Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 286169 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Crunches
« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2013, 08:12:14 PM »
The grannies say that winter always seems like the longest season.  They also say that the teen stage always feels like the longest life period.  So why is it that I feel like everything is always go-go-go?  Two seconds after I had aged up, Grandma Eureka and Grandma Mona Lisa helped me fix my make up and hair.  Like there was no time to waste at all!

I love the color yellow, so Mona Lisa, expert of color palates, helped me pick out the perfect clothes.  My mom wanted to help, but I'd rather just stick to one bright color rather than looking like someone spat rainbows at the sun.

Prom is actually on my first day of school, so I thought I'd embrace the mystery of being the new kid for that.

And for the sake of curiosity, sleepwear:

Exercise wear:

And outerwear:

Yay!  Now you've seen my clothes.  Though I do envy the universe my mother says those who observe us live in.  Apparently there you get a different outfit every day!  That sounds both fun and like it causes a lot of crashing. 

Anyway, we went to the cafe for my birthday, which was fun.  I like to observe the others to see what makes each of them magical.  I especially like how oblivious Granny is when a man is enamored of her.  Is she putting it on or does she really not know?

Each of them has something to teach me.  I just need to sort out who has what and how I can get it from them.

I take notes on my tablet.  I may not look like the other Classics, but I am going to be just as remarkable as each of them.  There's record here that'll show it!

Though I'm not sure I'll ever become quite the master of each of the charms they posses that they themselves are.  That's okay.  I just want to be interchangeable.  A Chameleon girl.

While I was outside taking notes, Eureka and Mona Lisa were baiting a confused zombie on the ground with me by jumping up in the hot air balloon every time the zombie got near enough to want brains.  Eventually Eden shouted at them to stop being inhumane and blasted the zombie with Sunlight.

Apparently they've always been BFFs, those two.  Grandma Rosetta says they used to hang out in Mona Lisa's room listening to music for HOURS, even when Eureka was just a kid.  Knowing the history is important too.  I've gotten a lot of information already!  Anyway, once Eden had gone home, I'm pretty sure the two of them just looked around for more zombies to mess with. 

Granny is considering hiring a barista or two at the cafe, so she asked the current bartender to whip her up some food so she can see what eating there would be like.  She seems pretty happy with it, even if we can't find the barista counter anywhere in build/buy mode.

There's actually a lot of information about the Classics online too.  Granny keeps a blog and the art world loves to gossip about Mona Lisa.  Even when she was young, the story of her runaway bride routine was Simnational news.  Also, apparently Grandma Eden brought someone back to life a few years ago.  Wonder why no one in the house has mentioned that...  Ooh, juicy!  Maybe they don't know!

I'm not going to have a date to prom because I won't have time, so I've spent a lot of time making my bod the perfect machine in the interim.  I still have the exercise equipment Daddy bought for me before he passed away.

I actually really want to be an acrobat like Gramps was.  For some reason I've always had this romantic image in my mind of me, in a sparkly purple leotard, soaring through the air under lights.  But alas, there aren't many venues in town and I have to max a career, so that's not to be.  So, I'm going to be something better.  Something stronger.

My poor mom ... sometimes I think she's going a bit insane, but really she's just a nut.

Actually, maybe it's just best if I never make friends at all...

She's burning off stress.  She's only at level 4 in her career and she's almost halfway through adulthood.  She used some points to buy rebel influence so she could add workaholic to her trait map and work from home to speed up the process.  She's pretty cunning, my mom.  She's also a party animal ... so asking her if we were going to have the Snowflake Party this year, crashes be darned, seemed like a good strategy.

It's more of an opportunity to watch.  And learn.

Silvia Correa, Eden's girlfriend, got me an easel.  I'll not be able to use it until the dynasty is complete, but I am artistic, so it was a nice gesture.  She asked if I'd like to go with herself and Eden to the art museum in the citadel later this week, which sounds awesome!  Then she listened sympathetically while Mona Lisa explained about the missing artwork.

Our universe is in a strange sort of limbo.  Silvia has been a young adult for far too long, even by vampire standards.  And today, two of the very first toddlers Granny took into her care came to our party ... as children!  They should be adults by now.  That daycare was started when my mom was only a teen. 

Anyway, Wendy and Rodalgio.  Still children.  Still human.  No explanation comes to mind.

