Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 271337 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1125 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »
Yeah, do not worry about aging up kids outside of the household if you get invited to their birthday party. They would have aged up anyway, so you're not speeding up the process.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1126 on: May 21, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply!  :) Party invites are coming at my kid from all directions!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1127 on: May 21, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »
My sim caught first Angel Fish! :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1128 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
Congrats geekischic, that's a good feeling when that first one comes in!  :)

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1129 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:55 PM »
Yup, and close to growing first death flower! YAY!

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1130 on: May 23, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
If my sim has other sims do work on her garden (like weeding) can she then not submit plants to the museum?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #1131 on: May 23, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »
If my sim has other sims do work on her garden (like weeding) can she then not submit plants to the museum?

While I have no particular authority, my personal feeling would be that it depends on the answer to"Did she do most of the work herself?"

For most of the other items, it is rather clear cut in that adding X number of items takes X number of actions - want 8 paintings, then paint 8 things. For gardening on the other hand, getting to the point where you have them takes rather more actions and time - Plant, repeated waterings/weedings, possible fertilizing, then harvesting. Though you could make the counter argument that you can just plant a single Lily and then get all 8-10 components in one harvest a few days later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1132 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »
Easily 95% of the work. Easily.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1133 on: May 25, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Can I add a Sim to my household that has the Bodybuilder Aspiration if I change that into another?
(e.g. J Huntington)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1134 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
Can I add a Sim to my household that has the Bodybuilder Aspiration if I change that into another?
(e.g. J Huntington)

Yep, just make sure to do it first thing so you do not accidentally forget.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1135 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »
Thank you!  :D

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1136 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:44 PM »
Are we going to let Sims take the Bodybuilder aspiration in future challenges? I understand why Bodybuilder is banned and nobody can select it - even though one won't get the special trait until they complete it fully, it's easy to forget that you have it and ACCIDENTALLY complete it, especially now that EA changed the requirements and mentoring Sims in Fitness isn't one the requirements anymore - but this is the first time that a lifetime wish or whatever has been BANNED because it's life extension.  ???
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1137 on: May 25, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
Are we going to let Sims take the Bodybuilder aspiration in future challenges? I understand why Bodybuilder is banned and nobody can select it - even though one won't get the special trait until they complete it fully, it's easy to forget that you have it and ACCIDENTALLY complete it, especially now that EA changed the requirements and mentoring Sims in Fitness isn't one the requirements anymore - but this is the first time that a lifetime wish or whatever has been BANNED because it's life extension.  ???

Well, I am not sure about how Bodybuilder would impact future Dynasties. The problem in all Dynasties is you have to keep your heirs around, but we'll see. As far as Bodybuilder and the Tournament challenges it is NOT banned since the life extension does not kick in until Elder stage and basically all events finish at or before the Elder birthday.

Offline johnnabither

• Nooboo
« Reply #1138 on: May 26, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
Well.. I just started my dynasty this evening.. I printed out the spreadsheet and tried to plan out everything I wanted to do.. Let's see how this is going to work for me... Wish me luck! :-)

PS thanks to everyone who has posted replies in this post before. I just read through every single response to get answers to my questions and to clarify a few things! I'm excited!!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
  • And I usually don't fall when I try to stand
« Reply #1139 on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but for our one of our unique BFFs, are we allowed to use, say, the Grim Reaper?  ::)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1140 on: May 27, 2015, 04:58:33 AM »
@officialghosts If he shows up in the relationship bar I don't see why not. We got approval for the teddy bears etc so can a Mod confirm please?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1141 on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:46 AM »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but for our one of our unique BFFs, are we allowed to use, say, the Grim Reaper?  ::)

Yep, that is fine.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1142 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:27 AM »
Thank you Nettlejuice and Metro! Just making sure, didn't want to find out all my efforts had been for nothing later because of one little thing.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1143 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »
Oh, yeah, about the Reaper...

This is not really relevant to an Immortal Dynasty, but forget about having babies with the Grim Reaper. He cannot be WooHooed because he won't unlock any romantic options beyond the basic ones, even if you make him your Sim's soulmate by maxing out the romantic relationship bar! I've tried to get him to have WooHoo but he won't have it.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: May 27, 2015, 08:46:19 PM »
If one of my heir's want to make mixology drinks his museum items... and he needs a death flower for the drink. Does he...

1. have to create a death flower plant from scratch by splicing etc or...

2. harvest a death flower from the dynasty garden, plant it and evolve it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
If one of my heir's want to make mixology drinks his museum items... and he needs a death flower for the drink. Does he...

