Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706088 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2610 on: July 31, 2019, 06:36:13 AM »
I'm still a little confused, because I watched Carl just move in an elemental without ambrosia or anything.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2611 on: July 31, 2019, 07:16:42 AM »
I'm still a little confused, because I watched Carl just move in an elemental without ambrosia or anything.

There are too options, he states that in his video, one requires ambrosia and one doesn't.
But once a sim is a ghost, you aren't allowed to bring them back to life. Either way you are extending their life, and that is not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2612 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:55 AM »
Every time I read and reread the rules list I find something I missed.  In this case in the Clubs rules, you are only allowed one ADULT perk but you can add the childhood one, like doing homework or mental increase?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2613 on: August 14, 2019, 05:08:21 AM »
Every time I read and reread the rules list I find something I missed.  In this case in the Clubs rules, you are only allowed one ADULT perk but you can add the childhood one, like doing homework or mental increase?

That's definitely the way I understood it and did it. If the rule in fact combines adult and child perk into the one restriction, I'll have to restart lol

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2614 on: August 14, 2019, 08:06:57 AM »
@Joria @Deklitch: The rule is pretty clearly about adult skilling perks, and they're the only ones listed in the perks list as well. In my opinion, even if we broadened the rule (I don't think homework/kid skills are exactly game-changing but who knows) it would be unfair to penalize players who read the rule down to the letter and followed it how it was written.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2615 on: August 14, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
Thank you for the clarification, @Trip. It wasn't clear to me that it was just about adult skilling perks. My confusion in this case was due to a response from Shannon to me regarding clubs, which quoted about the one adult skill boosting club perk from the ruleset but continued on to say "if you pick "creative" that's it. no more."

So, to summarise for my tired brain: one Adult Skilling Perk, all the child skill perks (homework, creative, mental, motor, social) and all the other types of perks are permitted.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2616 on: August 14, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »
I'm gonna wait for a second mod to chime in but the rules would imply that, yes.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2617 on: August 14, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
Yes dek. Sorry, I was away from my phone and not home.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2618 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:01 PM »
So just to be sure I've got this, if you 'Ask to Move In' an Elemental, who then becomes a totally normal adult or young adult or elder depending on their age as generated by the game, it is considered 'extending their lives' to move them in? Even though you're just technically moving a townie into the house? The reason I'm a little confused is that I know extended Life States, like Vampires, cannot be moved in but that does not stop you from Curing the vampire and moving them in as a normal sim.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2619 on: August 14, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
So just to be sure I've got this, if you 'Ask to Move In' an Elemental, who then becomes a totally normal adult or young adult or elder depending on their age as generated by the game, it is considered 'extending their lives' to move them in? Even though you're just technically moving a townie into the house? The reason I'm a little confused is that I know extended Life States, like Vampires, cannot be moved in but that does not stop you from Curing the vampire and moving them in as a normal sim.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Vampires are different. We are not talking about "extended life states". We are talking about Life extending, as in "bring back from the dead".  A sim has passed, you ask Grim to spare, or you use the book of life. This is has passed, so you ask them to move in and they automatically become a human sim. Say an Elemental passed at YA, day2. You ask them to move in and they become a human sim again. They start at YA day2, you have extended their life pasted what they had when they died.

Does that make sense? I am also waiting to hear back from the others on this again. So please be patient.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2620 on: August 15, 2019, 08:25:43 AM »
ADDED:Elementals can be added to household via using "Ask To Move In" ---- Updated General Rules and Restrictions for Elementals.

After more research into Elementals. If you move one into your household, it can only be done via the "Ask to Move In" option. If you choose the "Ask to Join Household" option, it will be an automatic fail for HOF.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2621 on: August 16, 2019, 12:34:55 AM »
Is it too much to ask EA to NOT mess up your game every darned time they update? Prior to update, everyone in the house could bake any cake at their level.  Now, not even my Master Chef can bake any kind of cake.  Not a big deal for general game play I suppose, (although annoying), but for a dynasty it is an enormous mess!  What about parties, like birthdays or weddings?  You need cake for those!  Oh, and you also can't bake any cookies either.  So how do we deal with this, (other than the obvious of posting it on the bug forum)?
   Second, children for some reason can't achieve the Rambunctious Scamp part where they have to play on the monkey bars when Playful.  My Sim was almost TOO playful finally, played on the monkey bars for hours, gained her motor skill but it never cleared the part in the aspiration.  Do we just consider it as being covered or what?  She is gaining all her skills, some are at level 10 but if you can't clear the aspiration then what? 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2622 on: August 16, 2019, 12:47:51 AM »
Is it too much to ask EA to NOT mess up your game every darned time they update? Prior to update, everyone in the house could bake any cake at their level.  Now, not even my Master Chef can bake any kind of cake.  Not a big deal for general game play I suppose, (although annoying), but for a dynasty it is an enormous mess!  What about parties, like birthdays or weddings?  You need cake for those!  Oh, and you also can't bake any cookies either.  So how do we deal with this, (other than the obvious of posting it on the bug forum)?
   Second, children for some reason can't achieve the Rambunctious Scamp part where they have to play on the monkey bars when Playful.  My Sim was almost TOO playful finally, played on the monkey bars for hours, gained her motor skill but it never cleared the part in the aspiration.  Do we just consider it as being covered or what?  She is gaining all her skills, some are at level 10 but if you can't clear the aspiration then what? 

As for the baking Joria, I will have to look into this tomorrow. I am off to bed now. Have you done a repair? I have not had any problems with baking or cooking anything since the update.

As for the Rambunctious Scamp, your child sim has to play on the "jungle gym" while playful, Not the monkey bars. They have to cross the monkey bars 3 times later in the aspiration.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2623 on: August 16, 2019, 03:02:56 AM »
Yes, did a repair.  It's S.O.P. for me every time I go on.  Clear caches, etc., repair game, then play.  I tried baking with pretty much everyone in the house and no one could bake cakes or cookies, although I haven't tried roast chicken or grand meal.

Jungle gym?  Not that thing they crawl across hand over hand?  It was called a jungle gym when I was in school.  You mean the space ship or pirate ship thing?  She was playful.  It's easy, just start with water balloon fight and in one or two throws its playful mood.  Thankfully it's summer!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2624 on: August 16, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »
Hi Joria! *waves
My sim household couldn't cook after the patch either. Whenever I sent my sim to bake a cake, she'd just wave her hand with a red x in her thought bubble.
After I cursed and pulled out some hair, I replaced their fridge & stove. Now she can bake cake again.

Temporary workaround: You could visit a restaurant and order a cake, then stash the cake in your inventory and proceed to your party venue.
This won't work, of course, if your sims get a party task to bake a cake....
Best wishes.