Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908723 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1455 on: January 30, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
I asked a few questions in my Dynasty story here, and was told to reask them here.  So, here we go:

• Both Peppermint and Gladsten popped a wish to be worth more than 300,000 for 7,500 points and then my game crashed.  Restarted it and only Gladsten popped the wish.   That's just frustrating.  Not much I can really do about that. 
  • The plum trees won't bloom so she still hasn't been able to complete her first opportunity.  Do they only bloom during a certain season or something?  She can't seem to tell them to bloom with her fairy magic either.  Right now, I'm in summer and the only plant she can seem to tell to bloom is life fruit. 
  • Vacation days refers to traveling to China, Egypt or France, right?  After she's completed all of her requirements for bringing in the next generation is she allowed to go back?  I might want to go back and get that last type of grape that she can only get from the merchant, I believe.  If they can't ever go back no one will ever have the Vise points to allow for more than a 3 day trip. 

Yeah there's nothing much you can do about the wishes not popping except maybe keep having Peppermint make money but never reach the goal until she or even a future generation can pop the wish.

What growth state are your plums in?   Plants outside only grow when there hasn't been a frost.  Otherwise they do go dormant if they are not indoors.  Plants can get stuck quite easily using bloom, greenhouse premium content object and the unicorn's trick.   If they are stuck in Harvest, then your fairy can't use bloom and they won't change state so you'll need to plant again.   I've noticed the "sticking" of the growth state tends to happen more for plants that are planted in a cold fall, winter or cold spring when they would have normally been dormant.

Vacation days do refer to China/Egypt/France.   An heir can go at any time during your life states dynasty.  However, you are only allowed 7 days per heir ever.   That means your founder can only spend 7 days total in a vacation world for her entire life.  That's not 7 per world that's 7 total for all three forever.  If you send an heir current or previous to a world it counts as  a day even if they are not there for 24 hours.  We don't count partials  As cathy said - a vacation home can be bought by a spare or spouse and it will remain with the household.  Then if you have the ancient coins you can buy the certificate - put it in the traveling persons inventory and they will get 3 extra days or use the LTR prepared traveler for an extra 3 days.

As for asking questions, for answers it's always best to ask here.  The challenge team cannot guarantee the time to read everyone's story threads every day or if at all.  So any dynasty questions need to be asked in this thread if you want the proper official response.   Yes some members already know the answer and we're not saying they don't.  However, it's not unheard of for a member to give the wrong answer as well.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1456 on: January 30, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
Yeah there's nothing much you can do about the wishes not popping except maybe keep having Peppermint make money but never reach the goal until she or even a future generation can pop the wish.

What growth state are your plums in?   Plants outside only grow when there hasn't been a frost.  Otherwise they do go dormant if they are not indoors.  Plants can get stuck quite easily using bloom, greenhouse premium content object and the unicorn's trick.   If they are stuck in Harvest, then your fairy can't use bloom and they won't change state so you'll need to plant again.   I've noticed the "sticking" of the growth state tends to happen more for plants that are planted in a cold fall, winter or cold spring when they would have normally been dormant.

Vacation days do refer to China/Egypt/France.   An heir can go at any time during your life states dynasty.  However, you are only allowed 7 days per heir ever.   That means your founder can only spend 7 days total in a vacation world for her entire life.  That's not 7 per world that's 7 total for all three forever.  If you send an heir current or previous to a world it counts as  a day even if they are not there for 24 hours.  We don't count partials  As cathy said - a vacation home can be bought by a spare or spouse and it will remain with the household.  Then if you have the ancient coins you can buy the certificate - put it in the traveling persons inventory and they will get 3 extra days or use the LTR prepared traveler for an extra 3 days.

As for asking questions, for answers it's always best to ask here.  The challenge team cannot guarantee the time to read everyone's story threads every day or if at all.  So any dynasty questions need to be asked in this thread if you want the proper official response.   Yes some members already know the answer and we're not saying they don't.  However, it's not unheard of for a member to give the wrong answer as well.

Thanks for your help. 

My founder has used up her vacation days then with 3 in China and 3 in France.  I just wasn't sure if the restriction only applied when trying to reach her requirements and then she'd be free to go again.  I don't really like World Adventures and it is super buggy so I try not to use it much.  She just needed the plums for her opportunity and then I wanted her to learn nectar making.  (I got the three types of grapes grown at the nectary, but I guess if I want the other types of grapes, someone else will have to go.  I didn't know there more than three.)

I guess my plants are stuck.  I don't know what I can do about it.  :-/  It's not giving her the option to use "bloom" on them. 

The plum trees are full grown trees.  I think she planted them in the fall after returning from China.  I don't think they've ever bloomed. I'm not sure if the pomegranates she got in France ever bloomed either.  She planted those in the spring after the snow melted, but it might have still been cold.  It's summer again now and nothing is blooming except life fruit, flame fruit, and money trees.  Plums would have been planted in Fall 1, pomegranates Spring 1, and it is now summer 3 (with the game starting in summer 1). 

