Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942565 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #765 on: September 18, 2010, 02:37:14 PM »
Regarding the travel bugs, what is the best way to check that all is well upon your return? Is it enough to examine the travelers' family trees? Family trees of household who stayed at home? Anything else that can confirm that all is well?

Also, do married sims never get afflicted with the phantom children? I keep noticing my sim's flirty husband paying too much attention to local women when traveling.

Also, I want to share a tip. I like Pam's idea of rotating 3 save files, but as she learned, 3 could well have not been enough. I keep a new save file for each save. My Rabbit legacy is numbered starting at 1 and goes on forever. The trick is not to overload the Saves folder with too many save games. So I frequently "prune" that folder, moving the less current save files into another folder outside of the Sims 3 folder. That keeps the game running smoothly, and I have a complete history of the family back to the beginning. If you don't have the hard drive space for that, obviously you don't need to save every single one, but having many to go back to is great insurance.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #766 on: September 18, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »
I have a question about the career aspect of the Dynasty.  This question arises because my self-employed sims have such trouble getting opportunities.  If I have a painter who will ultimately maximize the painting career - that is his chosen career - and I put him in another job for a week or two, just to get a few opportunities, not to come anywhere close to maximizing that job - can I later use that job track as another sim's career to maximize?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

steelviper266

« Reply #767 on: September 18, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »
Steelviper, you can allways use Fire Station to live in. Also, you can read some of the stories to see how others start with same amount of cash ;)

Heh! Never thought of that. Everything else, but fire station never crossed my mind. Lol.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #768 on: September 18, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
I have a question about the career aspect of the Dynasty.  This question arises because my self-employed sims have such trouble getting opportunities.  If I have a painter who will ultimately maximize the painting career - that is his chosen career - and I put him in another job for a week or two, just to get a few opportunities, not to come anywhere close to maximizing that job - can I later use that job track as another sim's career to maximize?

Yes. The maxing a career requirement is not as stringent as other requirements where uniqueness takes over. Just because one immortal gets to level 4 in one career, that does not prevent another immortal from maxing the same career. So, definitely do it. Good strategy.

EDIT: Just checked out the specific rule and it says, "All  immortals careers must be different from each other." BUT — what I mean there is the specific maxed career for eating Ambrosia.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #769 on: September 18, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
EDIT: Just checked out the specific rule and it says, "All  immortals careers must be different from each other." BUT — what I mean there is the specific maxed career for eating Ambrosia.

That's what I was hoping, but thought I'd better check.  Thank you!  Things will be a lot easier for my self-employed sims now.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #770 on: September 18, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
Regarding the travel bugs, what is the best way to check that all is well upon your return? Is it enough to examine the travelers' family trees? Family trees of household who stayed at home? Anything else that can confirm that all is well?

Also, do married sims never get afflicted with the phantom children? I keep noticing my sim's flirty husband paying too much attention to local women when traveling.

Yes, the best way is to check the family trees.  If they all look good without any new members you didn't know about, then you should be fine.

I don't believe I've heard of any married Sims having the problem.  And I think it's mostly limited to females.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #771 on: September 18, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »
I have big news about photographs!  Turns out they DO appreciate in value.  I've got one of my founder as an Adult worth over $3,500!  Many of her daughter are now worth over $1,600.  It doesn't show an original value vs. current value; it just shows a value.  I was putting all of them in a digital frame to hang on the wall and noticed all the high values. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #772 on: September 18, 2010, 11:08:35 PM »
Actually, males are equally affected by the travel bug.  I've had many male sims who have had mystery children.

Although you can usually tell sometimes by checking the family tree, since the children are not born until they have reached the child stage it sometimes takes a lot longer before they appear.  Also, if suddenly you cannot access the family tree, it is because you have a mystery child and the bug has already progressed to that point.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #773 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
Yeah, listen to AriaGirl.  She knows more about it than I do.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #774 on: September 19, 2010, 07:37:47 AM »
Pam, that's great news about photos appreciating as well.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #775 on: September 19, 2010, 10:32:27 AM »
I don't believe I've heard of any married Sims having the problem.  And I think it's mostly limited to females.

My Generation 3's husband returned from a trip to France with a phantom child.  This child is shown as older than the child he and Gen 3 already have.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #776 on: September 19, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
Do'h! Back to the drawing board, I guess. :-\
Formerly Simstar3

WhiteRhinos

« Reply #777 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
Wow, this Challenge is going to be awesome!  I attempted the "He who must not be named" Legacy Challenge and became bored and never finished.  This is going to be very entertaining and challenging, with much more strategy involved.  Thanks Carl and Pam for my renewed desire to play Sims again.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #778 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
My Generation 3's husband returned from a trip to France with a phantom child.  This child is shown as older than the child he and Gen 3 already have.

Wow... I have never had a married sim end up with a mystery child, and I've had a lot of them unfortunately.  Maybe it's that there's a smaller risk when your Sim is married?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #779 on: September 20, 2010, 02:47:33 AM »
Ok, Winter is working toward her LTW of 5Star Chef but not progressing very fast.  No wonder since she has maxed out gardening and fishing but not supermaxed either one.  She is happily married to an elder Jon Lessen and they have one nooboo named Justin.  He is close to his LTW but spends most of his time, by demand, lol, painting and ice sculpting.  He also takes photos on his second best camera.  The best one was too spendy for their budget.

Sooo, now she has maxed fishing and gardening am I right in believing no other mortal may supermax either one of these?
If so, I think I will just supermax one of them, though I was hoping to super the cooking one.  She has her deathfish and is growing life fruit so all she needs is the recipe, get best friends and properties and age up.  Of course, it means losing Jon and frankly, I don't want to be there to see it.  Sigh.  I promised I wouldn't get attached.  FAIL.  Since there are other fishing ones, like perfect aquarium and other garden ones, perfect again, would my maxing out the basic skill prevent other immortals from choosing one of these to supermax or have as a LTW?  I really thought I understood the whole max/supermax and black ops thing.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery