Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906819 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1470 on: February 02, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
Yes only founders can change their life states.

Mummies are not allowed or they would be on the life state list on the rules post.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1471 on: February 02, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Mummies and Simbots are both unable to reproduce, hence why they aren't on the acceptable list.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1472 on: February 02, 2013, 11:03:17 PM »
At what point in the self-employed careers do you get the career rewards?  And skill certificates count?

My sim has skill certificates for maxing both gardening and nectar making.  She was at level 6 of the gardening career when I decided to switch over to nectar making, and she went straight up to level 8 in nectar making.  Would her career requirements be fulfilled or do I need to wait for other objects? 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1473 on: February 02, 2013, 11:06:08 PM »
You need to do one or the other when it comes to self employment careers so 1 skill cert & 1 career reward.   The rewards come if you have Ambitions and have sold §25k worth of whatever. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1474 on: February 03, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »
You need to do one or the other when it comes to self employment careers so 1 skill cert & 1 career reward.   The rewards come if you have Ambitions and have sold §25k worth of whatever.

I was worried since she went straight from level 1 to 8 in nectar making that she had maybe missed out on the career reward, but she just got the trophy for reaching level 9.  So, she should be good now with the skill certificate and trophy. 

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1475 on: February 03, 2013, 04:53:31 AM »
I'm having problems with building a house on my lot. I build a house and when I go to save it the game just crashes and closes itself down (without saving). So basically I can't build a house for them to live in. I went over to the technical help board and somebody suggested that I evict my family and put them back in (or something along those lines) but would I be okay to do that?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1476 on: February 03, 2013, 11:37:10 AM »
I'm having an issue where my teen can't go to work. I had her quit the job and rejoin it, I had her try a different career in case it was just the mausoleum that's the problem but she can't go to any. She can select "Work" but it just drops. She even gets in the car but gets out before she gets to work. Her mood is always excellent, I've cleared caches and restarted my computer but it's still happening.

I should have posted the question right away but thought it may be my fault. Even if I somehow fix it she has ten days left of teen so depending on working hours it may not be possible to reach stage three. I'm in Moonlight Falls.

What should I do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1477 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »
I'm having problems with building a house on my lot. I build a house and when I go to save it the game just crashes and closes itself down (without saving). So basically I can't build a house for them to live in. I went over to the technical help board and somebody suggested that I evict my family and put them back in (or something along those lines) but would I be okay to do that?

Try building the house differently as in don't use the same spot.  Don't use foundation.  Try only one floor. 

I'm having an issue where my teen can't go to work. I had her quit the job and rejoin it, I had her try a different career in case it was just the mausoleum that's the problem but she can't go to any. She can select "Work" but it just drops. She even gets in the car but gets out before she gets to work. Her mood is always excellent, I've cleared caches and restarted my computer but it's still happening.

I should have posted the question right away but thought it may be my fault. Even if I somehow fix it she has ten days left of teen so depending on working hours it may not be possible to reach stage three. I'm in Moonlight Falls.

What should I do?

Have you tried putting her in her career outfit before trying it?   Double check that she doesn't have 10 career outfits, too.   Can your family afford to buy the graveyard and replace the mausoleum?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1478 on: February 03, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
I'll try your tips asap Ricalynn - thanks for the swift response

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #1479 on: February 03, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
Yes only founders can change their life states.

Ok, glad I got that right.

Mummies are not allowed or they would be on the life state list on the rules post.

Ah. Ok.  Glad for that clarification.  Then I have more planning to do. . . (and will probably have to wait on this dynasty until I get Supernatural, then. :) )

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1480 on: February 03, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Ok, glad I got that right.

Ah. Ok.  Glad for that clarification.  Then I have more planning to do. . . (and will probably have to wait on this dynasty until I get Supernatural, then. :) )

We just had someone complete the challenge without supernatural.   Hazelnut's Ghosts of twinbrook came out fantastically and she used 1 normal sim and 6 ghosts.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1481 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:35 PM »
2 Questions

1 Are Genies allowed to enscorcell(sp)?
2 Are we allowed to use the Ghost Potion before a woohoo/

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1482 on: February 03, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
2 Questions

1 Are Genies allowed to enscorcell(sp)?
2 Are we allowed to use the Ghost Potion before a woohoo/

No
Yes

Enscorcelling is considered adding to the household because you get control over another Sim which is against the rules except for spouses and spares. 

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #1483 on: February 03, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
We just had someone complete the challenge without supernatural.   Hazelnut's Ghosts of twinbrook came out fantastically and she used 1 normal sim and 6 ghosts.

Yeah, but I'm not fond of Ghosts (I was never fond of them, even in Sims 2.  I don't know why, but they've just never appealed to me.)

That, and  I actually do want Supernatural eventually, because the Fairies look like a lot of fun.   

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1484 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:14 AM »
Have you tried putting her in her career outfit before trying it?   Double check that she doesn't have 10 career outfits, too.   Can your family afford to buy the graveyard and replace the mausoleum?

I bought the graveyard and replaced the mausoleum, and changed her into work clothes, and she went to work just fine. Thank you so much! Interestingly she automatically got dressed for work with the new mausoleum. I saved a copy just before the property purchase so will have a look to see if getting dressed alone would've worked.

Two odd things though: I can't collect money from the property as it doesn't meet minimum requirements - says it's missing a mausoleum ?!?!? It doesn't matter to me as I only want to fulfil the challenge requirements and am not worrying about every penny but thought it strange.

Also I had my teen drink a liquid job booster elixir before going to work one day and her performance was actually worse than on other days with otherwise identical circumstances has this happened to anyone else?