Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972486 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9810 on: June 14, 2014, 09:41:26 AM »
I am getting a new computer soon, so I just wanted to make sure that I can transfer my immortal dynasties to it. I just have to make sure to install all of the same expansions and things that I had on the old computer and they should still be good as HoF attempts, correct?

Correct.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9811 on: June 14, 2014, 09:52:26 AM »
Okay, thanks but I have a second question. Can I purchase a lot once I'm in game to place them down on?

Because the Arboretum lot doesn't fit in sunset valley how I have it set up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9812 on: June 14, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »
Can I purchase a lot once I'm in game to place them down on?

Yes. 

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9813 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:25 AM »
Okay, thank you!  :)

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9814 on: June 15, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »
Sorry for the double post but this is the next day.
Does anyone have any issues with store content causing their games to crash. Because whenever I start my dynasty, once it loads my lot, it crashes and I can't figure out why.

Thanks,
Disaster

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9815 on: June 15, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »
Yes, store content can do that. The general advice is to disable all your custom content (there's a button on the "installed" screen), then bring it back piece by piece.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9816 on: June 15, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »
Okay, thanks. I think I solved my issue though. Once I stopped placing down the store lots it went fine.

Thanks anyway,
Disaster

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9817 on: June 16, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
I'm trying for an ID in UC.  UC is lacking all Supernatural lot, all ITF lots and all Uni lots and no festival lot.  I am not playing the last version of UC as it is bugged.  First of all, is that ok?  It is the next to last version that was posted in the guide.

2.   In order to place one of the missing lots, is it ok to bulldoze a lot with an empty house on it that fits the size requirements for an EA created lot, (like one of the festival lots), change that lot from residential to commercial and place the legal EA lot on it?

3.  In order to place one or more of the missing lots is it ok to place empty lots, (my choice is behind the equestrian center where you can place new lots), put the appropriate sized lot down, choose commercial and place the appropriate EA created lots on those lots?  (I want to put Supernatural lots there).

4.  There is an overabundance of parking spaces in UC, (including the latest version).  Can some or all of these parking spaces be deleted via Edit Town before starting your dynasty?  If not, eventually, (very quickly actually), they will fill up and there will be issue of cars stuck every where and serious lag.

5.  UC has several doubled trees and shrubs.  Trees and shrubs where two of the same were placed one on top of one another.  I believe this contributes to the lag in UC.  Can these be deleted in Edit Town prior to game play?

6.  Are store towns, like Midnight Hollow or Roaring Heights, allowed as ID towns? EDITED:  sorry, found the answer in the Rules.  Please ignore.

7.  Can you place store venues like the new World of Wonder or any of the gardening ones?

8.  Can you place and use, on your own home lot, items from venues like Stones Throw Greenhouse Swift Grow Gardening Station or the toddler items that teach them skills and keep them happy without much input from parents?

Thanks Metro and team.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9818 on: June 16, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »
No bulldozing empty houses to make room for new lots (I know that Union Cove is special because you can bulldoze Metro's Mansion and Amberlea Mansion, but those are the only exceptions).

Putting down new empty lots is fine.

I'll forward the question about parking spaces to Metro and the gang. I support any measure to keep Union Cove running better, but I don't have much power over these things either. :P

I'll ask him about the trees and shrubs too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9819 on: June 16, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »
Double post, but both of your fixes have been approved for yourself and any UC players. :) I'll edit the Edit Town rules to include the changes, but go ahead and do it.

EDIT:

On 06/16/2014, the following changes were made:

Players playing in Union Cove are allowed these changes to improve performance:

- Removal of extraneous parking lots via Edit Town.

- Removal of extraneous trees and shrubs via Edit Town.

Please note that these fixes are allowed only if you are playing in Union Cove.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9820 on: June 16, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »
Thanks Trip.  As for bulldozing and placing the Fiesta lot, well DUH!  If you bulldoze Amberlea Manor and/or Metro's Mansion you already have an empty lot for it.  By the way,  Eerie Park works real well in UC for a Fiesta Lot.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9821 on: June 16, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »
Double Post.  Apologies but I'm concerned about the premium items/venues giving unfair advantage to players.  I personally would love to use the gardening station as it would help supermax gardening in no time and not having to take care of a nooboo or toddler very much would certainly speed things up but only for those who can afford these special items.  I'm hoping they are legal but would have to lose a dynasty by using them if they are not. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9822 on: June 16, 2014, 05:09:15 PM »
@Joria-

Yes the gardening station is approved for dynasty, HOF eligible.  Premium items/venues are welcome in all dynasties, only certain items that prolong lifespan are banned (the specific items banned should be on the rules page of each dynasty).

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9823 on: June 16, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
Does anyone know what EP's cause the most lag. I'm having huge lag issue and at this rate I'll have to restart my dynasty. If I have to do a full reinstall I'm ditching IP, IF, SH. Are there any others that cause lag? Those are just the ones I don't use.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9824 on: June 16, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »
Doesn't it depend on what neighborhood you're using?

I know people have complained about Bridgeport lag before, but I never ran into that issue.

The lag I usually get is because I don't shut the game when I go to bed (just Save As), and/or returning from WA locations.