1. have to create a death flower plant from scratch by splicing etc or...

2. harvest a death flower from the dynasty garden, plant it and evolve it?

#2 is okay. He still is "doing the work" because he had the level up mixology to unlock those recipes - that's the main thing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1146 on: May 27, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the super quick reply!  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1147 on: May 27, 2015, 10:44:15 PM »
I don't get it.  I just don't get it!!  I've been reading all the dynasty stories and I just don't get how you have enough time to do all the different things you guys do, especially Playsalot.  Shheez.  You go on vacations, play with your kids, get them to skill up ALL the aspirations, have intricate, (and sometimes frustrating as in Doctor), careers and manage to make it on and on in your dynasties AND manage to do fabulous screenshots and tell really great stories.  How do you guys do it?  I can't begin to tell you how many tries this current one is but all I see at the moment is it's doggone boring!  Get up, pee, eat, go to work, come home, pee, eat, whoo hoo, sleep and if you're lucky there is time to do some skilling.  Ok, last one was definitely my fault.  I got him to work late so he aged out before he maxed his career although everything else was complete. (SIGH)  This one is a cook, again, goes to work on time, does all the things she should but only one promotion so far, (started at level 3).  Worst of all is the parties.  I hate parties!!  IRL as well as Sims.  Yet you guys are able to manage three in a row on the same day whilst I pull my hair out and sweat bullets with one.  Color me orange for tense.  lol  Ok, now that I've vented I'm maybe green for Happy but I really would love to know how you all manage it so well.  Kudos to you, one and all, and to me for being so stubbornly determined to eventually succeed.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1148 on: May 28, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »
@Joria I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the dynasty. Finishing up the first generation myself, I know it can be a crazy ride.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would say the key to my success is the absolutely insane amount of micromanaging I do. I pause my game pretty much every 10 seconds to run through all of my sims, check their needs, make sure they're staying on task, take screenshots, etc. Then I press play, wait a few seconds, and do it all over again. Honestly most of my time playing is probably spent paused, considering my next move. It makes for incredibly slow going, but it definitely makes the house a lot more productive due to the lack of hang time between their actions.

If you haven't already, I would suggest looking at the threads for some of this year's tournament challenges. A lot of super great simmers have posted their strategies there, and while they may not all be completely applicable to an immortal dynasty I feel I've learned a lot about what makes the game tick from reading through them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: May 28, 2015, 03:06:01 AM »
@Joria , I'm not sure if it's ok to post a huge long post here but I'll PM you if you like with some of what I do. I guess the main thing I do is use items from careers and skills that make things easier on the sim. e.g. moodlet solver is a shared reward for all sims. It tops up all the needs in one sip so that sims can basically go go go 24/7. An energized sim's energy depletes a lot slower too. I also use the older immortals as 'slaves' for the current heirs that are working on their skills/careers etc
Also those trips out of the dynasty house are mostly for fishing... Most sims will be fishing hard out for angelfish while I use the other one for screenshots and a 'story' idea for a chapter. The chapters where it looks like my sims have gone to hang out at Granite Falls for fun.... aren't really like that in game. They will be skilling up or collecting items/insects they need and the actually screenshots will only take up a very short amount of game time.  Sometimes I just take my sims there for about 1 sim hour and just snap a lot of screenshots that I put together as a story when really nothing happened apart from them being there, running around and then go straight home!

During parties I guess it's just about sitting on the pause button and using MY sims to get the requirements done asap. I know a few tricks that help, for example for three sims playing a game I just use three of my sims playing blicblok on their tablets. It takes seconds and as soon as the requirement ticks off I quit them playing and they all move on to doing the next requirement.

I am very willing to share what I do. But you know, I haven't made it through a complete dynasty either! They are hard!  :)

About careers, I always have my teen sims max out the skills they will need for their career and buy them the 'connections' reward so that they start at L4. I also have them max charisma so they can use the 'negotiate for bonus' interaction to help them level up. If a sim hasn't maxed charisma by the time they are a YA I buy them the "great kisser' reward (which is a shared reward) and then find some random sim and they spend the day kissing their way to L10 Charisma before their first day at work.

The older sims mentor the younger ones where possible so my founder maxed guitar once he was immortal because I knew that I wanted gen 4 to have guitar as a skill and for the musical genius aspiration... that way my founder could mentor gen 4 and so the skilling happened a lot quicker.

So, umm, there's some of what I do anyway.  :)

anything