Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897583 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Just a question about the 5,000+ wishes. My Sim recently got the 'Have First Child' wish but will it count? So, if I have the heir (or it might not be the heir) and the wish will be fulfilled but will it count as being completed after the next generation or will it not?

In order to use the "Have First Child" or "Have a Girl/Boy" wishes these have to be the absolute last requirements you need.   This means that all 6 other requirements are completed and current (BF status still in place without anyone knowing that person but the heir) at the time of the birth.   The baby wishes have to be the last wishes you need for it work out.   Otherwise you've failed because the next generation is officially in the house and you haven't completed everything.

The reason the wishes are allowable is because the wish is actually completed at the moment of the child's birth which is right when you get to choose a name and choose traits.  It's a very thin line if you are depending on those wishes.  Especially if you're using the boy or girl wish because if you have multiples, your wish is to have a boy but the first one is a girl - then you've failed because a child was brought into the house before you completed the wish. 

Also remember - that if you ever plan on using these wishes to not let any of the other heirs have them in their wish panel.  Just completing them even after their own requirements are complete makes the invalid for all future generations.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #586 on: October 13, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
Wait, no one else in the house can even know your BF? I thought they just couldn't be best friends with anyone else!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #587 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »
Wait, no one else in the house can even know your BF? I thought they just couldn't be best friends with anyone else!

I'm pretty sure Rica was just giving advice as to keeping things safe to prevent accidents. If Heir A has BF Y as part of their requirements, then yes, Y can know other household members, but it's really risky to even do so — and super dangerous if anyone else has high Charisma.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #588 on: October 13, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
Thanks for the answer, Rica. Guess that means I'm going to have to be even more careful considering how many careers have overlapping skills.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #589 on: October 13, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »
Suppose you have the following wished in the Promised wishes panel:
Have first Child
Have a Boy
Have a Girl

Could that count for two of the 5000K wishes provided everything else is done?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #590 on: October 13, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
Suppose you have the following wished in the Promised wishes panel:
Have first Child
Have a Boy
Have a Girl

Could that count for two of the 5000K wishes provided everything else is done?

Yes

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #591 on: October 13, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure Rica was just giving advice as to keeping things safe to prevent accidents. If Heir A has BF Y as part of their requirements, then yes, Y can know other household members, but it's really risky to even do so — and super dangerous if anyone else has high Charisma.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, Metro. I was about to go into panic mode!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #592 on: October 13, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Help! I just created my human female founder and clicked the random traits dice. I ended up with green thumb, natural cook, hot-headed, and hates the outdoors, all of which are fine (though hating the outdoors is odd to be paired with green thumb). The problem is with the first trait in the list: dislikes children. She is meant to found a dynasty! My feeling is this trait makes that almost impossible since she has to have at least one child, maybe more. Can I re-roll once or am I stuck? If necessary to keep it fair I will keep whatever comes up in the same slot and replace all others with the traits I first rolled.
Jaymi

Chuckles_82

« Reply #593 on: October 13, 2012, 07:29:13 PM »
You're stuck with what traits you get. My founder also has the 'hates children' trait. It's not impossible - they'll just have a negative moodlet a lot of the time!

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #594 on: October 13, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
Drat. I had a feeling that would be the case, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks Chuckles_82!
Jaymi

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #595 on: October 13, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Yes I was being overly dramatic.  No one else can be best friends - you may as well not have them meet anyone which is why cars, IFs and Genies are perfect for that role. Also, this way other Sims in the house won't get opportunities from that person either which could boost the relationship up and fail you.

Drat. I had a feeling that would be the case, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks Chuckles_82!

Be glad you didn't roll coward.   Cowards faint at the sight of occults.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #596 on: October 13, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
My game is crashing at 1:59 PM. I have played the same day--the same hour, even--about twenty times, not exaggerating. I have tried a factory reset, reinstalling the game, DEP, window mode, restarting both the game and the computer. I waited a day real time. I don't know what else to try. Do you think it's a corrupted save, or something else? Can I be allowed to go back to a previous save?

Edit: I also clear my caches and DCBackup regularly.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #597 on: October 13, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
Have you tried resetSim * before it happens?   Have you tried saving at 3 hours before the crash usually happens, exiting the game and then loading it back up to see if you can get past 1:59 am?  Where is your last save 24 hours before the crash, 4 hours, 1?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #598 on: October 13, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
I did try ResetSim *, yes, and it still crashed. My last save is right before the crash. When it kept crashing (and I was getting save errors) I was just trying to save as much as I could. I haven't done anything about three hours before because I only just pinpointed the time. I've been having a lot of random crashes and at first I thought this was one, until I realised it kept crashing at exactly the same Sim time, not a certain amount of time after playing or anything like that. I think my last save file is about eight hours before the crash, but I am not positive.

Edit: Oh wow, it turns out my previous save file is from two days previously.

By samoht04

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #599 on: October 13, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
just to clarify, the only travel restriction is the 7 days per heir, so my founder can travel while fulfilling her 7 requirements, correct?
Jaymi