Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978854 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1065 on: October 08, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
I don't know if it's related, but my sims family tree shows that Shark Rackett's father is still alive, and Shark himself is 107 days.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1066 on: October 08, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
I also noticed, when a great-great grandchild is born, it is listed as best friend to the great great grandfather, wonder if the family tree stops at great grandparents and children, that kinda bites.  Oh well, at least I still have a tree, no worries, just wanted to see if anyone else is finding this out that has gotten that far. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

faeryfyre

« Reply #1067 on: October 08, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
I've read through the topic, but some parts of it have been a while.  So I may have missed an answer to this question if it was asked prior.  Are you allowed to move in people your Immortal Family isn't married to?  Like a girlfriend or whatnot?  Also is polygamy allowed?  I realize the game won't let you actually marry two people at the same time, but you can marry one, get the no jealousy reward, then break it off, marry again, and everyone lives in the house.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1068 on: October 08, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »
Are you allowed to move in people your Immortal Family isn't married to?  Like a girlfriend or whatnot?

Immortals, spouses, and the offspring are it for the household. So, you need to get married and then bring a spouse into the household, not before.

Also is polygamy allowed?  I realize the game won't let you actually marry two people at the same time, but you can marry one, get the no jealousy reward, then break it off, marry again, and everyone lives in the house.

You can marry twice. I did this with my Founder to enable a certain strategy I'm employing. But, any spouse has to live a full life with no influence from you on their life span. Once a spouse would die, then your immortal is free to bring in another spouse.

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1069 on: October 09, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »
I have started for the second time.
I have married Agnes Crumpleton.
I have a question Agnes Crumpleton has a Broem Sjezer of 85000 in her family inventory
May I sell the car I will be rich in a day.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1070 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
I had my immortal marry Agnes also, you can sell her car and she brings 20,000 simoleons with her.  It is a nice chunk of change to start with.  I just kept building on the funds until I had enough to really build a nice house and just kept building and building, etc. lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1071 on: October 09, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
I mentioned this in my Chronos story thread, but thought I should pose the question here.

I sent Hera (founder) and Billy (spouse) to China.  Billy went home early, but Hera stayed for her whole trip, and now she won't go home.  I found a save file from right before they went on vacation, am I allowed to go back and use it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1072 on: October 09, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
I mentioned this in my Chronos story thread, but thought I should pose the question here.

That's best to post questions here because I don't get to all stories sometimes.

I sent Hera (founder) and Billy (spouse) to China.  Billy went home early, but Hera stayed for her whole trip, and now she won't go home.  I found a save file from right before they went on vacation, am I allowed to go back and use it?

Yes. I didn't even know you could send people home separately. How is that even possible? If Billy goes home then the file would only be played from the home town.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1073 on: October 09, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
I just had him as the active player and used the phone to "return Home".  A screen popped up and I got to choose who went home.  I only chose him and he went home, leaving me in China with Hera.  I thought I was ok with this, because I could focus on getting her a visa 3, but then she wouldn't go home when her trip was over.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1074 on: October 09, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »
Yes. I didn't even know you could send people home separately. How is that even possible? If Billy goes home then the file would only be played from the home town.

The Sim who goes home early just leaves and the player stays in the foreign country with the remaining Sim(s) until the vacation is over or until the remaining also go home.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Tara Rosewood

« Reply #1075 on: October 11, 2010, 07:08:14 AM »

The Gilligan Glitch strikes again! This is what happened to me every time I tried to travel in my Immortal Dynasty. Since it's a glitch, I reloaded the "save before risking travel" file - but then, my game isn't for the scoreboard. I kept trying different combinations of travelers (mother & daughter; married couple; single YA; one of a married couple only) and different destinations, but each time I was stuck on that three-day-cruise forever. I've given up now. (It's kind of comforting to know I'm not the only one afflicted by Gilligan, but I'm sorry you're having this problem too. Hoping for a patch some day!)

Metro, if you have two or more people on vacation one of them can leave early by using their phone to "return home". The pop-up menu from that phone call lets you select who's going home from a list; you can choose just one, or as many as you like. They wave and disappear. You continue to play anyone still on vacation; gameplay doesn't return to the home lot.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1076 on: October 13, 2010, 02:53:03 AM »
I need a permission to use old saved file. Again, France was fatal for my dynasty, and it's even worse because I lost saved files all the way back just before third generation was born. Trip to China and new house are gone :( it is around 5 sim days and 3 vacation days that I lost. I'm not shore if I'll get twin boys again nor how they'll look if I go back.
Anyway, I'm waiting for permission to continue the old file.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1077 on: October 13, 2010, 03:01:58 AM »
I need a permission to use old saved file. Again, France was fatal for my dynasty, and it's even worse because I lost saved files all the way back just before third generation was born. Trip to China and new house are gone :( it is around 5 sim days and 3 vacation days that I lost. I'm not shore if I'll get twin boys again nor how they'll look if I go back.
Anyway, I'm waiting for permission to continue the old file.

Yes, if you've lost your entire file, go ahead and revert to a saved file.  It's a nasty bug that's out of your control.  Be sure to save before you leave for vacation so that, hopefully, you won't lose as much play time if it happens again. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1078 on: October 13, 2010, 03:21:30 AM »
Thank you Pam. Yes I did save many times while building house with that aquarium, then when they returned from China, but due to bad sector on backup harddisk I lost most of the saved files (and many other things too). Anyway, I was surprised to have this few saved (thanks to my dear computer whiz husband) so it looks like it is not as bad as it could be.

heatinfreezing

« Reply #1079 on: October 14, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »
I was thinking of participating this, but wanted to ask a couple of questions.  Firstly, can paintings/sculptures of the founder be put in the museum if they're done by a spouse (I know it's not a requirement)?  Then... I'm guessing that "natural conception of immortals" means you can't use fertility treatment and/or watermelons and apples?  Would it also disallow a same-sex pregnancy mod?  [I figure all kinds of mods are usually disqualified for these kinds of things, but I don't know how this one in particular would impede challenge functioning].  Is adoption allowed for second children, who won't be immortal?