Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971937 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
@samoht:

Are you restarting?

Nope, I just lost my plan of what I was going to get people do do in future gens.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #736 on: September 17, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
Samoht, I think the guitar skill is completely wasted on your founder.  That's a skill you could easily have another Immortal take up later on.  My opinion is that the founder needs to pick cooking, gardening, or fishing as their super max, with perhaps doing two of those skills all the way up to level 10 (gardening and cooking).  You can catch deathfish sooner than level 10 fishing, but you will need quite a few for ambrosia, so either you need to have omni plants and produce the fish that way, or you need to have someone earlier on supermax fishing.  I have my gen 3 immortal supermax fishing, and I was just barely able to get enough fish for gen 1 and 2 immortal without having one of them max out fishing accidentally.

The only way I could see getting by with having your last immortal do fishing, is if every spouse until then takes up that skill, and for me, that's a lot more work than is necessary.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #737 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:32 PM »
I have to max Guitar for my founder as there are no painting LTW apart from double skills and she won't roll any different LTW's that are easily done so I have in a way messed up.  :-\

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #738 on: September 17, 2010, 02:09:04 PM »
You can't pick a cooking LTW?  Your founder is a natural cook, right?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2010, 02:10:56 PM »
I have to max Guitar for my founder as there are no painting LTW apart from double skills and she won't roll any different LTW's that are easily done so I have in a way messed up.  :-\

Yeah, getting a good LTW can be hard.  That's why I gave my Gen 2 sculptor the "frugal" trait which I didn't particularly want, just so she could get "Swimming in Cash".  Have you considered doing something like that?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »
Well I guess I could switch over to cooking. I think I may, wish me luck!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #741 on: September 17, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »
Good luck, Samoht!

I'm sorry I said guitar was pointless, obviously if you're not getting a LTW that works then you gotta find something that will.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
OK, I'll give it a try. I bought her steel bladder and midlife crisis so it might help. But I can't waste a few days to sculpt in wood, metal and stone now, later when Gabriel become an Adult I will chase that challenge.

Are you playing with the Immortal Dynasty rules?  Midlife Crisis is banned for immortals.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #743 on: September 17, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
Are you playing with the Immortal Dynasty rules?  Midlife Crisis is banned for immortals.

Pam, Anushka was discussing Mid-Life Crisis in reference to Zelda Mae, the Founder's wife.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  I didn't follow closely enough.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
Oh, man.  I can't believe what's happened.  I got the travel bug for the first time and it completely broke my Dreamweaver Dynasty.  It started with Indigo having a dead husband in China and apparently a grown daughter working at the General Store.  And my family tree was busted.  It wouldn't show anyone but the active Sim.  Just the one single face, except for Indigo, which also showed her dead husband.  Well, I could live with this.  I wasn't happy about it, but it wasn't a game breaker.  So then, I completed the 17 day vacation with huge amounts of progress for Nectarine and Periwinkle, lots of great relics from Indigo's adventures, and tons of gems and metals from Carina's collecting.  The vacation was over and they went home.  At this point, they poofed out of existance.  Back at home, there was only Kenny.  His relationship panel didn't show any of the Dreamweaver women.  They were just...  gone.  So, I exited without saving and tried to send them home with the phone instead, but it was too close to midnight and the trip ended on its own.  The same thing happened.  Just Kenny.  Alrighty then.  I loaded the save prior to the one right before leaving China and used the phone to send them home.  No luck.  Still just Kenny back in Sunset Valley. 

The only good news is that I save several copies of my game and rotate them out.  Like, I have Dreamweaver A, Dreamweaver B, and Dreamweaver C.  Both A and B were corrupted beyond repair.  So I loaded Dreamweaver C.  Christopher is still alive and is 108 days old, so it's about 9 days prior to the files I lost.  Argh!!

Did someone here say they thought the travel bug was fixed?  No.  No, it's not.  It's definitely not.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Oh, man.  I can't believe what's happened.  I got the travel bug for the first time and it completely broke my Dreamweaver Dynasty.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*Gasp pant*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're not stopping the Dynasty, are you? Please tell me you're not stopping the dynasty!  :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2010, 10:14:11 PM »
Pam, I feel so bad about your wasted gameplay!  But at least you could return to an earlier save.  I am doing very little travelling because of my fear of bugs.  When I do travel, I save before leaving and then don't save again until my sim/s are home, so if necessary I can exit without saving and haven't lost anything except the wasted time.

On the bright side, maybe Christopher will live even longer this time round.

Glad you don't have to start over.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:53 PM »
 :'(  :'(  :'( Oh, no, Pam. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry. What a waste of your precious time. Rats!!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  It's a kick in the guts, but I'm not going to stop the dynasty.  I've also been advised to not take a single adult Sim traveling and this makes sense to me considering it was Indigo who got the husband and kid that seem to start this whole mess.  I'm very relieved that I still had that save file, even if I have to replay a whole Sim week or more.  Periwinkle had gotten all the way to level 10 in Sculpting and was only a couple ice sculptures away from having them not melt.  Nectarine had at least 25 paintings in her inventory ready to sell when she got home to get her to level 10 in her Painting profession.  Sorry, Indigo.  No more travel for you!  Oh, another thing...  the interactions were bugged, too.  They would talk to each other on their own well enough, but if I gave the command, it would bounce off.  And I couldn't command them to eat, either.  They would start, then bounce off and be standing by the table without having eaten.  They couldn't introduce themselves to other Sims or anything.  I think I had every EA bug in the world hit my game all at once. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything