Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706091 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1125 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:10 PM »
Yeah, do not worry about aging up kids outside of the household if you get invited to their birthday party. They would have aged up anyway, so you're not speeding up the process.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1126 on: May 21, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply!  :) Party invites are coming at my kid from all directions!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1127 on: May 21, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »
My sim caught first Angel Fish! :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1128 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
Congrats geekischic, that's a good feeling when that first one comes in!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1129 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:55 PM »
Yup, and close to growing first death flower! YAY!

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1130 on: May 23, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
If my sim has other sims do work on her garden (like weeding) can she then not submit plants to the museum?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #1131 on: May 23, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »
If my sim has other sims do work on her garden (like weeding) can she then not submit plants to the museum?

While I have no particular authority, my personal feeling would be that it depends on the answer to"Did she do most of the work herself?"

For most of the other items, it is rather clear cut in that adding X number of items takes X number of actions - want 8 paintings, then paint 8 things. For gardening on the other hand, getting to the point where you have them takes rather more actions and time - Plant, repeated waterings/weedings, possible fertilizing, then harvesting. Though you could make the counter argument that you can just plant a single Lily and then get all 8-10 components in one harvest a few days later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1132 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »
Easily 95% of the work. Easily.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1133 on: May 25, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »
Can I add a Sim to my household that has the Bodybuilder Aspiration if I change that into another?
(e.g. J Huntington)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1134 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
Can I add a Sim to my household that has the Bodybuilder Aspiration if I change that into another?
(e.g. J Huntington)

Yep, just make sure to do it first thing so you do not accidentally forget.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1135 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »
Thank you!  :D

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1136 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:44 PM »
Are we going to let Sims take the Bodybuilder aspiration in future challenges? I understand why Bodybuilder is banned and nobody can select it - even though one won't get the special trait until they complete it fully, it's easy to forget that you have it and ACCIDENTALLY complete it, especially now that EA changed the requirements and mentoring Sims in Fitness isn't one the requirements anymore - but this is the first time that a lifetime wish or whatever has been BANNED because it's life extension.  ???
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1137 on: May 25, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
Are we going to let Sims take the Bodybuilder aspiration in future challenges? I understand why Bodybuilder is banned and nobody can select it - even though one won't get the special trait until they complete it fully, it's easy to forget that you have it and ACCIDENTALLY complete it, especially now that EA changed the requirements and mentoring Sims in Fitness isn't one the requirements anymore - but this is the first time that a lifetime wish or whatever has been BANNED because it's life extension.  ???

Well, I am not sure about how Bodybuilder would impact future Dynasties. The problem in all Dynasties is you have to keep your heirs around, but we'll see. As far as Bodybuilder and the Tournament challenges it is NOT banned since the life extension does not kick in until Elder stage and basically all events finish at or before the Elder birthday.

Offline johnnabither

• Nooboo
« Reply #1138 on: May 26, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
Well.. I just started my dynasty this evening.. I printed out the spreadsheet and tried to plan out everything I wanted to do.. Let's see how this is going to work for me... Wish me luck! :-)

PS thanks to everyone who has posted replies in this post before. I just read through every single response to get answers to my questions and to clarify a few things! I'm excited!!

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1139 on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but for our one of our unique BFFs, are we allowed to use, say, the Grim Reaper?  ::)