Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942505 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #360 on: August 30, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Looking at the list in the Guide prompts another question:  can our Immortals get a simbot as an LTR?  There doesn't appear to be anything about this in the rules.  The rules do say "•No Sim may ever be moved out of the household by any means."  Now, if that applies to simbots as well, we'd be in trouble as we wouldn't have room in the house for the 8th generation (I assume a simbot counts as a member of the household).  But then, if anyone is going to do Inventing as their SuperMax skill, they'll need to make a simbot and either release it or keep it.  So can we get a simbot and release it, or are we going to have to not have them at all, which would mean Inventing can't be a SuperMax skill?

Excellent question. And Pam, I thought we had covered SimBots too, but oh well. One more edit!  :D I'll clarify this and post my change right here.

--------

EDIT: Here's the edit added concerning SimBots:

• SimBots may be obtained from a LTR or an Inventor can make them. However they must immediately be released into the wild.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »
I know we are to let non-immortals die naturally, and not expedite death, but if, say, a fire occurs and a non-immortal (accidentally) burns to death, is that okay, or would it be a rule violation since it's not an old age death?  What about other accidental non-immortal deaths (meteor, maybe)?

So I can't kill off my spouses(after giving birth etc) to collect the different types of ghosts?
And do I have to start over because I don't have a painted portrait of my founder as an adult?
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Tikki

« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »
And do I have to start over because I don't have a painted portrait of my founder as an adult?

Yes you do since you need a portrait of him As Young adult, adult and elder

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
*Sigh* Here we go again..

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »
So I can't kill off my spouses(after giving birth etc) to collect the different types of ghosts?

No, you can't kill off spouses, they must stick around until their natural time.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate others stepping in and filling in for me in my absence with rules clarifications. It saves me a great deal of time not having to answer every single little thing that comes up. So, my standard operating procedure in this is if no one has answered a question yet, then obviously I will do so. If someone interprets a rule incorrectly I will step in and give the correct answer. But, if someone answers another a player with the correct information, then there's no need for me to simply reply, "Yeah, what she said is right." :) Everyone just needs to assume that I read every post carefully, and I will jump in and correct someone if need be. Otherwise, you don't need to wait on me. If I'm not responding to a question, that means a) someone already gave out the correct answer, or b) I'm asleep.  ;D

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »
I recently came across what could be a a bit of a problem. My founders spouse, about 5/6 of adult life, was busy trying out handiness and fixing a TV when she got shocked an instantly
died. I nearly had heart failure I was so upset as I'd just spent ages leveling up her fishing and gardening for ingredients to give my founder to cook with. Anyway, she was then visited by Grim and he laughed or something and said he felt too sorry for her with her luck to take here away, and so she survived. I later realized that it was because of her Unlucky trait and felt ecstatic because she now had a full adult life ahead of her yet again!
My question is, won't people abuse this feature to keep founders and heirs/spouses alive fr longer? There aren't any restrictions on traits and it isn't too difficult to get a Sim to die in this way with the technophobe trait (to break stuff) and then fixing or even inventing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »
I recently came across what could be a a bit of a problem. My founders spouse, about 5/6 of adult life, was busy trying out handiness and fixing a TV when she got shocked an instantly
died. I nearly had heart failure I was so upset as I'd just spent ages leveling up her fishing and gardening for ingredients to give my founder to cook with. Anyway, she was then visited by Grim and he laughed or something and said he felt too sorry for her with her luck to take here away, and so she survived. I later realized that it was because of her Unlucky trait and felt ecstatic because she now had a full adult life ahead of her yet again!
My question is, won't people abuse this feature to keep founders and heirs/spouses alive fr longer? There aren't any restrictions on traits and it isn't too difficult to get a Sim to die in this way with the technophobe trait (to break stuff) and then fixing or even inventing.

I can't imagine anyone wasting a trait slot for an immortal with Unlucky just in hopes of avoiding an "accident" because immortal's traits are locked and cannot be changed. As far as the spouse goes, Unlucky is still not going to prevent a death from old age, and that's how the vast majority of spouses will pass. And there is the specific rule that you cannot intentionally do anything to prolong the lives of spouses, so technically a player would be breaking the rules by choosing Unlucky for that specific purpose.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
The problem is, sorry I neglected to actually mention it lol except a small hint, that when they survive, their lifetimes are reset, that's why I said I was happy because she would live her adult life again.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
The problem is, sorry I neglected to actually mention it lol except a small hint, that when they survive, their lifetimes are reset, that's why I said I was happy because she would live her adult life again.

My position stands. If you're choosing a particular spouse because of the Unlucky trait knowing full well that he/she will reset their age upon an "accidental" death, you're breaking the rules and cannot continue. I do not need to specifically ban Unlucky because of the existing rule of not intentionally doing anything to prolong a spouse's life. If you have a clear conscious and were completely unaware of the connection between Unlucky and not dying from an accident, fine...you can continue.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
when they survive, their lifetimes are reset, that's why I said I was happy because she would live her adult life again.

I didn't know that!  In any case, as the household gets bigger and bigger, I suspect I'll be glad to see the non-Immortals move on to their appointment with the Reaper.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »
Quoted from guide:

"Placing Paintings and Photographs May Help: While Sculptures your Sim creates can't be placed on your Venues' lots by any means I can tell. The reason for this is at the lot your Family Inventory is not visible, just the inventory of the lot you're on. Paintings and Photographs can be placed in your Sim's inventory, and they can place them on walls while not in Buy Mode. Simply visit the lot and hang them on the wall. The photo or painting's value will count toward the total you're trying to reach. Unfortunately, these do not appreciate in value once on a lot. They need to be in your inventory or home for that to work."

Won't that pose a small problem with the museum if you buy it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »
Won't that pose a small problem with the museum if you buy it?

Yeah, obviously if you're shooting for a "max value" strategy for your museum, then you clearly want the museum on your lot and not another lot that you have purchased elsewhere in the neighborhood.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
Okay, so accidental death for non-immortal spouse is all right then?  I was finally able to get my founder to immortal status last night, but I was worried it wouldn't count, as her husband had died from fire.  You see, Chizue (my founder) was frantically trying to get electronic objects to break to complete one of the handiness skill challenges (her supermax skill; and sadly I had no technophobe to break things for me), and so I performed an experiment on the tv (she had maxed the Science career), and it instantly burst into flames.  I started freaking out and frantically called the fire department...meanwhile the tv next to the tv (I was really trying to get stuff to break, lol) caught on fire too, and I was really worried it was going to get Chizue or Choukou (her daughter and second immortal to-be).  Luckily they both survived...but Chizue's elder spouse Billy (non-immortal) had become a pile of ashes without my noticing!  That's okay under the rules, right?  (Though I really was sad for poor Billy.)

Thanks for answering. :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
I would think that's ok for the rules, because you didn't stick him in the fire and watch him die...it was an accident.

anything