Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288202 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Parallel Bars
« Reply #540 on: March 23, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »
Mata is so very different from her predecessors. Even if she doesn't look like a Classic, she is still quite lovely in an exotic sort of way. I love how she played hard-to-get with Percy, but I'm even more happy that he persisted. They make a lovely couple, even if they can never wed.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
Percy and Mata's story is funny, but doesn't he have that weird greenish hair color that seems to show up on townies all the time?

Also, to clarify what I said about Silvia, I never disliked her. I just never really liked her either. She was kind of a nonentity because it seemed like she was only mentioned in passing and was completely defined by whichever poly-amorous Classic she was in a relationship with.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
Well, it really struck me when I read it, I thought it was such a cool concept, so when Mata Hari brought it back up I though, "Oh, cool!"

Ach! I love this chapter! I can identify more with Mata Hari than anyone since Eden. I can totally feel her desire to be a chameleon. I too have unconventional looks and I never can make up my mind whether I'm pretty or not. I tend more toward the writing and acting rather than spying, but being a spy was always a secret wish of mine and I gobbled up Harriet the Spy, Spy Kids, Get Smart, Gallagher Girls, anything I could get my hands on. At some point it occurred to me that I didn't really want to be a spy so much as I wanted to play one.

I'm so glad to hear that.  I thought maybe some people would take offense at her manipulation, but she is devilish in the most charming way.  And she's played people for her own amusement from a very young age.  Also, omg, Harriet the Spy.  I need to go read it again right this very second.  Oh, Nook.  How you make me spend at whim.

Mata Hari gets prettier and prettier the more I hear about her! I'm happy she found love--I have no idea what generation we're on, so is she going to have a baby with or without a husband? Either way, Percy is very cute, and what's even cuter is the way that she handles the relationship!

No husband for Mata.  She doesn't seem like a commitment type person anyway, does she?  Truly Freddie's descendant.

Haha, I think Rosa and I must be opposites, because I can't identify with Mata any better than I could Eden! Although, I love them both as characters; they're both so charming and outgoing. They really have a way of making you smile. I feel a little sad for Mata, though, playing games instead of just being herself. I probably shouldn't though, she seems to enjoy playing a part.

I'm the most like Eureka, honestly.  I really related to her teen years, especially since I had intended all sorts of different things for her, but fate had other plans.  Mata loves her games and ending up with a flirt means Percy loves them too, so no need to feel sorry for her.  I think she'd be bored in a traditional romance.

I love how she is so mysterious! I'm so happy she found love with Percy.

I'm really falling pretty hard for her too.  The more I think about, the more I think she wouldn't have worked half as well if she'd been traditionally pretty.

Mata is so very different from her predecessors. Even if she doesn't look like a Classic, she is still quite lovely in an exotic sort of way. I love how she played hard-to-get with Percy, but I'm even more happy that he persisted. They make a lovely couple, even if they can never wed.

Exotic is always the word I think of when I look at her.  I hesitated to use it because her skin is a bit darker than the earlier gens, but that's not what makes her exotic.  It's something else ... can't put my finger on it.

Percy and Mata's story is funny, but doesn't he have that weird greenish hair color that seems to show up on townies all the time?

Also, to clarify what I said about Silvia, I never disliked her. I just never really liked her either. She was kind of a nonentity because it seemed like she was only mentioned in passing and was completely defined by whichever poly-amorous Classic she was in a relationship with.

That's true, I didn't much expand on her.  Percy does have the puke hair, but I figure I can dye it if the baby gets it.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Cause and Effect
« Reply #543 on: March 23, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
Was there a time before I became a scheming grandmother?  I'm not so sure.  Of course there were once pictures and sculptures proving I was a child, but those are long gone, much to my mother's chagrin.  I can't mourn overmuch, though.  There's so much to plan for now.  So much to ready ourselves for.

In the days leading up to Mata Hari's adult birthday, all of us were practically buzzing in anticipation.  Mata, rather annoyed by this, kept to her room most of the time.

I am a bit concerned that she's overdoing the weight training.  I ambushed her while she was having a soak after one of her very long workouts, and mentioned that her impending pregnancy might soften her frame a bit.  She began violently splashing the water to the point where I'm not so sure she could hear me anymore.  I'll have to try again later.

I'm quite proud of our girl.  She's found a father already for the final child.  A boy in town named Percy.  I don't know his parents or anyone who may be of relation, but that's quite all right.

Unfortunately, he aged up ahead of her, still with the most questionable fashion sense.  For whatever reason, they can still go on dates, but when Mata Hari attempted to take a romantic photo with her beau, she got a brotherly forehead kiss instead.  She grumbled about it all the way home.

Her aggression was later taken out on a school athletics competition, which she won many times over.  She came home to take furious notes on her tablet and we all avoided her, lest the stormy mood get blown our way.

