have them living poorly.  It really is a flaw that slows my game down a lot, but that's me.  I can build so I do.  Photos about to be posted on the current work in progress home for them.  I like the octagons and think they would make an awesome museum.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #758 on: September 18, 2010, 04:21:02 AM »
@Saltypaws:

That sounds like a great idea.  I'm going to try it, too.  You might want to post it in the thread about the runaround bug, as well.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #759 on: September 18, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about traveling bug :( Thank you for the advice to avoid runaround bug, but traveling... I love that part the most and I have to involve traveling in game, even thought about having foreign brides in dynasty, but those who I choose not the random one. And how things looks for now, when my second generation reach YA Zelda will probably die (if she doesn't end up as Christopher did with crazy 117 days) so I already thought about sending father and a son to a trip, just after sons birthday. I'll have to save game before it and give it a try.

In my game omniplant is now not feedable anymore. Options are to view and check the diet, nothing has been feed, and info said it is harvestable (when I put cursor on the plant). So I guess that is it, but it was a great harvest and now I have 11 deadfish and around 20 life fruits but both fishing and gardening are at level 8, so they are free for supermaxing. Second heir will be the gardener so hopefully omniplant opportunity will pop up, because I refuse it for several times now. As I remember, gardening need to be on level 10 to get that last opportunity and to be able to plant omniplant.

steelviper266

« Reply #760 on: September 18, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »
Hi steelviper266. Welcome to the forum. This is a stand-alone challenge that you play at your own pace. There's no time limit as opposed to the many 2010 Tournament challenges. So, basically, you just read the rule set posted at the beginning of this thread, create your Young Adult, and dive in. It's a lot of fun. Everyone that's writing stories has wonderful, different angles that they're taking (no pressure to write a story... a lot of players just enjoy that aspect too).

Go for it and have fun. Post any problems you have and we're here to help.  :)

I purchased 15 summerhill ct, which almost broke me...edited town turned Wagner's Repose into community lot and using it to sleep, eat, read, write, bath...but returning to 15 summerhill ct every 3 days to pay bills. Is this considered cheating? Btw, running game custom content disabled.

One more "?" obviously "Immortal Dynasty Challenge" will take some time to complete...the rules state  

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #761 on: September 18, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
I purchased 15 summerhill ct, which almost broke me...edited town turned Wagner's Repose into community lot and using it to sleep,eat,read,write,bath...

Nope. Can't enter Edit Town. That's against the rules. So if you wish to be added to the Dynasty Hall of Fame down the road, you'll need to start over and not touch Edit Town. Read all the rules carefully and ask questions before beginning. If you don't care about being added to the HOF, then just continue with your current game.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #762 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »
Steelviper, you can allways use Fire Station to live in. Also, you can read some of the stories to see how others start with same amount of cash ;)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #763 on: September 18, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
Salty - That's really awesome about playing catch, what a great idea!  Right now I only have 1 Sim with the runaround bug, Gamma.  She caught it from one of Alpha's childish girlfriends.  UGH!  I'm thinking about taking her on Vacation in the hopes of getting rid of it, we'll see.

steelviper266

« Reply #764 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Nope. Can't enter Edit Town. That's against the rules. So if you wish to be added to the Dynasty Hall of Fame down the road, you'll need to start over and not touch Edit Town. Read all the rules carefully and ask questions before beginning. If you don't care about being added to the HOF, then just continue with your current game.

Ok, thank you all.  Luckily, I was just starting out, so I'm going to restart.  ;D

anything