Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906821 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1485 on: February 04, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
To get the graveyard to meet the minimum requirements you have to use the move objects on cheat and place a second mausoleum over the original one.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1486 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:18 AM »
Actually you don't have to put it on top of the second one as just have a second one on the lot.   The actual requirement is to have two mausoleums. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #1487 on: February 04, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »
I'm thinking about buying Showtime.  If I get it, will it install the performance lot automatically or will I need permission to place it in my dynasty's town?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1488 on: February 04, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
The first time you load up the game it will ask if you want to place the lots.   If you choose not to do it then, you won't be able to do it for the rest of your dynasty.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1489 on: February 04, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
I followed your advice, Rica, and built a box house with two windows and a door. It worked fine when I saved. Then I tried expanding the box by adding extra windows, painting it and putting the family's furniture inside. This did not work and the game closed itself down. I can't have a two window box as a dynasty house so what do you suggest I do? Could I try moving them in and out?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1490 on: February 04, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
Did you try different windows or different paint?  When you expanded it, did you go a certain direction and maybe try a different one.  My LSD wouldn't let me build in a very specific 5 x 5 area.   So I'm wondering if it's the same for yours.   

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1491 on: February 05, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
OK the graveyard has three mausoleums and it still says I need another. I've tried all the different mausoleums except the WA ones. It's very odd but doesn't prevent me from finishing the challenge and doesn't break any rules so am just going to ignore it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1492 on: February 05, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
Another question - I'm so sorry for continually bothering everyone - do private investigator cases count as opportunities? They come up in the career opportunity section but they're not as random as other ones obviously. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1493 on: February 05, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »
If they fill an opportunity slot then they count.   Just remember if the name doesn't change though it only counts as one even if it has 15 parts.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #1494 on: February 07, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »
Are we allowed to replace the combined rabbit hole with separate ones at the start of the game to avoid the opportunity bugs that come with them?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1495 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Are we allowed to replace the combined rabbit hole with separate ones at the start of the game to avoid the opportunity bugs that come with them?

No.   If you experience the opportunity bugs later, we may give you permission to replace the combined rabbit holes if you ask for permission at the time.  However, it may just be easier to live in a town that doesn't have the problem.   

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #1496 on: February 11, 2013, 04:13:26 AM »
I've bee trying this challenge as a break from the nooboos of Baby Boomer and my Immortal Dynasty. I've managed to get my founder to produce an heir but I have some questions of things that popped up during the process:

1. Is there a way to resurrect a sim without adding to the household? I got the wish several times, but my fairy founder had moved in her husband, so I didn't take it.
2. Does the unique best friend need to be alive every time life extending potions (for example) are used?
3. My founder got three books in the course of her career in Law Enforcement. Could these be used as career awards? (She's got the police car and logic certificate, so she's covered, just curious)
4. Could an alchemist use elixirs as career rewards? As the equestrian self-employment career can use trophies as both the 7 items and career awards, couldn't the elixirs be the same in this case? (I'm asking for future heirs). I suggest that the 2 elixirs used for the career be level ten as proof of reaching that level (since we don't get a certificate for maxing alchemy).

I think that's it for now.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1497 on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »
I've bee trying this challenge as a break from the nooboos of Baby Boomer and my Immortal Dynasty. I've managed to get my founder to produce an heir but I have some questions of things that popped up during the process:

1. Is there a way to resurrect a sim without adding to the household? I got the wish several times, but my fairy founder had moved in her husband, so I didn't take it.
2. Does the unique best friend need to be alive every time life extending potions (for example) are used?
3. My founder got three books in the course of her career in Law Enforcement. Could these be used as career awards? (She's got the police car and logic certificate, so she's covered, just curious)
4. Could an alchemist use elixirs as career rewards? As the equestrian self-employment career can use trophies as both the 7 items and career awards, couldn't the elixirs be the same in this case? (I'm asking for future heirs). I suggest that the 2 elixirs used for the career be level ten as proof of reaching that level (since we don't get a certificate for maxing alchemy).

I think that's it for now.

1.  Not that I know of.
2.  Just a best friend at the time the requirements are met - if they die it's less likely that someone else in the house will be their best friend so just let them die.
3.  Checking....
4.  No because elixirs aren't received from the career itself or doing an activity for the career.  They're made and any sim can make them regardless of career.  Yes any sim can get the trophies but you actually have to do something to get those trophies unlike elixirs where you can just make or buy them.   Alchemy is not one of the approved careers with career rewards.   

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1498 on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
Hi, so, one of my girls got the Supermarket Research Opp for her childhood requirements and so I made sure she went. The time bar filled up and the little opp thing you can hide said that all she had to do now was go back to school. She went to school only to get the failure thing so my question is because she actually did the opp, can I count it or not?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1499 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »
Hi, so, one of my girls got the Supermarket Research Opp for her childhood requirements and so I made sure she went. The time bar filled up and the little opp thing you can hide said that all she had to do now was go back to school. She went to school only to get the failure thing so my question is because she actually did the opp, can I count it or not?

Did she fail because she was possibly late for school?  The glitch is usually that you can't complete it.  Sounds to me like you completed it and then it failed for another reason.  What town are you in?