My daughter and I ate our weekly ambrosia together regularly now.  It is so nice to spend time with her, to feel her warm body next to mine, to smell her earthy scent, and to hear her sweet laugh.  There are many downfalls to immortality, but this is not one of them.

My granddaughter, the least mysterious of my family to me, confided a secret recently.  She's met the 8th.  She's spoken to her.

And perhaps that's what started the scheming.  The preparations.

After all, it was a way to pass the time in those dragging final days of Mata Hari's teen years.  And finally, bright and early on a Monday morning, it was time for her to become a young adult.

This is a girl who never hesitates.  Who never worries.  Who loves the approval of the masses.  Who also understands that Granny doesn't do birthdays.

She was absolutely ready for her sparkles.

We had cake in near silence.  The end was so close.  The final Classic was ready to be made.  Allegra accompanied Mata to her room for wardrobe changes.  She came out sometime later wiping away slight tears.  I imagine it's due to Mata's style choice for her adulthood.

Our Mata Hari has never quite been of this world.  She's never been quite satisfied with Monte Vista.  Seeing her all grown up just confirms that.  Her everyday wear:

Formal:

Sleep:

Sports:

Swim (I told her she was doing too much weight training!):

and Outerwear:

We, none of us, know what she's up to with her career or her plans for Percy.  It's up to us to wait and see and just feel confidant that Eureka knows what she saw.

While we wait for Mata to seal our fate, we all must be feeling something different.  Granny, I think, worries the most about what she'll be if she's no longer a granny.

Allegra worries that she'll not be a rock star until she's too old to look good in the costume.  I don't think she worries about much else.  Allegra is not a worrier.

Eden wonders how many love interests she can have if everyone comes back.

Eureka has moments of ... eureka.

Mona Lisa, my mother, is just as mysterious to me as them all.  Who knows what she could be thinking of.  What she wishes for or fears.

As for me, there's Hiram.  There's endless possibility.  There's the promise of a dream I may one day fulfill ... if we succeed.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Cause and Effect
« Reply #544 on: March 23, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »
Mata Hari is so pretty! And she resurrected the braid . . . sigh  :'( . Her wardrobe really wants to make me get the India Inspirations set, even though I already have some of the hairstyles.

And I love Eureka's "Eureka!" face! It's so funny when sims do that.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #545 on: March 23, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »
Rosetta is still so pretty after like, 300 years :P I loved Eureka's face when she got a light bulb :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #546 on: March 23, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

Ooh, look at Rosetta's pretty new CC hair! By the way, I finally have to ask, what is Coralie's name based off of? I can't think of any Coralie writers. Mata's Indian style wardrobe is quite fitting. I can't believe we're almost to the final generation!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #547 on: March 23, 2013, 09:09:08 PM »
Ooh, look at Rosetta's pretty new CC hair! By the way, I finally have to ask, what is Coralie's name based off of? I can't think of any Coralie writers. Mata's Indian style wardrobe is quite fitting. I can't believe we're almost to the final generation!

Rosetta insists on randomly having that hair for some reason.  She's been doing it since her young adulthood and you can see it in some of her career shots.  I've given up on trying to control her.  Coralie's name isn't based on anything.  I did consider changing it to fit the theme of the dynasty, but Coralie Classic really was just a homeless Sim I had in the bin that I'd gotten attached to and I couldn't imagine calling her anything else.

I know, I can't believe it either!  Can't wait to show you guys the nooboo :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #548 on: March 24, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
Haha, I think Rosa and I must be opposites, because I can't identify with Mata any better than I could Eden! Although, I love them both as characters; they're both so charming and outgoing. They really have a way of making you smile. I feel a little sad for Mata, though, playing games instead of just being herself. I probably shouldn't though, she seems to enjoy playing a part.

I think what connects them is though both have strongly developed imaginations, although expressed in very different ways. Let me tell you from the perspective of one who is always 'playing a part', it doesn't feel wrong. It feels normal and natural, and fun. I used to worry about always being someone different, but then I realised that that was me, and I've accepted it ever since.

Rosetta insists on randomly having that hair for some reason.  She's been doing it since her young adulthood and you can see it in some of her career shots.  I've given up on trying to control her.  Coralie's name isn't based on anything.  I did consider changing it to fit the theme of the dynasty, but Coralie Classic really was just a homeless Sim I had in the bin that I'd gotten attached to and I couldn't imagine calling her anything else.

I know, I can't believe it either!  Can't wait to show you guys the nooboo :)

I'm fairly certain there is a book title Coralie though. I looked it up after I started reading this story.

I'm looking forward to seeing generation 8! All this mystery about the preparations. . . I want to know what they are!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #549 on: March 24, 2013, 07:21:45 AM »
First of all: I love your story, so well written.

Secondly: I need, need, need Mata Hari's younger hairstyle! I love it. Can you let me know what it's called, pretty please?!

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:39 AM »
Wow, I cant believe 8th generation is almost here! It seems like it was yesterday Coralie moved in and met Carlotta. Or Allegra complained about finding out that she had robotic siblings. And I'd love to have Mata's braid for my sims! Could you please tell where you found it?

