Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705567 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2625 on: August 16, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
Hi Joria! *waves
My sim household couldn't cook after the patch either. Whenever I sent my sim to bake a cake, she'd just wave her hand with a red x in her thought bubble.
After I cursed and pulled out some hair, I replaced their fridge & stove. Now she can bake cake again.

Temporary workaround: You could visit a restaurant and order a cake, then stash the cake in your inventory and proceed to your party venue.
This won't work, of course, if your sims get a party task to bake a cake....
Best wishes.

Thanks oshizu, I have been searching the net and trying to find if someone else has reported this, but I can't find anything. And I don't have this problem in game. But I am not giving up, I will keep looking for an answer.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2626 on: August 16, 2019, 09:16:48 PM »
Hmmm, a new fridge and stove. Well, she just maxed the cooking aspiration so a fridge she has.  I'll try that.

On another note, I had a fairly recent backup file and decided to try that file and voila, my Sims could bake.  Not sure why but now I don't know whether to stick with the back up or go with the later version.  Of course, in the back up my founder has not yet maxed her aspiration so that could be a reason to go with the newer file.  Or maybe the EA genie has simply fixed the baking problem?  Will have to try to new file, sans new appliances, to see.

EDIT  Tried the newest, broken, file.  No EA genie's had appeared, things were broken yet as far as baking was concerned.  Tried with new appliances and this was a no go either.  I think this file is corrupted somehow so will go with the earlier, save file where you can still cook cakes.  Deleting the newer, broken, file.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2627 on: August 20, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
If a child completes an Emotional Whim,  does it count towards their requirements as an adult?  For instance, Cried it Out for being sad, or such like?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2628 on: August 20, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »
If a child completes an Emotional Whim,  does it count towards their requirements as an adult?  For instance, Cried it Out for being sad, or such like?

yes, that is fine.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2629 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »

No, the whims have been from the when they become YA. That is when they start their adult requirements.

I'm a bit confused by this because nothing that I can see in the rules says they must be YA before working on their requirements. They can contribute kid's activity table drawings as museum pieces (which they obviously have to draw when they are still children) and can complete aspirations as teens. They can also max skills and complete their museum collections as teens and I know prior players have started working on parties when the heir is a teen.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2630 on: August 20, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »
They are only requiring the whims to be completed from YA, not the rest of the requirements.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2631 on: August 20, 2019, 08:13:32 PM »
They are only requiring the whims to be completed from YA, not the rest of the requirements.

Actually, the whims can be completed at any age.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2632 on: August 20, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »
Thank you MarianT, I corrected my response to Joria. Sorry guys, I am suffering from a major migraine today.

Again Thank you MarianT for jumping in.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2633 on: September 07, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
I'm almost certain that the Potion of Immortality will be banned for this challenge when Realm of Magic comes out.  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2634 on: September 07, 2019, 04:32:41 PM »
I'm almost certain that the Potion of Immortality will be banned for this challenge when Realm of Magic comes out.  ;D

Yep. There would not be much point in making Ambrosia if we did not ban it.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2635 on: September 07, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »
Ream Of Magic "ROM" Comes out on Tuesday 9/10/19.

Please hold off any questions you may have for the team. We have to have time to go thru everything, test, and make decisions. There is ALOT of information coming from this pack, so please give us the time we need to make decisions.

Thank you.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2636 on: September 11, 2019, 08:03:11 PM »
 I would not be surprised if the Magic Realm is banned for this dynasty as well as spellcasters in general. Glimmerbrook is not compatible with this Dynasty as it only has four lots, one is a community lot and the only empty lot is a tiny 30x20 and the others are  probably too small. Because Glimmerbrook is probably not a good place to do this Dynasty and the Magic Realm will probably be banned, I wouldn't be angry if this was the first pack that gets banned for the Dynasty and you have to disable it to play the challenge for the Hall of Fame, there is so much EZPZ stuff that makes the challenge mindless it's stupid:

* Death Flowers and Angelfish can be purchased from the Caster's Ally. Sure, it might not always be there, but if you are a rich Dynasty founder, you will grab 999 Death Flowers if you have the chance!
* Certain things(Familiars, Potion of Potent Resurrection) protect from a fatal death, so heirs no longer need to hide in bunkers and do nothing.
* Non-spellcaster heir dead from fire? Just cast Necrocall and Dedeathify, you're safe!

I agree with Carl's video, EA needs to do some nerfs to this pack or we need to force Dynasty challengers to install nerf mods. This may be the first challenge which not only allows nerf mods, it demands them!

Also, has anyone had issues with the game crashing randomly? I have, which cost me a Dynasty. I think that Sims 4 is getting too bloated with content. Might give up on Sims 4 and pretend it never existed, might go back to Sims 3 or just stop Simming in general and go back to Pokemon. I hate to be depressed but it was inevitable that EA Maxis has made Sims 4 jump the shark just for a cash grab and not carefully checking their content. I mean, my game started glitching a lot. I think my game crashed because I teleported into the Secret Lab in Strangerville. :(

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2637 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »
I would not be surprised if the Magic Realm is banned for this dynasty as well as spellcasters in general. Glimmerbrook is not compatible with this Dynasty as it only has four lots, one is a community lot and the only empty lot is a tiny 30x20 and the others are  probably too small. Because Glimmerbrook is probably not a good place to do this Dynasty and the Magic Realm will probably be banned, I wouldn't be angry if this was the first pack that gets banned for the Dynasty and you have to disable it to play the challenge for the Hall of Fame, there is so much EZPZ stuff that makes the challenge mindless it's stupid:

* Death Flowers and Angelfish can be purchased from the Caster's Ally. Sure, it might not always be there, but if you are a rich Dynasty founder, you will grab 999 Death Flowers if you have the chance!
* Certain things(Familiars, Potion of Potent Resurrection) protect from a fatal death, so heirs no longer need to hide in bunkers and do nothing.
* Non-spellcaster heir dead from fire? Just cast Necrocall and Dedeathify, you're safe!

I agree with Carl's video, EA needs to do some nerfs to this pack or we need to force Dynasty challengers to install nerf mods. This may be the first challenge which not only allows nerf mods, it demands them!

Also, has anyone had issues with the game crashing randomly? I have, which cost me a Dynasty. I think that Sims 4 is getting too bloated with content. Might give up on Sims 4 and pretend it never existed, might go back to Sims 3 or just stop Simming in general and go back to Pokemon. I hate to be depressed but it was inevitable that EA Maxis has made Sims 4 jump the shark just for a cash grab and not carefully checking their content. I mean, my game started glitching a lot. I think my game crashed because I teleported into the Secret Lab in Strangerville. :(

Not necessarily true, please don't just assume things about a pack before we have had a chance to fully explore and examine all aspects of the packs. 

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2638 on: September 12, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
We already have a rule on needing to obtain all ambrosia ingredients through fishing/gardening/satisfaction points and banning resurrection through other means. I'm not saying it shouldn't be nerfed in a patch (I'm not a Maxis dev after all) but dynasty-breakers are nothing new.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2639 on: September 12, 2019, 06:58:34 PM »
Realm Of Magic:

ADDED:
Glimmerbrook Lot -- Rock Ridge Canyon to the list of Lots.

Rules: Pot
Spellcasters will be allowed to have a Familiar AFTER eating Ambrosia.

Potions:
  • Rejuvation BANNED
  • Immortality BANNED
  • Prompt Resurrection BANNED

Spells:
  • Nerco Call Banned
  • DeDeathify Banned

anything