Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407731 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1/3.0
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2011, 01:02:33 AM »
So is SV 2.0/2.1/3.0 a world or a savegame? If I downloaded this, would I find it in the worlds drop-down list or with my Save Games?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:08 AM »
It will show up as a save file. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

sirenprincess

« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Naga, I am absolutely in love with this world.  I appreciate all the hard work you put into this.  I'm 100% a Sunset Valley player and dislike all the other worlds.  Finally I can use all the EP features.  I've seen other people attempt this, but yours is the only one I've seen that looks professionally done.  It has everything, not just a few things, and the town just LOOKS right.  Thank you so much for this!  

I do have one minor bug to report, though.  Up in Pinochle Point, there are some leftover junkyard emitters in the lot at the end of the road and in a lot about halfway down the road.  This is caused by placing the Maxis junkyard and then bulldozing it.  Unfortunately the emitters are left behind and random junk furniture just starts popping up on your lot every day.  I was able to fix it using the following process:  testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug, moveobjects on, go to edit the lot, place flooring over the lot and then click undo or click to lower the terrain then click undo, the emitters will be revealed, delete all the emitters, save.  Hope these instructions help if anyone else likes to play up there.  It's my favorite area to place custom houses.

[Edited to remove name of mod.  -Pam]

Crise

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »
I also found an issue with this... the lots where the military facility is in original sunset valley (i think that is the spot, will look up later if needed). There check out the lots and zoom in one them, or  rather the road in front (in build/buy/live mode) on the left side there is a graphics glitch.. the ground comes through the road.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
Naga, I am absolutely in love with this world.  I appreciate all the hard work you put into this.  I'm 100% a Sunset Valley player and dislike all the other worlds.  Finally I can use all the EP features.  I've seen other people attempt this, but yours is the only one I've seen that looks professionally done.  It has everything, not just a few things, and the town just LOOKS right.  Thank you so much for this!  I ported my Sunset Valley sims here using Twallan's porter, and I could not be happier.

I do have one minor bug to report, though.  Up in Pinochle Point, there are some leftover junkyard emitters in the lot at the end of the road and in a lot about halfway down the road.  This is caused by placing the Maxis junkyard and then bulldozing it.  Unfortunately the emitters are left behind and random junk furniture just starts popping up on your lot every day.  I was able to fix it using the following process:  testingcheatsenabled true, buydebug, moveobjects on, go to edit the lot, place flooring over the lot and then click undo or click to lower the terrain then click undo, the emitters will be revealed, delete all the emitters, save.  Hope these instructions help if anyone else likes to play up there.  It's my favorite area to place custom houses.

Thank you. I'll fix this when I get the time to do so (probably tomorrow). Welcome to the forum!

I also found an issue with this... the lots where the military facility is in original sunset valley (i think that is the spot, will look up later if needed). There check out the lots and zoom in one them, or  rather the road in front (in build/buy/live mode) on the left side there is a graphics glitch.. the ground comes through the road.

Could you take a picture of this area, please?

Crise

« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Quote from: Naga link=topic=3159.msg108015#msg108015
Could you take a picture of this area, please?

Definitely, I marked the troublesome lots with black circles... it generally glitches at the edge of the road, but after testing the marked lots sometimes it is not as bad as on the others (and not always on the left side, on the lot with the house for example the problem appears close to the front center of the lot). You have to zoom pretty close to see the glitch.

Strangely enough the tiny lot with the subway is problem free, even though it is in the same general area, other lots I have tried around the neighborhood seem to be fine as well.

Great work with this though, unfortunately one of my houses just needs a lot of those sizes and so I used them first and spotted the problem, regardless of whether I start from scratch or plop down the existing house.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:18 AM »
Thanks for your redesigned town. I have version 2.1 and I noticed that I can't find daily hotspots by reading the newspaper...  Must mention that I installed fine your savegame and I'm not a begginer.  Any ideas?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

amarynth

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
Was the 3.0 save file created from a pre-Generations/pre-patch save?  I'm just wondering if it will have the photography bug or not.

Thanks!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:22 AM »
Thanks for your redesigned town. I have version 2.1 and I noticed that I can't find daily hotspots by reading the newspaper...  Must mention that I installed fine your savegame and I'm not a begginer.  Any ideas?

How long have you been playing in that neighborhood for? Because it takes a while before hotspots begin to show up.

Was the 3.0 save file created from a pre-Generations/pre-patch save?  I'm just wondering if it will have the photography bug or not.

Thanks!

Yes, it was. I'm not aware of this photography bug, what is it?

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:27 AM »
Naga I finally installed 2.1 yesterday on my MAC - working fine so far. I just put the 5 files in a folder and added to my saved game.  Thanks 
Since the patch and Generations some of us have not been able to take photos, game freezes or photos are not recognized plus I have no names of what I am taking photos of  - if the game allows a photo to be taken.  This has happened to me in Sunset Valley and Late Night.
When encountering some errors I am sure it's not your Sunset Valley - a lot are errors due to the patch and generations.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
Yes, it was. I'm not aware of this photography bug, what is it?

Apparently, when you try to take photographs, they don't work.  It doesn't register any collection shots, and when you snap the picture the image doesn't save and the action never leaves the cue, forcing you to reset the sim.

I don't have Generations yet, and heard about the bug before I had the opportunity to download the patch, so I haven't downloaded it yet.  Thus I don't have it.  Likewise, I'm not 100% sure that it affects everyone.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

amarynth

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
Yes, that was the bug I was referring to.  I've heard that it happens when using a pre-Generations/pre-patch save, but not when using a new hood.  So there's nothing wrong with either Sunset Valley 2.1 or 3.0, but players who are patched up may run into the bug there.

I love the neighborhood, by the way!  Thanks!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
Well I don't have that bug, most likely because my version hasn't got any patches for a long time. That, along with this thing you said ("but not when using a new hood.") should make us not need to worry about said bug for an undertermined amount of time.

Going to check on the reported glitches in some minutes.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
I don't have Generations yet, and heard about the bug before I had the opportunity to download the patch, so I haven't downloaded it yet.  Thus I don't have it.  Likewise, I'm not 100% sure that it affects everyone.

Th bug doesn't come with the patch. I'm on patch 1.22 (for the Challenge Tourney) and my Photographer hasn't been affected. My challenge save started pre-patch. The only issue I'm aware of for the patch is that some players say it severely corrupts your game. True - but only if you launch your game by bypassing the launcher. There's a fix for that, but I can't say what it is - I start my game via the launcher.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:30 PM »
After I downloaded the Patch and installed Generations, my saved games that I have been playing for quite some time are unable to take photos. I did not have this problem with the camera prior to these 2 installs. I am also having problems now with game freezing,  Exception Raised errors.  I'm running Sims on a Mac and I do start my game via the launcher.

When using the camera now, whether it is the expensive one or the cheap one I have run into problems.  Some have been - the photos do not save, when pointing at an object, it does not tell me what I am snapping a photo of, or it just remains up at the top left hand corner doing nothing. I have started a new town with my previous made family and I still have the same problem.  What I did not try yet is starting a new town with a new Sim to see if this happens.  I'll start a new test game with a new Sim to see if this still occurs.

*I started a new game-Bridgeport-Made a new Sim, and I do still have camera/photography problem.  I tried to take a photo, click no title name, does not save and then gets stuck in the Que..  When I tried to x out of the Que. it just stays there with an x over it and my sim is unable to do anything else. I have gone into my skills to check to see if photos are there and there are no longer any photos  But when I click on camera, then on delete photos it says something to the effect "are you sure you would like to delete 52 photos" At this point I need to quit game without saving.