Emily Redbird
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
Mata Hari is so pretty! And she resurrected the braid . . . sigh  :'( . Her wardrobe really wants to make me get the India Inspirations set, even though I already have some of the hairstyles.

And I love Eureka's "Eureka!" face! It's so funny when sims do that.

I've never been able to use it, so I'm glad I can now.  She looks spectacular in the sari.

Rosetta is still so pretty after like, 300 years :P I loved Eureka's face when she got a light bulb :D

She is.  You can't tell she's an elder in most photos of her.

I think what connects them is though both have strongly developed imaginations, although expressed in very different ways. Let me tell you from the perspective of one who is always 'playing a part', it doesn't feel wrong. It feels normal and natural, and fun. I used to worry about always being someone different, but then I realised that that was me, and I've accepted it ever since.

I'm fairly certain there is a book title Coralie though. I looked it up after I started reading this story.

I'm looking forward to seeing generation 8! All this mystery about the preparations. . . I want to know what they are!

If you find it, shoot it over.  It's always fun when there's an accidental appropriateness behind a name.  For example, the name Emmaline (from my Students story) means "universal, all encompassing," which is great because her LTW is to be in all the social groups, but it was a total accident.

I have moments where I enjoy playing a part too.  It's never felt dishonest or anything, just fun.

First of all: I love your story, so well written.

Secondly: I need, need, need Mata Hari's younger hairstyle! I love it. Can you let me know what it's called, pretty please?!

Thank you!  I'll PM you a link this afternoon.

Wow, I cant believe 8th generation is almost here! It seems like it was yesterday Coralie moved in and met Carlotta. Or Allegra complained about finding out that she had robotic siblings. And I'd love to have Mata's braid for my sims! Could you please tell where you found it?

Emily Redbird

I know, it all seems to have gone by so fast, while at the same time I feel like I've been working on this thing for years.  I'll send you Mata's braid today as well :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Progressive Resistance Training
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »
Even though the snow is gone, I still regularly marvel at how beautiful Monte Vista is.  The bells echoing from the city all the day of my graduation rang through the empty cobbled streets as I walked down to meet Percy.  They seemed to be cheering me on.

We arrived for the ceremony early that morning, and were surprised to find the path to the auditorium blocked by protestors.  Protesting on MY behalf!  It sounds so crazy, but we're really quite famous nowadays, after so many immortals of influence.  The world knows I have to have a baby out of wedlock and there are some kind strangers out there who feel I shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

Percy likes to tease me that I love the scandal.  That really, I'd do it even if marriage were allowed.

He doesn't know how often I roll the wish to marry him for real.  That's okay.  I told him I graduated as most likely to complete my LTW to be an International Super Spy.  Pretty cool, eh?

"What about the protest?" he asked.  "Anyone we know involved."

"Nah," I said.

"Just a bunch of angry strangers ..."

I sometimes ask him repeatedly if he really is okay with this whole set up.  With not being married.  With the taboo.

He likes to put on his best Scarlet O'Hara and pretend it's the first time I've mentioned it every. single. time.  It cracks me up and it puts my mind at ease.

It's not like the paparazzi aren't onto us anyway.  We don't even care anymore.

Mom's elder birthday is coming up fast.  She's a pop icon these days and likely won't hit Level 10 until after her figure goes the way of the elders.  I think she's coping.

She approves of Percy, which is great news for me.  The grannies and Mom swarmed him when he came over for the first time.  He handled it like a champ.

"He'd get along with Hiram," Rosetta said afterward with a pat on my arm.

So I invited him to stay the night, and we spent some time in the hot tub.

We talked a bit about the idea of me getting pregnant.  About a baby.  About how well he'd do as a father who didn't live with his child.

And once we'd talked it all over a thousand times each, we both felt just as sure as we had before.

We decided to make a nooboo.

Duchess had the misfortune to be in the greenhouse when this was happening and got rather violently splashed.  No one knows where she's been ever since.

We never did get chimes, but I was confidant that a baby would be on the way soon.  Percy began to spend nights with us.

In the days, while he worked at the bookstore, I thought about what motherhood might be like.

And I made sure my body was ready for it.

So, when I finally knew for sure, there were no worries or concerns, just overwhelming happiness.

Also a lot of research and notes.

And at least one guy who needed to hear the news firsthand.

One very happy guy.

Sometimes I think he has a guidebook to me.  Who knows how he got it.  But he knows all my secrets and all my buttons.  When we sleep sometimes I open my eyes and admire him.  I hope our baby has the best of both of us.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Progressive Resistance Training
« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
So sweet -- can't wait to see Classic #8!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Progressive Resistance Training
« Reply #554 on: March 25, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Aw, that was really sweet! Bunch of angry strangers, huh?  Not you and your mum, no not at all...
That's so cute, Classic Baby is going to be adorable! So close! Whoo!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04