I took furious notes.  It was an educational party overall, and best of all, I talked Grandma Rosetta into parting with some of her French nectar.

I got to try it for the first time that night, while we did our traditional Breakfast-for-Dinner Classic Snowflake Day Feast.  We talked about my teen artwork pieces a bit, but tried to leave dynasty requirements to the wind for this one night.  It's funny.  We're all so under the wire, but really, we have all the time in the world.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Crunches
« Reply #526 on: March 21, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »
I know it's annoying when one of your sims just doesn't seem as pretty as the others--but they always end up growing on me, so I'm sure Mata Hari will be one of my favorite sims in the future! I love her formal outfit with the mask--it seems to fit her personality!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2013, 09:03:55 PM »
Mata Hari is pretty, in her own way :) I love her colors! I think she is a perfect example of when she has 2 very good looking parents, but then she gets a bad mix of each of there genetics, the eyeliner really helps though.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »

Haha, I love Mona Lisa and Eureka teasing the zombies! And Eden thinking that it's just so mean!  ::) Those masks came out just in time for your Mata. I like how she's always sitting mysteriously in a corner somewhere . . . watching.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #529 on: March 21, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
Look at it this way: most seventh generation immortals aren't as unique-looking as Mata. The eyeliner definitely helps, though.

Good luck to Allegra with her career too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #530 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
I'm becoming strangely fond of Silvia... She seems like a pleasant Sim, and she's a nice reminder of Freddie.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: March 22, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »
I know it's annoying when one of your sims just doesn't seem as pretty as the others--but they always end up growing on me, so I'm sure Mata Hari will be one of my favorite sims in the future! I love her formal outfit with the mask--it seems to fit her personality!

I never thought I'd use those masks, but I love it on her!

Mata Hari is pretty, in her own way :) I love her colors! I think she is a perfect example of when she has 2 very good looking parents, but then she gets a bad mix of each of there genetics, the eyeliner really helps though.

I think she looks quite ravishing at times, particularly in the weight machine shots from the previous post.  Let's just say she's unconventional.

Haha, I love Mona Lisa and Eureka teasing the zombies! And Eden thinking that it's just so mean!  ::) Those masks came out just in time for your Mata. I like how she's always sitting mysteriously in a corner somewhere . . . watching.

They were giggling together and pointing at the zombies.  It was adorable.

Look at it this way: most seventh generation immortals aren't as unique-looking as Mata. The eyeliner definitely helps, though.

Good luck to Allegra with her career too.

This is true.  I've come to terms with it.

I'm becoming strangely fond of Silvia... She seems like a pleasant Sim, and she's a nice reminder of Freddie.

Aw.  Do you guys not like Silvia?  I've always enjoyed her, even when it seemed like she was competition for Eden.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #532 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
I like her. She seems sweet.
I love Mata Hari's teen look! You're right, the mask completely suits her both physically and her character. The bit about the zombies was fun too. And I like how Mata Hari is already plotting to get information from people. I didn't mention before, but I like how her "I'm Mata Hari Classic, and I'm an homage" paralleled "I'm Coralie Classic, and I am a metaphor." I've always liked that beginning.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Parallel Bars
« Reply #533 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »
In the days leading up to my first day of school and my first prom, I spotted a teen boy at my mother's cafe.

I considered the possibility of attempting to charm him and get a prom date, but I decided instead to order a bagel and sit out of his line of sight.  To see if I could learn anything.

He took a call from a possible girlfriend named Helen.  I did not catch his name.  I sipped my coffee and planned my entrance to the prom.  I would lay as low as possible at the school to maximize the impact when it was time to go to the dance.

In the interim, I burned off my stress by learning to snowboard.  The grandmas may complain, but winter is amazing.

The prom arrived on a snowy evening and I timed my entrance and placed my mask.  People love a good mystery and while I stayed silent, I danced with anyone who asked.  It really was a cinch at that point to be voted queen, even if no one knew my name. 

I possibly made a few enemies that night.

The boy was one of my dance partners.  His name is Percy.  While his hair was unkempt, I found him attractive.  Unfortunately, I think he was aware of my attraction, and chose to ask about it when I ran into him at the winter festival that weekend.

It was arrogant.  He is a flirt and I must be careful not to be any one of his conquests.

"What is your name?" he asked.

