Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707761 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2235 on: February 19, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »
@Alex - great job getting into the HOF. :)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2236 on: February 19, 2017, 10:11:05 PM »
6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten. Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died.

My current heir is working on big happy family, and to do so, one of her sons has had children to women living outside the house (he's her second-born, working as a pollinator. The heir himself is still childless). She also has to become good friends with at least one of these grandchildren to complete her aspiration. My question is, would her friendship with one of those grandchildren count towards this requirement, even if the grandchild is still a toddler when she does eat Ambrosia?

EDIT: oooh, another thing I meant to ask was about the successful lineage aspiration. I'm using that one as a free for all that founders/heirs can work on after eating Ambrosia (you know, for points!), but as many people know, it's pretty glitchy. Are we allowed to use the 'aspirations.complete_current_milestone' cheat code for 'have a child reach the top of a career' and "have a child complete an aspiration' requirements if they don't trigger and have already happened (her daughter has finished at least four aspirations, and she's at the top of the writer:author career)? Or should I just forget about working on it? Because my founder definitely would have completed it by now (she's done everything else for the aspiration), but of course, those requirements haven't taken yet.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2237 on: February 20, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
I'm back with another question, which I think is the last one...for now.  :) I'm hoping to clarify the rule that states all Sims must be asked to moved in. If my founder asks one Sim to move in with her, can I use this opportunity to move in the rest of the household as well? Or would my Sim have to individually ask the other household members to move in?

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2238 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:51 PM »
I'm back with another question, which I think is the last one...for now.  :) I'm hoping to clarify the rule that states all Sims must be asked to moved in. If my founder asks one Sim to move in with her, can I use this opportunity to move in the rest of the household as well? Or would my Sim have to individually ask the other household members to move in?
I'm not on the team, but you can definitely move in the whole household at once - that's what most Dynasty players do. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2239 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »
Excellent! Thank you so much for the response, @Whirligig. :)

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2240 on: February 21, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »
Does the Vampire Lore Skill count towards the skill requirement or is it disqualified like Dancing en Photography?
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2241 on: February 28, 2017, 04:37:15 PM »
My Pollinator had a son with Jade Rosa, she is getting close to her end of life and it's just her and the son. Can I use the "ask to move in " and just move him in before she dies, so I lose him to culling? He is seven days from being teen.  @Nutella @MarianT @Metropolis Man @ratchie @Trip

Edited: I went ahead and had Damien move in with Paolo. Jade passed and Paolo is on his last leg, so to speak. I will make sure he has a comfortable end of life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2242 on: March 02, 2017, 07:56:33 PM »
@sdhoey - my apologies that your question went unanswered for several days. I'll be the first to admit the I am not nearly as comfortable making rulings in Dynasties as I was in Sims 3 because they keep getting additions and are more complicated than the simple Tournament rules. I'll have a talk with the team and see if we can be more timely with responses.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2243 on: March 02, 2017, 08:20:05 PM »
6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten. Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died.

My current heir is working on big happy family, and to do so, one of her sons has had children to women living outside the house (he's her second-born, working as a pollinator. The heir himself is still childless). She also has to become good friends with at least one of these grandchildren to complete her aspiration. My question is, would her friendship with one of those grandchildren count towards this requirement, even if the grandchild is still a toddler when she does eat Ambrosia?

Yes, that's fine.

EDIT: oooh, another thing I meant to ask was about the successful lineage aspiration. I'm using that one as a free for all that founders/heirs can work on after eating Ambrosia (you know, for points!), but as many people know, it's pretty glitchy. Are we allowed to use the 'aspirations.complete_current_milestone' cheat code for 'have a child reach the top of a career' and "have a child complete an aspiration' requirements if they don't trigger and have already happened (her daughter has finished at least four aspirations, and she's at the top of the writer:author career)? Or should I just forget about working on it? Because my founder definitely would have completed it by now (she's done everything else for the aspiration), but of course, those requirements haven't taken yet.

You can use the cheat if necessary.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2244 on: March 04, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
Not to be a bother, but can someone please answer the question I posted on februari 21?  :'(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2245 on: March 04, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
Does the Vampire Lore Skill count towards the skill requirement or is it disqualified like Dancing en Photography?

Let's go ahead and say it's fine given Vampire Lore caps at 15 compared to only lvl 5 for Dancing and Photography. Sorry for delay in response.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2246 on: March 05, 2017, 02:41:17 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2247 on: March 07, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
Sorry to pester, but I was just wondering about a couple of things.

Firstly, regarding Manage Worlds: I know we can repopulate once only. Prior to the introduction of that rule, we were allowed to use manage worlds to evict ghosts whenever we needed to. Can we still evict ghosts from houses at any time, as many times as necessary, as long as we aren't manually moving households into the homes previously occupied by ghosts (thus repopulating).

Secondly, regarding the use of skill-boosting perks in clubs.

If I'm not using lot traits, I can have as many different clubs as I want, correct? As well as a household club, there's a kids club, a pollinator's club, etc. The only adult-skill-boosting perk my household club has is for Charisma, as per this rule. I understand it would be not in the spirit of the rule for other clubs to have other skill-boosting perks, (I can't have club A booting Charisma, and then club B boosting mischief - I get that). At the moment, apart from the household club, none of my other clubs have any skill-boosting perks. But would I be allowed to add the Charisma skill-boosting perk to those other clubs, as it's the same skill the household club boosts?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2248 on: March 07, 2017, 09:06:40 AM »
I am not a hundred percent sure about the clubs. I will get another member of the challenge team to take a look. @MarianT can you help.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2249 on: March 07, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »
@Whirligig,

Yes, you can evict the ghosts any time, and yes, having the same skill-boosting perk in several clubs is okay.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.