I can't replant because she's used up everything making nectar and/or selling it to the consignment store to raise her gardener career level. I expected things to start blooming after the snow melted.  :-(

I wasn't sure if reasking questions here was encouraged or not.  I didn't want to ask something that had already been covered.  But I guess y'all don't mind repeat questions.  :-)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline A.Drake

• Nooboo
« Reply #1457 on: January 30, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
My feelings is this is along the lines of killing the Sims which in my mind is not allowed.  No intentional killing of Sims.   

You can move these Sims out so I see no reason why you can't do that over purposefully ending their life early.   If you want them to die soon and you don't want to move them out, have them forsake their fae powers to become normal and then they'll be on normal life span.

Thank you, honestly I didn't even think about turning them human again!! I didn't really want all the spouses to have to divorce and move out. I like that option a lot better, Thanks!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1458 on: January 30, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »

I guess my plants are stuck.  I don't know what I can do about it.  :-/  She can't use "bloom" on them. 

I'm not doing a Life State Dynasty right now, but I might have an answer to keeping plants from going dormant:
I usually build a "greenhouse" in the backyard, meaning that I just construct four walls, a roof, and no floor. By deleting a section of the wall, I can plant inside the greenhouse, and then immediately replace the wall. This keeps plants from going dormant in winter, but I don't know if it will revive already dormant plants.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1459 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »
I'm not doing a Life State Dynasty right now, but I might have an answer to keeping plants from going dormant:
I usually build a "greenhouse" in the backyard, meaning that I just construct four walls, a roof, and no floor. By deleting a section of the wall, I can plant inside the greenhouse, and then immediately replace the wall. This keeps plants from going dormant in winter, but I don't know if it will revive already dormant plants.

It's summer so they aren't technically dormant anymore, they just aren't sprouting any fruit. 

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1460 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »
Thank you, honestly I didn't even think about turning them human again!! I didn't really want all the spouses to have to divorce and move out. I like that option a lot better, Thanks!

I intend to move my spouses out, but divorcing them first is unnecessary. You can move someone out who is still married to a household member, I've done it many times before.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1461 on: January 30, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

You don't have to get a divorce to move out.  You just can't move out newlyweds into different houses.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1462 on: February 01, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
I know that skill certificates can be used as career objects but does it matter if the certificate is earned before I get to the career level where that skill is required? The example I'm using is that my Founder is on Level 8 charisma but only Level 1 journalism. So do I have to get to Level 6 in the journalism career (when the charisma goes towards job performance) or can it count before then? Also, if I got to level 10 before I get to level 6 journalism would the certificate still count?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1463 on: February 01, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »
I know that skill certificates can be used as career objects but does it matter if the certificate is earned before I get to the career level where that skill is required? The example I'm using is that my Founder is on Level 8 charisma but only Level 1 journalism. So do I have to get to Level 6 in the journalism career (when the charisma goes towards job performance) or can it count before then? Also, if I got to level 10 before I get to level 6 journalism would the certificate still count?

Only if the career has branches.   Journalism doesn't have branches so it's ok, but the criminal career you wouldn't be able to count logic unless you were actually in the evil branch.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1464 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
Okay maybe I'm worrying to much but i just wanted to check does

Marathon Runner- Run a distance of 500 kilometers to allow your Sims a longer lifespan

fall under

**Extending Life** You may not use any method to extend an heir's life until they have completed all their requirements

if so would you then save it for your last requirement?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1465 on: February 01, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
The Marathon Runner challenge gives your Sim a lower chance of dying on a particular day having reached 90+ on normal lifespan (like the vegetarian trait).  There's no guarantee, so it's not like ambrosia, life fruit or tattoos (for example), which definitely extend life.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #1466 on: February 02, 2013, 03:38:40 PM »
I've got a question that I didn't see covered -- where do mummies fit in this?  Could you turn a human heir into a mummy, and would that then count as an alternate life state?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #1467 on: February 02, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
Can mummies reproduce? I suppose if you did it for the 7th generation that wouldn't matter...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #1468 on: February 02, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »
Actually, upon further reading I discovered that unless I made my founder a mummy, that wouldn't count, since (from what I'm reading) only the founder can change life states.

Have I got that right?  I don't have supernatural, so I was thinking of using the Mummy from WA, but I want to figure out if/how I could do that.

My rough plan:  Start with a human founder, change them into a mummy before the birth of the heir, then go hunting for a spouse who is in another life state.

That would also mean that one of my possibilities would be to have a human heir, am I correct?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1469 on: February 02, 2013, 04:46:08 PM »
As far as I know, Mummies are unable to reproduce in the Sims 3.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

anything