Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407795 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1/3.0
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
Th bug doesn't come with the patch. I'm on patch 1.22 (for the Challenge Tourney) and my Photographer hasn't been affected. My challenge save started pre-patch. The only issue I'm aware of for the patch is that some players say it severely corrupts your game. True - but only if you launch your game by bypassing the launcher. There's a fix for that, but I can't say what it is - I start my game via the launcher.

From what I understand, the bug doesn't hit everyone.  There doesn't really seem to be a common thread between the instances I've seen, other than everyone who has it has downloaded that toxic patch.  Of course, like you mentioned, a broken photography skill is by far the least of anyone's worries.  I know someone who currently can't play the game because of it.

I haven't downloaded it, and I don't intend to until it's fixed.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
How long have you been playing in that neighborhood for? Because it takes a while before hotspots begin to show up.

It passed 2weeks and 2days in-game.Still isn't enough?...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
Yes, that is more than enough. Please don't blame the neighborhood, because there's around 90% of chance that it's a bug caused by the game or the patch themselves, and not the town. I don't know what you can do... Maybe move out and then back in another SV3.0?

Right now I'm working on that road-grass glitch at the Pinocle lots. The only places I found it were at the empty lot that has a little downhill on the corner, and the empty orange house. It seems that the only way to fix them is remaking the whole thing. The junkyard emiters were easy to remove, but I only found the ones in the corner lot, not on any of the other lots. Thank you, Crise and sirenprincess for reporting those bugs.

Has anyone checked if the photography bug is affecting sims in SV3.0?

Captainrave

« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
I continue to love this neighbourhood :)

My only problem is that recently, the game has become "jumpy" - the game will pause every now and again and won't do anything. Could be because I have been playing with this family in the neighbourhood for a while now, but it only recently started happening. I try moving my family to a fresh "Sunset Valley 2.1", but the problem persists :(

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
That hit me recently, too. I moved to a fresh neighborhood and it was fixed.

It's most likely caused by the overtime-glitching stuff, such as the massive spawn of carpool cars that get placed in public garages.

It's not exclusive to SV2.1/3.0, it can happen to anyone and anywhere.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »
Yes, that is more than enough. Please don't blame the neighborhood, because there's around 90% of chance that it's a bug caused by the game or the patch themselves, and not the town. I don't know what you can do... Maybe move out and then back in another SV3.0?

I also tested the Sunset Valley 3.0 version,and again the same problem. I think Sunset Valley is the PROBLEM because the other EA Towns and Custom-made Towns are working fine with Late Night and Generations and they are detecting corectly the hotspots(last tested was Barnacle Bay). Too bad because Sunset Valley is simply my favourite town! ...Any ideas?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
Funny that hotspots got mentioned again, because I noticed that in my current game they aren't working either. That's new from Generations. I guess I was naïve to think that the massive bugs from Generations wouldn't affect SV3.0.

As things are going, it seems I'll have to remake SV3.0, because of the hotspotlessness and the grass bugs mentioned a few posts before. I've been busy with something else for the time being, but when I find the time I'll do what I can to fix everything in this neighborhood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
Oh no! I'd just like to mention that this town is just awesome for Legacies, Naga. Well done, truly enjoying it! *confetti* :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »
There is another problem that I am sure is an easy fix but I would know how to go about it.

One of the apartments, the expensive one with the bar and hot tub on the roof will not allow my sim to enter it when it is brought. It allows me to ring the bell but that's it. I found this out by accident when my sim spawned the 'live in a highrise wish'.

If you can tell me how to fix this I would appreciate that very much.

Many thanks
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »
If my sim has married Agnes Crumplebottom, But I want to move to this town, will there be another Agnes Crumplebottom?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2011, 06:39:56 AM »
If my sim has married Agnes Crumplebottom, But I want to move to this town, will there be another Agnes Crumplebottom?

Yes. But you can always remove the new one with Edit Town. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Jaeger

« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the time and effort but I was...meh. I also didn't like New Sunset Valley from a germen site.

Didn't like you getting rid of the 4 lot apartment complex. Now, I don't like the original ones there either but Sims Programs had real nice replacements for those four lots and changing the pool to poolside bar gets one of the bars for the mixer. Also, the three apartments have space for the npcs to live. Highly recommend y'all look at it. Check in the Apartments section in the forum and grab the rest while you there. But your lot placement seemed haphazard.

There's a 20x30 modern firehouse at [removed - mtglady] that I use and placed it behind the art gallery. You have to make the lot - it fits nicely.

Used brideports city hall. Deleted the cop shop and military base. Put the film studio on the military lot. The space shuttle building could be a set.

I used several of a [removed - mtglady]-something for some lot replacements. for some reason I can't place it where she built it but her tiki poolside bar is nice too and can be place d elsewhere. Put it on the beach anywhere. She has a smaller school too. That's a lot of space to put in 2 or 3 lots.

My cafe is by the waterfall lot. These two lots also came from [removed - mtglady] They are seamless with one another.

I found a mirabello plaza lot at [removed - mtglady] that had the spa with it. Very beautiful with trees and plants in front. Delete the old spa.

Also, found a skinny consignment shop from there that you can fit practically anywhere.

I also deleted the big central park and put in Nu Central park from [removed - mtglady]. put in a subway. There is also a small subway park w/ foodtruck at [removed - mtglady]that you can put anywhere.

I downloaded a large lot long ago that was a country club lot. I put in a bar and instruments and made it an exclusive club. Put it on the center lot where the altos live.

Put any sports bar by the stadium. Lots of flat spaces in front.

If you got the hogans ship restaurant, put it on the beach and delete the one in town.

For the large beach lot, there was recently (3 or 4 days ago)  a lot released from a French blog site that I found through sims 3 finds.

You know what they say, opinions are like...

But hey, thanks for some of the bar lots. The vampire one was ingenious and fitting.  8)

EDIT:  Jaeger, welcome to the forum but please review the forum rules here especially number 10.  Third party custom content is not encouraged nor recommended for use and we prefer that you don't mention these sites or the creators. 
One site in particular that you mentioned was the site in which the 'dreaded doll' came from.  I have taken the liberty of removing the sites and the creator you mentioned.  Please refrain from doing so in the future.
mtglady

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
Jeagar, Your post is very arrogant! You also broke a number of rules!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
I agree with Candy that your post was very arrogant and unnecessary.

You don't seem to get the point of SunsetValley 3.0, Jaeger. It's not to remake the whole town into something else, it's to keep most of the original stuff there, and just include the lots from other expansions. I wouldn't ever put any lots that are custom made, such as those from the sites you mentioned. The only lots in my town are the original ones, the expansion-original ones, and the ones I and a few other friends in this forum created. The idea is not to place the biggest amount of lots in the tighest way possible, hence why there's no need for some slim cosignment store or changing the pool into a poolside club.

Also, trying to keep the Sunset Valley "little-town" concept was a must. Changing the city hall for that multi-use one would mean there's no need for the separated military base. Sure, you can put the film lot there, but what's the sence of that?

Opinions aren't to be argued about, sure, but try reviewing your ideals and checking if your opinions are really fundamental.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Naga, I don't care what he says, This town rules! I've been playing it non stop for the last hour  ;)