Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708075 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »
I lost some progress on sims 3 with that stuff happening, been lucky until now in sims 4.

is the sims 4 crashing a regular thing now?  I've lost weeks (sims-4wise) of time.  and the autosave mod did not work...
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
is the sims 4 crashing a regular thing now?  I've lost weeks (sims-4wise) of time.  and the autosave mod did not work...

It only happens to me if and when I don't save for long periods of time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
I've never had my game crash so far. (Just in case, I save after any major events).

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
The crashing happens to me, too on occasion.  There's never a rhyme or reason either.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #379 on: November 25, 2014, 03:01:48 AM »
I haven't had any crashing, but I have had thermal shutdowns causing me to lose progress, which is almost worse...

In other news, I did a thing, and I'm now worried that I may have failed my Dynasty. My three sims were meant to have their birthdays on the same day, the founder's adult birthday, his wife's elder birthday, and his son's teen birthday. This happened to fall on the weekend so first thing on the saturday the ticker reaches 0 days left and I get the notification "Why not throw a lovely birthday party for Adam/Nevaeh/Noah?" I first threw a party with Noah as the birthday sim, but the flarbing "Compliment the birthday sim 4 times" requirement rolled and no amount of "compliment outfit" and "congratulate" would do - long story short he only got a silver medal which is fine, but obviously doesn't count for the dynasty party requirement. So I've still got a few hours of daylight left, I throw another party on the Saturday for Adam, the founder. I get the same darn flarbing compliment requirement and again, only get a silver. Everyone's in needy desperation at this point so I call it a simday and send everyone to bed. Next morning, Sunday, Neveah still hasn't auto-aged up to elder so Adam throws a birthday party for her and I finally succeed at getting the gold medal for the event.

But now I'm worried. Did I age Adam and Noah up a day early? The ticker read 0 days until birthday, and I got the "it's so-and-so's birthday" notification, but there weren't any sparkles in the ticker (I don't think) and they all could have remained in their current age until the Sunday as Nevaeh did, I'm assuming. I haven't played/observed birthdays in this game close enough to know the mechanics in detail yet.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2014, 03:51:38 AM »
From you get the notification, today is there birthday there will go 24 hours before the game automatically ages the sim, so you have 24 hours to blow out the candles.
The sparkles should have been there though, they always are in my games.

I would say go with it this time, but watch it in the future. As far as my thinking goes you are alright and can continue.

Guys if you do disagree please write it :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »
I'm not a member of the team, but I have noticed that it can take at least 24 hours for the game to age a Sim up.  You get the notification, and the age bar reads 0 days until aging up.  I think it's either 12 hours or 24 hours later that the age bar then "bubbles".  I haven't clocked how long it takes from there to age up, but it does seem like a long time.  Those are just my observations though.  But when the game notifies you, the age bar should read 0.  Has anyone else noticed anything different?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #382 on: November 25, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »

Mine has been crashing more often lately. It freezes more often than it crashes. I discovered if I open my task manager, then close it that the game starts running again. I don't know what that does to the game, but I almost never need to close the game to fix freezing problems.

ETA to add Dynasty question rather than double post. Do childhood aspirations count for the unique aspiration requirement?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #383 on: November 25, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
Childhood aspirations don't count:

2. Complete two Adult Aspirations no other Heir has completed.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #384 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »
I have a rules question.  When counting the six good friends, does the spouse count if the friendship bar is high enough?  Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »
I have a rules question.  When counting the six good friends, does the spouse count if the friendship bar is high enough?  Thanks!

Reread the rule - the good friends cannot be household members.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
Reread the rule - the good friends cannot be household members.

That's what I thought.  Thanks for confirming!

Offline Fuzzle

• Nooboo
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »
So I've been having an odd bug. Any toilet on the second or third floor cannot be flushed or cleaned. Using the 'reset object' cheat fixes the issue. Is this permitted until the bug is fixed in a patch?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #388 on: November 25, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »
Can the BFF of the second generation be a good friend of the founder and still qualify for ambrosia?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #389 on: November 26, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »
From what I understand the BFF of one generation can be good friends of others.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

anything