Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970814 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9840 on: June 17, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »
My record old sim was 152, but not in a dynasty file, fortunately. In my current decadynasty I have a spouse who is 89 and her mother is still alive.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #9841 on: June 18, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
Yeah, she just proved me wrong and died at the ripe old age of 118.  It's still weird though, that she never got the option to retire.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9843 on: June 19, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
The next generation heir had to be born with both parent in the immortal (our) household right?
Does the parent has to be married or not?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9844 on: June 19, 2014, 03:58:57 AM »
As far as I am aware, they do not have to be married, just living in the same household, except for the seventh heir because of the space issue.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9845 on: June 19, 2014, 04:00:55 AM »
Yay! Great news. Because I almost ran out of space too as a result of a miscalculation.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #9846 on: June 21, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »
Hi there all! I have a clarification question:

I am particularly fond of townie genes (as many of you are, I'm sure). When my seventh generation is capable of having the final generation I was curious if it was against the rules to resurrect (using witchcraft spells) a long-dead-since-before-starting-the-game sim to not move in, but to befriend, invite over, have some fun and send them on their merry way to join the NPC household/whatever households those Sims join in directly after being raised from the grave?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9847 on: June 21, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
That's perfectly fine, because if you can resurrect pre-made ghosts for your immortals to marry, why shouldn't you be able to resurrect one without moving them in? For reference, sims resurrected with the Reanimation Ritual remain in the Service NPC Household if you don't move them in.

Heck, you can even have #7 Try for Baby with a ghost without resurrecting them. Rhoxi and I both did that.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #9848 on: June 21, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
That's perfectly fine, because if you can resurrect pre-made ghosts for your immortals to marry, why shouldn't you be able to resurrect one without moving them in? For reference, sims resurrected with the Reanimation Ritual remain in the Service NPC Household if you don't move them in.

Heck, you can even have #7 Try for Baby with a ghost without resurrecting them. Rhoxi and I both did that.
Thank you for clarifying! I just wanted to be sure because I was under the impression that you could only resurrect when you wanted to move them in. I didn't want a ghost baby (not that they aren't cool, I just can't stand Sim-reactions to them all the time!). Woo, now I just have to MAKE IT to generation 7! Haha.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9849 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
It's been awhile and this thread is sooooo long so forgive the following question.  My founder has maxed, (reached level 10), of gardening but has not supermaxed it.  (not reached level 10 of the career or done all the black ops).  When we are talking about maxing and supermaxing does that mean she would have to max one skill, (gardening), and another skill for supermax?  In other words do you max out two skills, with one of them being supermax, or just one, supermaxed skill?

Union Cove is being a really easy place to ID, especially for me since I know where everyone lives and where most of the goodies are, so by day one my founder found and married her spouse, (Giovanni Gepetto), stole enough cars to set them up well, (Giovanni brings very little to the marriage), got her garden rolling along nicely and now at week 3 Pietro, still a child, is at level 6 painting, Giovanni is at level 6 sculpting, (they both started out at fairly high levels), and my founder has maxed gardening.  Everyone is pretty sleep deprived most of the time but that's the price you pay.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9850 on: June 23, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »
You only need to max out one skill and supermax it. Your founder could do all of the skill challenges and supermax gardening without needing to touch another skill, or supermax another skill and leave gardening as a free skill for anyone to learn. I think that's what your question was, anyways. Answering questions while I'm at work might not be a good idea. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9851 on: June 23, 2014, 05:11:56 PM »
Thank you, that made it very clear.  Since she's already level 10 gardening I'll just supermax that and leave fishing etc. to someone else.  It can make a problem since her LTW is 5 star chef so guess she'll have two skills supermaxed.  Pietro and Giovanni can do fishing while she focuses on her culinary career and Giovanni already helps out in the garden when he's not sculpting.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9852 on: June 24, 2014, 10:58:51 AM »
@Metropolis Man: OK, I have a question, which may have been asked already, but I simply don't want to have to slog through almost 400 pages just to find it:

I see that one of the rules is that the game must be up to the latest update. Is there a functional reason for this? I ask because I'm dying to take your challenge, but I don't know how updated my game actually is (beyond whatever was loaded along with Isla Paradiso), since my gaming PC is never online. (Strange but true)

My question is: is it ABSOLUTELY necessary? or would you be willing to waive that rule for a internet-challenged person? (Seriously, I only have internet at work.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9853 on: June 24, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
@Metropolis Man: OK, I have a question, which may have been asked already, but I simply don't want to have to slog through almost 400 pages just to find it:

I see that one of the rules is that the game must be up to the latest update. Is there a functional reason for this? I ask because I'm dying to take your challenge, but I don't know how updated my game actually is (beyond whatever was loaded along with Isla Paradiso), since my gaming PC is never online. (Strange but true)

My question is: is it ABSOLUTELY necessary? or would you be willing to waive that rule for a internet-challenged person? (Seriously, I only have internet at work.)

The Launcher will flag you if you have the latest patch or not. If you do not, a blue box pops up asking you to patch up. Easy peasy, right? But, to answer your question, yes it is necessary that everyone play under as close to the same parameters as possible.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9854 on: June 24, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
The Launcher will flag you if you have the latest patch or not. If you do not, a blue box pops up asking you to patch up.

How would that work if you're not connected to the internet? If your computer never goes online, it's never going to be able to tell a new patch has come out.
- Jessica

anything