So I did the sensible thing and snubbed him.  "I have snowboarding to do," I said airily.  "You are welcome to stay and watch."

That was the moment I knew my destiny.  My heart was slamming in my chest, but to him I was as cool as the dusty snow.  I was born to act.

He wore a small smile, his phone blaring off the hook.  I imagined it was pretty, blonde Helen Westmoreland from the prom.  But I stayed focused on my task.  To my delight, I found that the halfpipe had been lit all in yellow.

And soaring through the air as I went, I could see my house in the distance, also draped in yellow lights.

I climbed down and gave Percy the smallest of smiles.  "Goodnight then," I said.  And then I sauntered off, casual as you please. 

I spent the remainder of the weekend carefully avoiding places I might run into him.  The popular teen hangouts - the pub and the cafe, and instead did some volunteer work training elders at the gym.

I ignored the texts he sent.  I was impressed, however, that he'd found my number.

I felt compelled at constant to reach out, to admit I had the BIGGEST crush, but I withheld.  I also liberated my mom's scooter.

I LOVE the winter.  I love the snowy, secret landscape, masking all the secrets of Monte Vista with an enchanting, snow white facade.  I love that if you stare too long it will glare the sun in your eyes.  I love that if you try to possess it, it will melt right through your fingers.

And most of all, I love surprise.  I was training Ms. Tomlin on the rock climbers at the beach when suddenly I had a race contender to my left.

I won, but barely.  I flew down from the rocks, scattering snow all around and he did as well, panting.  "Mata ... Hari.  That's your name, isn't it?  Tell me your name."

I didn't tell him my name.  Not right away.

I do love good sport.

I didn't tell the family that I had a romantic interest.  I knew that it would come with chiding and rules.  After all, I can never marry.  I sometimes sit at Grandma Eunice's old drafting table and look at her nursery designs.  THAT, at least, I can have.

And so, while I wait for Spring, the days of my teendom go in cycles.  I balance the pieces of my life.  Romance with Percy...

Family lessons from Rosetta, master of chemistry

Stolen kisses in the night.

Rooting for my mother's career progression.  Supporting her through her newfound zealousness.

Pointedly avoiding eye contact with the wedding arch at the beach.

Life is really just a waiting game.  A balancing act.  A game of strategy that I will master someday.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: March 22, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »
I like her. She seems sweet.
I love Mata Hari's teen look! You're right, the mask completely suits her both physically and her character. The bit about the zombies was fun too. And I like how Mata Hari is already plotting to get information from people. I didn't mention before, but I like how her "I'm Mata Hari Classic, and I'm an homage" paralleled "I'm Coralie Classic, and I am a metaphor." I've always liked that beginning.

I feel slightly giddy that someone noticed that :-D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Parallel Bars
« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
I feel slightly giddy that someone noticed that :-D

Well, it really struck me when I read it, I thought it was such a cool concept, so when Mata Hari brought it back up I though, "Oh, cool!"

Ach! I love this chapter! I can identify more with Mata Hari than anyone since Eden. I can totally feel her desire to be a chameleon. I too have unconventional looks and I never can make up my mind whether I'm pretty or not. I tend more toward the writing and acting rather than spying, but being a spy was always a secret wish of mine and I gobbled up Harriet the Spy, Spy Kids, Get Smart, Gallagher Girls, anything I could get my hands on. At some point it occurred to me that I didn't really want to be a spy so much as I wanted to play one.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #536 on: March 22, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
Mata Hari gets prettier and prettier the more I hear about her! I'm happy she found love--I have no idea what generation we're on, so is she going to have a baby with or without a husband? Either way, Percy is very cute, and what's even cuter is the way that she handles the relationship!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #537 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
Mata Hari gets prettier and prettier the more I hear about her! I'm happy she found love--I have no idea what generation we're on, so is she going to have a baby with or without a husband? Either way, Percy is very cute, and what's even cuter is the way that she handles the relationship!

Mata is Gen 7 :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »

Haha, I think Rosa and I must be opposites, because I can't identify with Mata any better than I could Eden! Although, I love them both as characters; they're both so charming and outgoing. They really have a way of making you smile. I feel a little sad for Mata, though, playing games instead of just being herself. I probably shouldn't though, she seems to enjoy playing a part.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »
I love how she is so mysterious! I'm so happy she found love with Percy.